User Tag List

Not possible, english layout does not appear in the hex... if you change it, most of the keyboards (including the english one) will be changed. russian was the only choise.
    2008-08-01 10:10 AM
    We should look in the libsystem.B.dylib file.
    Its not enough to put the .dylib. I think you should also patch the dyld file so that other applications can find the new dylib.
    Anyway, i'm sure its a central solution, and not application related.
    maybe in privateframeworks/core/foundation or /usr/lib

any ideas?
    2008-08-01 10:26 AM
    So:
    1 Can someone write a tutorial how to change rus key into some other?

2 Why can't one more keyboard be added?
    2008-08-02 10:14 PM
    if you download iphoneshop 2.0 python sources, in the remarks the author made, you can find the exact way to change those characters layouts.

the trick lay in the way to tell the frameworks that you have a language which has a new artwork, different from the native European one (with unique characters).

Maybe we need to put some effort there, and devise an even nicer looking keyboard.

if you download iphoneshop 2.0 python sources, in the remarks the author made, you can find the exact way to change those characters layouts.

the trick lay in the way to tell the frameworks that you have a language which has a new artwork, different from the native European one (with unique characters).

Maybe we need to put some effort there, and devise an even nicer looking keyboard.
    Last edited by shaishap; 2008-08-03 at 10:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-08-03 10:28 AM
    is there iphoneshop 2.0 for mac???
    2008-08-03 01:08 PM
    doesn't matter. you only need it to read the comments he wrote.
    also, python files can be compiled on any platform that has a python compiler.
    2008-08-03 03:04 PM
    about the keyboard, me and some other guys managed to create a hebrew keyboard before they did, and we released it for free. if anyone needs help in creating his own custom keyboard i'll be glad to help out, if i have time.
    arad, any chance you could post instructions on how to create one's own keyboard layout -- i think lots of people would really appreciate it.

all best,
    tench
    2008-08-04 04:17 PM
    About /System/Library/TextInput/

Here are Auto Correct strings, stored into dat file. idx file is index file. I have renamed TextInput_en.boundle into TextInput_en.backup to "stop" annoying auto-correct.

I think that it has nothing to do with Keyboard.

K.
    I did this also.
    But how to revert from this tweak?
    Any idea ?
    2008-08-05 12:06 PM
    Guys, you can get the bins from iPhoneHE by adding the package sources to Cydia and downloading the iPhoneHE-Package. Then you'll find a file named iPhoneHEInstall.zip in /var/mobile/Media/.
    I just tried to play around with included files (HEB.dylib, Hebrew.lproj etc) but I could't get the right-to-left direction. Maybe anybody has more success...

A hebrew keyboard is already available at Cydia. (It replaces the russian one.)
    2008-08-05 02:07 PM
    sorry to disappoint you, but this is old news.
    see: ph1.co.il/forums/index.php?showtopic=89
    2008-08-05 02:30 PM
    Is there any way to help me to localize iphone in bangladesh.

there is a way so i just need guide to do that
    like what i need for this and what bangla unicode i should use and where to put that font in i phone.

i dont have iphone SDK its really hard to download big file in my country.

but i really want to localize iphone in my country so can any one guide me?

thanx
    localization for iphone 2.0 and 2.0.1
    Last edited by toprobin; 2008-08-18 at 12:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-08-18 12:05 AM
    Assuming your font is non-euro, and looks more like roman characters (or other graphical type characters) - your best way would be to use the Russian keyboard.
    It uses .artwork file with specific definitions for these characters.

Look for the iphoneshop project sources (python) which describes how to work with .artwork files, and can extract your important artwork files from the phone.

You should start exploring the phones filesystem. pay attaention to /System/Library/Frameworks/UIKit.framework
    If you want to "localize" the phone so that menu items and values will be in your language, you need to create .strings files for all the various parts of the applications that are used. - You'll want to read about .plist files, and explore plutil and ldid utilities.

Some of the keyboard settings are in /System/Library/TextInput* folder.

Hope this helps.
    2008-08-18 08:49 PM
    still nobody has mentioned abt changing the characters (unicode) when making a new language keyboard.....

the keyboard interface can be made by editing the artwork file the TextInput_xx bundle....

The autocorrection words also can be setup using the dat and idx files....

i think we have to modify the TextInput_xx binary for changing the characters...

anybody has done any research on that.....

any idea regarding the same can help others for making their own keyboards....
    2008-12-20 12:04 PM
    Is there any way to help me to localize iphone in bangladesh.

there is a way so i just need guide to do that
    like what i need for this and what bangla unicode i should use and where to put that font in i phone.

i dont have iphone SDK its really hard to download big file in my country.

but i really want to localize iphone in my country so can any one guide me?

thanx
    localization for iphone 2.0 and 2.0.1
    Have a look in this thread, it should help a lot:
    "Unlock" any Region format on 2.1 - Hackint0sh
    2008-12-22 01:21 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD