User Tag List

Does anyone know how to access the applications in the 2.0 firmware yet? cuz im trying to change the sms bubbles around..
    2008-07-28 03:51 AM
    OpenSSH is a good way to access all the applications. Then change Balloon_1.png and Balloon_2.png
    "Now everyone calm the hell down and let me think about how to clean up your mess, while you build me a monument dedicated to how awesome I am."

MacBook Pro + iPhone 3GS
    2008-07-28 04:01 AM
    yea, like Numberzz said, change Balloon_1.png and Balloon_2.png to change your colors. Those can be found in the SMS application directory at /applications/mobileSMS
    2008-07-28 04:10 AM
    ok ill try that...because iphone browser and ibrikr cant access the applications folder....it comes up as a file..."applications"..not directory "applications/"

hopefully ssh is the fix... thanks
    2008-07-28 04:19 AM
    how come when ever I open a png file on my of I get an error?
    2008-07-28 04:34 AM
    Not necessarily OpenSSH, since I'm the "Original Look" fan of the iPhone, I didn't even install Cydia. There's that application called "Diskaid", doesn't require anything except your iPhone. Worked fine with me ;-)
    Get DiskAid, Browse to Applications/MobileSMS and change Balloon_1.png and Balloon_2.png (and it's better to keep a copy of the original pngs since I changed it, and I didn't like it, wanted the original bubbles again and .. lol) ..

Good luck.
    2008-07-31 01:57 PM
    how come when ever I open a png file on my of I get an error?
    This will answer your question.
    Iphone PNG images - ModMyi - Wiki

The PNG images found on the iPhone cannot be viewed by a standard image viewer. Apple, for some unknown reason, implemented a non-standard PNG format that includes an extra data before the PNG header and compressed image data without the traditional headers and footers. In addition, the red blue pixels are flipped (BGRA instead of RGBA). All iPhone PNG images appear to follow this format.
    so you need the file converted back to a readable format... as far as i understand. There are a few programs that can do that depending which OS you are on. Also, somewhere there is a pack of ALL images already converted... Search around. Lots of info on the forum.

EDIT!----- OMG!! ZOMBIE thread! Sorry guys,. i should have checked the date.
    ~0okami
    2008-12-23 03:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD