hi, all

ive seen some ppl with absolutely no carrier logo (ie) ROGERS (in my case).

ive searched around everywhere, but the guides are all for adding logos. ive tried to delete the images for the rogers carrier icon in system/library/carrierbundles/ but even after deleting it, it will still shoe "Roge....."

so ugly, anyways id like to get some help plz and thx. im sure some of you all out there have this done already. please share.

Last edited by KnottyBoyJ; 2009-03-02 at 10:31 PM.
    2009-03-02 10:28 PM
    You can replace the carrier logos with 1 pixel wide transparent PNGs. I have a post somewhere with attached carrier logos. That way the Cell phone signal bars and the Wifi bars will be next to each other. Make sure it is 1 pixel wide or else it'll just be a large blank spot.

Edit:
    Found them and renamed them for use with Winterboard. If you don't use Winterboard, just extract and SSH these into /System/Library/Carrier Bundles/Rogers_ca.bundle
    Attached Files
    Last edited by NeoNightmareX; 2009-03-02 at 11:25 PM.
    If I helped you, then hit the "Thanks!" button please.

I can't find Cydia on app store
    2009-03-02 11:19 PM
    thanks, for the tip. so basically thats what everyone has been doing? could you be so kind as to provide a link to your image.

or is it in the download sections? thanks again!
    2009-03-02 11:24 PM
    I just put it in my last post, apparently you posted right as I edited my last post. :P

Edit:
    This if from my last post, it is an old preview of when I did it to my phone. I already renamed it from AT&T to Rogers, so you should be all set with it. The AT&T symbol is my cellular signal whereas the Apple is my Wifi symbol. Just use your imagination to see what it would look like on your phone.

"This is a preview of the Invisible Carrier Theme I made before.
    (The AT&T Symbol is my Cellular signal and the Apple is Wifi Signal)
    "
    Last edited by NeoNightmareX; 2009-03-02 at 11:29 PM.

2009-03-02 11:26 PM
    yea thanks! i found your post in the original thread. thanks again.

just wondering if i use your images as opposed to MIM, with just one space then set it, will the 3G be closer to the signal bars or the same distance as the image you have made.

that was worded odd. like the distance between the last signal bar and the 3G icon is pretty far still when i use "one space" in make it mine. but for your transparent image, will the 3G icon be right beside it?
    2009-03-02 11:58 PM
    You would have to try it out yourself, but the post above yours shows how it looks on my iPhone.

I think that there would be a distance between them, as in they won't be right next to each other, but I'm not sure why. It could be from the actual PNGs used to make the carrier/wifi signals or something like that.

Anyway try it out and see how it works out for you, it won't hurt.

2009-03-03 12:02 AM
    cool, ill give it a try. thanks again!
    2009-03-03 12:10 AM
    This worked great!!! Thanks so much! $%@#! Rogers! Is there anyway I can make the wi-fi/Edge/3G icons and signal strength bars disappear as well?
    2009-04-03 04:06 AM
    This worked great!!! Thanks so much! $%@#! Rogers! Is there anyway I can make the wi-fi/Edge/3G icons and signal strength bars disappear as well?
    Here you go, just hit the "Thanks!" button if this is satisfactory. I didn't test it out on my iPhone and I only have a 2G one so I guessed at the name for the 3G icons. Just SSH them into your Themes folder and use with Winterboard.
    Attached Files

2009-04-11 06:41 AM
    To hide your carrier logo, just download MakeItMine from Cydia, then open the app, and instead of writing something to replace the "Carrier" with, just press "Space" and then press carrier.

You then have no carrier logo
    Just another option for you
    2009-04-11 08:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD