This isn't an iphone file mod per say, but it is a file mod. I'm trying to find a way to enlarge the font in several pdf's (to make them more iphone friendly) and have been all over looking for this, and the closest I've gotten has been a guide that says acrobat 8 can do it, I downloaded 8.13 and the instructions don't work . Anyone know of a way to do this, it would make reading books on iphone a lot better.
    CDOS

CDOS.RUN

RUN.DOS.RUN
    2009-03-17 09:49 AM
    This isn't an iphone file mod per say, but it is a file mod. I'm trying to find a way to enlarge the font in several pdf's (to make them more iphone friendly) and have been all over looking for this, and the closest I've gotten has been a guide that says acrobat 8 can do it, I downloaded 8.13 and the instructions don't work . Anyone know of a way to do this, it would make reading books on iphone a lot better.
    I don't know of any mods, but I use an app called Stanza to read my books. It lets you change font size,color,the font itself, etc.

It is free and available in the appstore.
    2009-03-17 03:48 PM
    Wow, nice app. I hate the local transfer software though, when I get home I'm going to try to ssh my books into it. Have you tried that?
    CDOS

CDOS.RUN

RUN.DOS.RUN
    2009-03-17 08:37 PM
    Wow, nice app. I hate the local transfer software though, when I get home I'm going to try to ssh my books into it. Have you tried that?
    No, I haven't tried it yet. I have been caught up in reading all of the classic books I downloaded off of Feedbooks

Let me know if it works and maybe a quick How To if it does. Thanks!
    2009-03-17 08:54 PM
    I've been googling around and I've found a few unanswered posts on other forums asking the same question. I'm guessing it may be difficult . On the other hand, I plan to keep poking around until I'm completely sick of it, so I'll post if I find anything.

edit:
    Ssh into stanza doesn't work. I did get one of my books on there using their desktop app (I'm on linux that's why I was having difficulty) and it wrecked the formatting and didn't display any pictures (normal behavior?). Sigh. I've heard Good Reader is able to adjust fonts too, haven't seen much else about it though, not gonna cough up any money unless I'm sure.
    Last edited by vinsai; 2009-03-18 at 11:04 AM.
    CDOS

CDOS.RUN

RUN.DOS.RUN
    2009-03-17 10:32 PM
    I've been googling around and I've found a few unanswered posts on other forums asking the same question. I'm guessing it may be difficult . On the other hand, I plan to keep poking around until I'm completely sick of it, so I'll post if I find anything.

edit:
    Ssh into stanza doesn't work. I did get one of my books on there using their desktop app (I'm on linux that's why I was having difficulty) and it wrecked the formatting and didn't display any pictures (normal behavior?). Sigh. I've heard Good Reader is able to adjust fonts too, haven't seen much else about it though, not gonna cough up any money unless I'm sure.
    It seems there is another linux app called Calibre that you can use with Stanza as well. It is talked about here with instructions: Frequently Asked Questions | Lexcycle

Also, once Stanza is out of beta they will most likely charge for it.
    2009-03-19 11:59 AM
    Here is another tutorial using Stanza and Calibre:

[ame=http://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?p=391919#post391919]101: iPhone+Stanza+Calibre (the almost-perfect solution) - MobileRead Forums[/ame]
    2009-03-22 03:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
We have updated our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. Please check them out.