hi there,
    I just discovered that, for some reason, I can't take screenshots with the 2.0 firmware on my iPhone (for all who don't know: apple activated the internal screenshot maker. you can press and hold the home button and then switch the ringer/silent switcher to make a screenshot).
    I know that it worked when I first upgraded to 2.0, but now it doesn't. I googled it but couldn't really find out how to re-activate it. I found a "SBScreenShotter"-variable in Springboard.app, but if I try to set it to "true" it doesn't do anything.

any ideas?
    2008-07-28 03:11 PM
    Dude, it's not the silent/vibrate switch anymore. With 2.0 they changed it to clicking the sleep/wake button. You do it the same way, hold the home button and click the sleep/wake.
    Dirty as I wanna be!
    2008-07-28 03:25 PM
    lol .... I feel pretty stupid right now especially considering that I was totally sure I did it with the silent/vibrate switch once using 2.0

anyways, thanks a lot, works perfectly.
    2008-07-28 03:40 PM
    No problem, I did the same thing a couple times cause I was used to using the silent switch too. The one thing I miss though is now you can't take a screeny of your lock screen.
    Dirty as I wanna be!
    2008-07-28 03:50 PM
    Note: you can take it with either button as long as you're holding the other one.
    "Spaceships don't come equipped with rear view mirrors..." -Andre Benjamin the 3000th
    2008-09-18 12:34 AM
    I tried the old code that we used to have to SSH into the /bin directory on the old firmwares to see if I could get a screenshot of the lockscreen, but no-go.
    2008-09-18 03:03 AM
    At least you guys get the option to use the apple screenshot feature which is flawless. I have to use Capture since my Touch doesn't have a mute button and I'm on 1.1.4 (the entire point of having touch was having 1.1.4 for some old apps while my phone stayed on 2.1).

Maybe I should swap them. If I put the touch on 2.1 I should be able to use the apple screenshot with the power/home button on the Touch and I could use the old way with the mute switch on the phone with 1.1.4.

hmmmmm......... wouldn't really affect the phone since the 1st gen didn't get a signal enhancement with the new FW.
    2008-09-20 01:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD