What's their email address?
    2009-09-22 12:19 AM
    Thatskanyon i will send the iphone video recorder people an email and see if they would know what to do its actually quite a good idea. I should be able to do that in the next few days.

Oliver.
    Don't forget to hit the Thanks button lol!

Don't forget to hit the Thanks button lol!

Yeah, I'm a geek... so what?! lol
    Last edited by Thatskanyon; 2009-09-22 at 12:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-09-22 12:24 AM
    @rebman their address should be under a contact us section on thier site www.iphonevideorecorder.com

Oliver

Update:- Found it -- [email protected]

its only a support one though don't know if they would be interested or would even reply ??
    Last edited by OLIVERJONES; 2009-09-22 at 12:51 AM.
    2009-09-22 12:49 AM
    its worth a try couse they alredy now what files the camara uses to record vidoe so maby we need that, they can help us anf if not lets contact surik, maby throught twitter, and he can help us like he did with cycorder, and since iphonevideorecorder is a commerical app i dont think hes gonna want to realease any files abou tit so cycorder saurik would be our best option
    2009-09-22 04:27 AM
    wouldent it be possible snice the toggle is just to switch btween apps it make it switch to cyrecorder or what ever it is caleed but change cyrecorder look to the one of the iphone 3gs video recroder?
    sorry for spelling mistakes
    It's Cycorder and that has been brung up. But right now we are aiming for native video recording. I'm pretty sure if this comes up as not possible then that will be the next idea. Editing the native app to switch between photo and cycorder in the same steps.

But getting native video recording would be a lot better. No load time when toggling and stuff like that.

And yes if this impossible editing the camera app with toggle to go to cycorder will work. Its like the same thing as a app redirecting to safari. I'm pretty sure that we can redirect to cycorder.

its worth a try couse they alredy now what files the camara uses to record vidoe so maby we need that, they can help us anf if not lets contact surik, maby throught twitter, and he can help us like he did with cycorder, and since iphonevideorecorder is a commerical app i dont think hes gonna want to realease any files abou tit so cycorder saurik would be our best option
    Yeah it'd prob be better to contact saurik, but realize the guy is a very busy person. He's working on tons of new stuff for us and if you don't get help from him right away don't get mad. After all he is the most popular person in the jailbreak world right?!
    Last edited by slidingmike; 2009-09-22 at 02:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-09-22 02:22 PM
    Did anyone contact Saurik or the videorecorder dudes??
    2009-09-22 06:17 PM
    by the way Qik support video recording in iPhone 3G as well(in the latest version), so you people may take a look on it too. Follow these steps to locate Qik in Cydia: Select Sections >> Multimedia >> Qik >> Install.
    In application details, as you can see current version of Qik is 0.4.02
    I tried out qik but i dont understand how to view the videos or move them to the photos.app,
    Does anybody know
    2009-09-22 09:51 PM
    I tried out qik but i dont understand how to view the videos or move them to the photos.app,
    Does anybody know
    I have Qik too... not really the app for saving vids.. for now just download 3gvideorecorder and video mover toggle and ur set until they breakthrough on the Native video recorder. And all the video mover does is move vids from iphone video recorder.. not cycorder.. and from the iphonevideo recorder, you have to convert the vids to MP4 in order for videomover to work. As soon as you move the vids with videomover toggle, yes you can take video again and pictures.. doesnt really touch the camera.

All Qik does is stream video from the 3G.. I know what u mean when u tried to edit the vids.. I even checked to see if I could move the video files from Qik to the photo.app with iFile.. but nope... the video files are .qmf files or something, and you cant rename them.

Hope you enjoy reading the novel I wrote for ya lol
    2009-09-22 10:46 PM
    I have Qik too... not really the app for saving vids.. for now just download 3gvideorecorder and video mover toggle and ur set until they breakthrough on the Native video recorder. And all the video mover does is move vids from iphone video recorder.. not cycorder.. and from the iphonevideo recorder, you have to convert the vids to MP4 in order for videomover to work. As soon as you move the vids with videomover toggle, yes you can take video again and pictures.. doesnt really touch the camera.

All Qik does is stream video from the 3G.. I know what u mean when u tried to edit the vids.. I even checked to see if I could move the video files from Qik to the photo.app with iFile.. but nope... the video files are .qmf files or something, and you cant rename them.

Hope you enjoy reading the novel I wrote for ya lol
    It works in cycorder..
    besides.. cycorder is better. HIgher quality and its free!
    2009-09-22 10:52 PM
    Qik does stream live but it also gives you the option to post them on youtube facebook or some other place which is what some people are wanting to do. post to youtube with it.

I do however believe that if we can contact devs at qik, video recorder saurik and some devs here this could happen. It seems that each one of these apps solve our problem a different way. right?
    Last edited by slidingmike; 2009-09-22 at 11:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-09-22 11:01 PM
    It works in cycorder..
    besides.. cycorder is better. HIgher quality and its free!
    How is Cycorder better? Personal preference I guess. You can also get iphonevideorecorder for free.. the registration code is plastered all over the internet and from iphonevideorecorder, you can upload to youtube, your PC.. whatever.

Cycorder is pretty good dont get me wrong.. but I find iphonevideorecorder better.. in my opinion.

I do however believe that if we can contact devs at qik, video recorder saurik and some devs here this could happen. It seems that each one of these apps solve our problem a different way. right?
    lol true...we need 2 or 3 different apps to do what the 3GS can do
    Last edited by Thatskanyon; 2009-09-22 at 11:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-09-22 11:05 PM
    But yeah think about it though, If we they have accomplish works then why can't this work? Devs around here can do it and most have worked on this but if we join efforts MMI will be huge and Apple will have to be amazed lol. But anyways, it was said before this wasn't possible because it was a hardware issue. Even if its a hardware issue of the simple fact its only taking pictures really fast, explain what the problem is with that? Just substitute that in for actually recording video.
    2009-09-22 11:09 PM
    Yeah, well.. we all know why Apple didnt implement video recording on 3G... money. This company is very smart if you think about it. They give us small, almost microscopic updates to their hardware and software to keep us wanting more.. when other phones have had this stuff for years.. like video for example. They will never add video to the 3G because, Apple is not known for revamping old hardware.. they just take the old hardware and and new stuff to it and sell it as a more advanced unit.

I have complete faith in the leaders of this project. It can definatley be done.. obviously it will be more of a degraded 3GS type still and video camera app.. but hey.. at least we know that these guys will bring us the best possible native video recorder.. and you know what? Thats more than enough for me.
    2009-09-22 11:23 PM
    Thats true and i agree completely but the simple fact that doing this is going to prove that apple is just the guy who made the phone. We put it together and did everything to it. Which leads me to the reason i've fell for mmi. You got devs here, members who can help, members who know how to fix hardware issues and enjoy doing it. its amazing the type of stuff that goes on here and the simple fact that doing this will earn huge publicity, but enough small talk, they made chitchat for that. Good luck to the devs i'm here to do something not sure what i can do.
    2009-09-22 11:29 PM
    Not much of an Update 2 me...but when we were previously saying that it revolves around the 3 plists is false...since i changed the N82 to act like a N88 and have all the "3GS" features in the N82..and the M68 including that plist so it acts as if their is the N88 in there....

Like I said not much of an update...but to those who are just curious
    2009-09-22 11:48 PM
    lets use cycorder, its free so we wont have any legal resons of taking his stuff and cycorder is better quality
    2009-09-22 11:53 PM
    Doesn't matter about the legal stuff, Still need to ask him if we can point blank.
    2009-09-22 11:55 PM
    Sorry, for those of us who are not good at stuff like this... what does that mean?... You got the 3GS's features on the 3G but not the camera right??
    2009-09-23 12:43 AM
    it means i have the 3GS features showing in the settings..and the switch showing in the camera 2...but the camera is not functioning (and the stuff in the settings is empty)
    Accessibility...though diff from this thread..should work yet it might be tough bcuz that and voice-control is cpu-intensive...now video-recording...thats merely software modding (as hw wise saurik proved it can record)..vrecording is possible, though not sure how long this would take *yet*
    2009-09-23 03:24 AM
    it means i have the 3GS features showing in the settings..and the switch showing in the camera 2...but the camera is not functioning (and the stuff in the settings is empty)
    Accessibility...though diff from this thread..should work yet it might be tough bcuz that and voice-control is cpu-intensive...now video-recording...thats merely software modding (as hw wise saurik proved it can record)..vrecording is possible, though not sure how long this would take *yet*
    can you package the files with instructions?
    2009-09-23 04:43 AM
1,517 ... 36444546474856 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD