hi everyone,

im running a 2G JB 2.2 iphone and my phone wont save contact pictures. what i mean is, i can save them as normal, but when i exit and go back into contacts, its like i never did anything. ideas?
    2009-05-16 05:24 PM
    Are there any contact pictures at all (which you had saved before this problem started)? Or do you never see any at all after starting Contacts?
    Windows tool to edit .plist, .strings and .nib files: pledit.
    Or use a website that will convert the binary form to a readable format.
    On iPhone you can convert those files in a terminal with plutil (installed with Erica Utilities from Cydia), or edit them with iFile (from Cydia).
    2009-05-21 06:41 PM
    Try to edit a contact, click edit, click on the pic, choose 'Choose existing photo.' Let us know if that works. If not try to delete the photo from within the contact and readding.
    2009-05-21 07:47 PM
    hi guys, thanks for responding.

the contact pics did work at one point, but i dont remember what i did that made it stop working. i have suspected contact flow but have since uninstalled it.

ive tried both ways of setting the pic. by way of camera and also of choosing existing photo; didnt work. delete and re-add also didnt work.

i've replaced my addressbookimages.sqlitedb file with the one i backed up from when i last restored this bad boy. pics loaded when i first opened the address book. when i exited and went back, the pics were gone.

???
    2009-05-22 10:33 PM
    Go into your var/library/media/dcim and del that folder then respring
    2009-05-23 12:25 AM
    i dont have that path. do you mean?
    \\\T-PoT\private\var\mobile\Media\DCIM\

that is my camera roll right? just want to confirm before i pull the trigger.
    2009-05-26 07:25 AM
    It could also be a permission's error. See if you can add a new contact. If you can, then ignore this post, but if you cannot, then that could help us figure out what the problem could be.
    If I helped you, then hit the "Thanks!" button please.

I can't find Cydia on app store
    2009-05-29 08:23 PM
    tried adding a new contact with a photo and that worked fine. closed contacts and reopened and the contact was still there...sans contact pic.

i also deleted my DCIM folder. that didnt do anytihng but clear my camera roll. which i backed up [thank god!]
    2009-05-29 08:57 PM
    was playing around with SBSettings and came across this thing that fixes permissions. it says to do it if the phone is doing strange things. i thought my problem was strange so i did it. whaddaya know...it works now! thanks to Neo for pointing me in the right direction.
    2009-05-31 07:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD