hey guys, im new to this iphone thing

cant seem to know wut ur terms mean,,
    jailbroken?
    cydia?
    summerboard, winterboard, springboard?

all i know is,,i have the installer,,and i need to download some themes, ringtones, and applications and i want them free :P

so please can anyone help me out?
    2009-03-15 03:42 PM
    Jailbreaking
    The process of allowing read write access to the filesystem of iPhone, allowing for installation of third party native apps like Installer, Cydia and SummerBoard/winterboard. Tools used for jailbreaking include(d) XPwn, WinPwn, iLibertyX or iLiberty+, iPlus, iDemocracy 3.

Cydia
    Is an application like the appstore, but with all the unapproved apps that Apple wont put on the appstore.

winterdoard for 2.x and summerdoard for 1.1.x
    Is an application used for changing themes and the over all look of you iPhone/iTouch

Springboard
    is your iPhones/iTouchs gui, its whats changed with winterboard
    2009-03-15 03:48 PM
    thanks man,, but how do i get all those on my phone?
    and wut are the effects that might mess up my iphone? cuz mine is hacked, and it got locked,,i send it to this guy to fix and he upgraded it to 04.05.04_G and i dont even know wut that means, but he said its the latest,,
    2009-03-15 03:52 PM
    you need to jailbreak and get cydia on your iPhone. Everything is done with cydia. And I wouldn't use installer
    2009-03-15 03:54 PM
    hey

but how do i jailbreak?
    and how do i get cydia?

and y not installer?
    2009-03-15 03:58 PM
    Do you need to unlock it?
    2G or 3G iPhone?
    Installer is controlled by RipDev. Trust me it will only give you problems
    2009-03-15 04:01 PM
    iphone is unlocked , but hacked, so i cant upgrade it from itunes

and its 2g

and thanks about the heads up
    2009-03-15 04:05 PM
    you can upgrade it. search quickpwn for windows. I would goto2.1.1 unlocked and jailbroken... no worries you got a 2G
    2009-03-15 04:08 PM
    The best thing for you to do is Youtube it .... you'll find the video you can follow and on the right hand of the video it will you have the sites for you to download everything needed for you to jailbreak / unlock your iphone. cydia and installer will be on your phone
    2009-03-16 03:19 AM
    ^^^^

Just a bunch of preteens making Youtube videos.
    Check our guide section or use the search box, you'll find everything you need right here.
    2009-03-16 03:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD