Where do I go to change text in apps? Take mail for example... in the top bar the text Mailboxes appears and below it is a list of Inbox, Saved, Sent Items, Spam, VOICEMAIL. How can I modify that text?

I looked in /Applications/MobileMail.app/English.lproj/Main.strings thinking that I could just modify the text there but when I open that file with Word Pad it isn't something I can understand.

Maybe it's someplace else but I can't find it. I also looked in the MobileMail.app for a font (I think they end in .ttf or something) to see if I could change the font of that text but I don't see a font either. Where is this stuff filed?
    2007-09-06 07:57 AM
    Use this site to convert the strings file to one your computer can read, THEN open it and edit.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews
    2007-09-06 08:01 AM
    Thanks for the link.

I used that to open the Mail .strings file and found Mailboxes but not the others I mentioned. I changed Mailboxes to Greg's email but now how do I convert that back so I can put it back on the phone?
    2007-09-06 08:17 AM
    No need! Just save and upload... the iPhone reads them in .bin or .xml format just fine.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews
    2007-09-06 08:18 AM
    I had to change the properties because it was a read only file. Once I did that I was able to save the file with changes. However... I changed the string that said Mailboxes (cap M) to Greg's email and when I restarted the phone it said MAILBOXES (all caps.) I tried changing it to a few other things, even just Greg for short all with the same results. I just put a copy of the original file back in and it went back to Mailboxes (cap M only) like it originally had.

Anyway, I give up on that!
    2007-09-06 08:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD