I am new to the world of digging into the iPhone and creating themes and such. As I am looking around at the different files that I can place in a winterboard theme and trying to get a look at the originals, it seems that the files are not viewable. I am assuming they are somehow encrypted. How can I view these files? In some cases i just want the original file to open, change some colors and replace via winterboard. i know i can take screenshots, but having the original file to work with would be much better. Thanks in advance.
    2008-08-20 03:05 AM
    You need to convert the .png files first to be able to see them. If your using Windows try to Goggle a program called 'iphonefixpng'.
    2008-08-20 04:46 AM
    I'm not using Windows, but from you info I got what I needed. Thanks alot!
    2008-08-20 05:34 AM
    on 2.o you no longer need the software, just SSH and using terminal type

mkdir /tmp/images
    cd /tmp/images
    /Applications/WinterBoard.app/UIImages

all of the artwork files, including keyboard, with their original names, will be extracted to the folder /tmp/images.

change the ones you want then put them inside your theme in a folder called UIImages.
    2008-08-20 11:30 AM
    if you want to change either the keyboard or other.artwork files download this file:
    iPhone Forums at ModMyI.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. - Downloads - 2.0 UIImages

there is a program called "FixPngDroplet.app", it works for macs an will convert any png into a readable file.
    2008-08-20 01:35 PM
    Thanks for the replies. I had already found the UIImages function of winterboard. There were some others that I wanted to get a look at. I found the fixpng download on this site, and that worked like a charm. I'll look into the "FixPngDroplet.app".
    2008-08-20 04:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD