I recently had to uninstall iblacklist on my phone. How do I install it back onto my phone ? I went to Cydia but it doesn't give me the opion to install anymore.
    2009-03-31 02:59 AM
    What do you mean Cydia doesn't give you the option to install it?
    Steam ID: gentrytj
    Origin ID: gentrytj
    Gamertag: TJ McHoonigan
    PSN ID: TheWyzeMan
    Twitch.TV: TJ_McHoonigan
    2009-03-31 03:24 AM
    When I open Cydia it brings me to the Welcome to Cydia page, I touch the Feature Packages, I then touch iBlacklist from the list of apps, it does not give me the install button which is generally up in the upper right corner. It doesn't even give the product description. Just the app name, below that change package settings, below that package ID and section. Nothing else. I have had to uninstall apps before but I've been able reinstall as well. For some reason iBlacklist isn't giving me this opion.
    2009-04-01 04:38 PM
    There's not even a "Modify" button? That's weird.
    Steam ID: gentrytj
    Origin ID: gentrytj
    Gamertag: TJ McHoonigan
    PSN ID: TheWyzeMan
    Twitch.TV: TJ_McHoonigan
    2009-04-02 02:01 AM
    Check in the manager section to make sure its still not installed and everything went ok with the uninstall. I have some strange bugs like this before.
    2009-04-02 04:36 AM
    I have started up Cydia and gone to the Home Page. I then opened Featured Packages and iBlacklist is among the list to choose from. I then touch iBlacklist and the page comes up. On the page at the top right is the button - Featured- Below that is the icon for iBlacklist. Below that is Change Package Settings then below that is the Package Details like, ID and Section. There is no Modify button. When I unistalled iBlacklist that is how I uninstalled it.

When I use the Manage Option in Cydia, iBlacklist isn't even listed.

Could there still be something in the background ? I've also noticed, at one point I had BossPrefs icon on my phone. I uninstalled using cydia. Now that I want to reinstall it, it doesn't even give the option to install. I get the same page as iBlacklist.

Its like its not uninstalled all the way so I don't have the option to reinstall.

All other apps I installed then uninstalled give me the option to install again.
    Last edited by ZohanII; 2009-04-07 at 05:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-04-07 05:26 AM
    Does anyone have any ideas about why iBlacklist is not able to reinstall ?
    2009-04-20 07:12 PM
    I dunno but maybe u could try to use the search button and search for it, the homepage in cydia mighta glitched up. If that doesnt work connect ur iPhone using win scp or something and go to the very first foler whatever its called and from there into Applications and look for iBlacklist and delete it. Im not sure but i think that Cydia keeps a txt file somewhere that tells Cydia what is and what isnt installed, if you deleted iBlacklist from the Applications folder you should try to delete it from this list as well.
    Last edited by 0xsergy; 2009-04-23 at 12:57 AM.
    2009-04-23 12:54 AM
    Seems to me that if he's seeing the modify button the app was never removed. He can hit modify and remove or reinstall perhaps.
    2009-04-23 01:02 AM
    When I open Cydia it brings me to the Welcome to Cydia page, I touch the Feature Packages, I then touch iBlacklist from the list of apps, it does not give me the install button which is generally up in the upper right corner. It doesn't even give the product description. Just the app name, below that change package settings, below that package ID and section. Nothing else. I have had to uninstall apps before but I've been able reinstall as well. For some reason iBlacklist isn't giving me this opion.
    There's not even a "Modify" button? That's weird.
    Read will u, there is no modifiy button so i think that during the installation it didnt get totally installed and the file corrupted/messed up or something...
    2009-04-23 01:14 AM
    Thanks all for the advise. I don't get a Modify button. I'll try using WinSCP to see if I can find it. Its really weird, every other app that I've uninstalled, I'm able to install again.

How would I take a screenshot of the phone ? I could post the pic and y'all would know exactly what I'm talking about
    Last edited by ZohanII; 2009-04-25 at 03:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-04-25 03:23 AM
    press the lockbutton and home button at the same time quickly and release, it will flash white, then you have a screenshot in your DCIM pictures folder.

to address this.. i would SSH into your iphone and delete the iBlacklist.app from your Applications section, i'm thinking something was corrupt.

if you need more detail let me know
    2009-04-25 03:29 AM
    I've attached a screenshot of what I get when I try to reinstall iBlacklist.

Once again guys for all your help.

I'm not really sure how to use SSH.
    Attached Thumbnails iBlacklist-picture.png  
    2009-04-25 06:59 AM
    thumbnail doesnt work
    2009-04-25 07:04 AM
    U can't see the image?
    2009-04-25 07:12 AM
    U can't see the image?
    nope
    2009-04-25 07:18 AM
    Figures something so easy

Last edited by ZohanII; 2009-04-25 at 07:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-04-25 07:41 AM
    yeah it really looks like something is corrupt.

download a program called iPhoneBrowser.. it's for windows (asuming you have windows)

make sure your phone is plugged in via usb
    there is a list of folders on the left side, click the + next to Applications

scroll down till you see iBlacklist.app
    right click the folder of iBlacklist.app, and delete it.

click the - to close the Applications submenu, then go to Library, then Frameworks, and right click on iBlacklist.framework and delete it.

those are the main iBlacklist folders.
    sorry if that seems a bit complicated, just ask if you need something explained more.

if that doesn't work. i'd try restoring.. it's a btch.. but meh. maybe it would work, or restoring from a clean phone? that's always nice.
    2009-04-25 03:46 PM
    Thanks eatjello,

I downloaded iphonebrower and looked for those files but couldn't find them. I found nothing indicating iBlacklist at all. Dangit

Does the iphone have hidden files like windows does ?
    Last edited by ZohanII; 2009-04-25 at 05:53 PM.
    2009-04-25 05:40 PM
    Thanks eatjello,

I downloaded iphonebrower and looked for those files but couldn't find them. I found nothing indicating iBlacklist at all. Dangit

Does the iphone have hidden files like windows does ?
    if you followed the instructions right, and as you say, you cant see ANY iBlacklist.app in your phone.. it might be cydia, i suggest a re jailbreak.
    2009-04-25 05:59 PM
21 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD