User Tag List

hi guys,

this is an urgent call to people who can make changes to the firmware of the iphone:

I would need a custom firmware 2.2 for the iPhone 3G where a certain graphic needs to be replaced;

here is the graphic below:

Now, the GMAIL img either needs to be deleted or to be replaced with the GOOGLE Mail Logo

Is there anyone able to do this and create a custom firmware? A financial reward would also be possible! (please respond via private message)

PLEASE RESPOND A.S.A.P., it is really urgent!!!
    Last edited by Cokecan; 2008-12-13 at 08:16 PM.
    Freedom for all iPhones...
    2008-12-13 08:09 PM
    I would choose GMail after all other mail services but, WOW..??? Why you gotta delete it? lol. If you really wanna delete it or change it to blank icon or something:

System/Library/PreferenceBundles/AccountSettings/MobileMailSettings.bundle and if you can not see the images (using WinSCP or some...) gmail.png is the one that looks like GMAIL like you see on that screenshot, and the googlemail.png is the GOOGLEMAILBETA looking thingy... Hope it helped man... Now buy me Invisible Shield! ahaha jk
    2008-12-14 12:53 AM
    can i ask why?

B]The Myanmar government has blocked the Google search engine and its mail service Gmail, say Internet users here.

Users in the country have not been able to access the Google site for more than a week, reported the Mizzima News.

Those attempting to view either Google or Gmail are confronted with a message saying 'Access Denied'.

An official from Bagan Cybertech, the country's only Internet service provider, confirmed that both Google and gmail were inaccessible but declined to comment further.

In an effort to control the flow of information in and out of the country, the military government has banned several websites, including Yahoo and Hotmail.
    [/B]

nvm is this the reason
    Last edited by heath_rox; 2008-12-14 at 04:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "Its better to be a pirate than join the navy"Steve Jobs
    2008-12-14 04:23 AM
    can i ask why?
    Ask, and you shall be answered:

the German Internet company GMAIL (no, they are NOT Google)
    sues everyone in Germany right now, who sells iPhones (for $ 200.000)

Why? Because Apple has included the name GMAIL, which internationally belongs to Google, but in Germany belongs to GMAIL

THUS

GMAIL says using their name on the iPhone is against their copyright (appart from Apple, they have some shady deal with them )

SO

if one can remove the GMAIL logo and phrases saying "GMAIL" on the next page of the mail setup, one will not get sued by those greedy bastards

it is that simple...
    2008-12-14 11:40 AM
    oh lol. did it work on 2.2? it's messed up. I never knew GMail and Google were different companies.
    2008-12-14 06:57 PM
    I never knew GMail and Google were different companies.
    apparently only in Germany

I have changed most of parts where it says GMAIL to Google Mail now, just two points remain:

The title is still "Gmail" and in the E-Mail Part it still says "gmail.com" (see arrows in picture below); both need to be changed, too!

Any ideas where I can find the files to change that? Anyone?
    Last edited by Cokecan; 2008-12-15 at 03:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-12-15 03:13 PM
    How could you possibly be sued for owning an iPhone? YOU are not responsible for what is included in the firmware, Apple is. If you are, just countersuit for great justice
    2008-12-16 01:53 AM
    apparently only in Germany

I have changed most of parts where it says GMAIL to Google Mail now, just two points remain:

The title is still "Gmail" and in the E-Mail Part it still says "gmail.com" (see arrows in picture below); both need to be changed, too!

Again: Any ideas where I can find the files to change that? Anyone????
    2009-01-22 05:48 PM