I havent seen this in another thread.

Ive been looking for a way to increase ringer volume in my OTB 1.1.2 - 4.6, with no luck, but to pop speaker with a needle.

I found out that when changing system sounds in customize, the volume of the sound i choose is really loud, almost anoying. Also I cant turn it down, no matter if I decrease it, always sounds too loud.

So, I was wondering, since changing system sounds through customize app, maybe there could be a way of increasing ringer volumen using customize by adding a category in system sounds. Anyone?
    2008-01-20 07:32 AM
    im confused,
    so you stuck a needle in the speaker? and it wasnt loud enough, and now its too loud?
    "The glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time you fall."
    2008-01-20 09:43 AM
    i think he might mean something about how the app is previewing the sounds he picks ... in that case .. I have noticed myself that is ALOT louder then the other sounds on my phone haha ..
    2008-01-20 10:01 AM
    Yes. I followed the thread that states if you insert a needle in the speaker until you hear a pop, the volume increases by 30%, and it did.

And you are right, when previewing in system sounds its really loud, but also if you select one of those sounds in customize, they are really loud, no matter what volume you choose in the iphone.

What i was wondering, is, if it could be possible to do whatever they are doing to make those sounds in customize be so loud, to tweek the general volume of the phone, like the ringer perhaps, so we dont have to insert any needle, couse that was the only way i found as today, to raise the volume.
    2008-01-20 03:54 PM
    Needle does the trick !!! Louder and clear ! iPhone ringtone maker have an option to increase volume on your ringtones !!! But if you do it too much sounds become distorted ! Check it out ! Still don't work with 1.1.3 ! But makes a file in ringtone folder on the phone. So I'm pretty sure they will come out with a patch soon.
    2008-01-20 04:45 PM
    The SystemSoundMaximumVolume.plist in the Celestial framework sets the default volumes for system sounds. You need to edit that to change the volume of the ringer, lock sounds, keyboard clicks, etc.
    2008-01-20 05:34 PM
    The SystemSoundMaximumVolume.plist in the Celestial framework sets the default volumes for system sounds. You need to edit that to change the volume of the ringer, lock sounds, keyboard clicks, etc.
    can you specifiy which line we have to edit to increase ringer volume?
    and waht we have to write instead of the default config.
    thanks
    2008-01-21 11:49 AM
    Well i suggest u replace that file with original that aahandadr8 cab mail you
    2008-01-21 04:32 PM
    The Celestial Framework does nothing in FW 1.1.2. It worked in 1.1.1, but no change is noticeable in 1.1.2 so I would suggest not wasting your time.

Reako
    2008-01-21 06:58 PM
    I agree with Reako. Doesnt work with 1.1.2. only on 1.1.1

So anyone has figured aout how to manipulate ringer volume on 1.1.2?

Whoever made those system sound to work on customize so loud, must know how to turn up the volume on the ringer, im pretty sure.
    2008-01-22 06:16 AM
    I am really having trouble hearing my i phone 3 ring...I am totally remedial interms of the conversation above...HELP
    2010-12-05 11:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD