Don't give up! This is possible to do. Has Saurik got back to anyone? or the iphonvideorecorder team???

Well, I hope this project works out! I wanna see a native video app on the 3G!

this BETTER get approved!
    Sorry dude, I dont think it will.

There have been so many video recording apps sent to Apple.. and they all got canned.

I put the link up because , I thought everyone could use a laugh.
    Apple just doesnt want video recording on the 3G... they would lose money on the 3GS. Might not lose a lot of money, cuz the 3GS has better quality video.. but still... they wont risk it.

No we would give up if we had not gotten the shutter completely working. We just need to find out why the screen is blackened.. And see if we can improve the quality of video. 3.2 beta is releasing soon and it may have 3G video so we will see what happens on that front..
    wtf? 3.2 already?!

Apple sends out updates faster than Steve Jobs can change his underwear!
    lol
    Last edited by Thatskanyon; 2009-09-24 at 02:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-09-24 02:57 PM
    yeah that video app isn't going to get approved. Its been said before that apple won't update other devices they always make another device with that feature you want because they know you'll go out and get it. You buy a device, new one comes out, they make more money because most people are impulsive buyers and will go out and get that new phone. Speaking of so though, My area walmarts and area apple stores have not recieved one 3GS
    2009-09-24 03:27 PM
    hello boys, whats the good word?

any news??
    2009-09-25 03:50 PM
    It would be cool just to actually test this vidcam app out though, if it's better than cycorder/iphonerecorder I would like to get it. Hopefully they get rejected and then it comes to cydia.
    2009-09-26 11:05 PM
    yeah same
    2009-09-27 10:38 PM
    I'm going to be honost with you surfingboy, do you really have to constantly post back and forth when anyone says anything on this forum! We know you want this as much as anyone else, but unless you know how to do it, please stop commenting everytime someone else makes a comment! And I don't want to be mean, but all this randomness is taking up 63 pages and maybe about 10 pages is actually about video recording! Sorry, that post was off topic!

Also, about the subject:
    Apple must have included some of the video recording files in the 3g, because when you do add that one part of the file to the plist, it gives you the video recording option and the editing, so what we need to do is find where the directory is that when you add that one line to the plist and it enables the editing and video symbol! What I mean is that when you add that line, it tells the iphone to get files from somewhere on the iphone and then run them! We need to find the files that are already in the iphone because you know that just adding that one line of code to the iphone wouldnt in anyones right mind enable video editing and the switch for video recording!
    2009-09-27 11:53 PM
    sorry to tell you guys that is impossible... the iphone 3g is a photocamera...the 3gs is a videocamera...and the difference is great..
    the photocamera send a preview of what he see to allow you to do a photo...cycorder records the preview... the videocamera not send only a preview... but a full stream of video data....the method to record video in 3g is different than the 3gs video...because the method with 3g is only a trick to let record videos from 3g..
    the best thing we can do is wait that someone release a new app with the official app style...that saves it in the camera roll
    2009-09-28 02:01 PM
    IF this is true then I am either getting a new phone or at least a new camera part...
    2009-09-28 08:45 PM
    sorry to tell you guys that is impossible... the iphone 3g is a photocamera...the 3gs is a videocamera...and the difference is great..
    the photocamera send a preview of what he see to allow you to do a photo...cycorder records the preview... the videocamera not send only a preview... but a full stream of video data....the method to record video in 3g is different than the 3gs video...because the method with 3g is only a trick to let record videos from 3g..
    the best thing we can do is wait that someone release a new app with the official app style...that saves it in the camera roll
    wow phate you obviously have NO IDEA what your talking about. All i will say is that YOUR WRONG about the whole photo camera/video camera thing. shame on anyone who even BELIEVES what he just said. if you truly believe him i have i bridge i would like to sell you About it being possible, im not sure. I believe it is. we will see
    2009-09-28 09:28 PM
    wow phate you obviously have NO IDEA what your talking about. All i will say is that YOUR WRONG about the whole photo camera/video camera thing. shame on anyone who even BELIEVES what he just said. if you truly believe him i have i bridge i would like to sell you About it being possible, im not sure. I believe it is. we will see
    i agrre with you ragnorok, this dued have no idea what hes talking about, it can be possilbe, look at cyrcorder and all of them, they did it didnt they, the FPM might not be great or near as good as the iphone 3gs but we it IS possible to get it on the iphone, and that ryanandkevin dude, whos username is probably you and your boyfreind, you said i posted to many times, do you know why, couse i actualy contribute to this thread, i ask question, ask macfan406, i have actually helped on modding the vacolia app so it looks like the native one , i have actually been here the whole way `not like you som ignorant who just feeds of everyone else, and when everyone else has spent all their time on it you just come and take it so i suggest you shut up and think abotu what you say next time ok
    Last edited by surfingboy111793; 2009-09-28 at 11:28 PM.
    2009-09-28 11:25 PM
    Offtopic: Every digital camera is capable of shooting video, some on low resolution and framerate others on high - this depends on the hardware. Video format and encoding depends all on software.

One question for phate89, How does Cycorder and IphoneVideoRecorder record video and sound in one file when you state the camera is not capable of doing it ?

Ontopic:
    I want to post the workaround i use on my 3G (custom 3.1 firmware jailbroken)

First download the archive from here or here and extract it to a folder on your PC

Add to cydia the xsellize repo and install iPhone video recorder from there.

Now with the help of WinSCP SSH your iPhone and go to the file “var/stash/mobile/applications.xxxxx/” (on the place of X-es there may be any symbol or even not even one symbol) and copy the file there iphonevideorecorder3.app from the "3GS video recorder skin" folder while overwrite every duplicate file on the phone (... in the window that appears click "Yes To All "). Respring and Theme should work

First Take even one picture which you may delete after the whole operation. Now SSH to your iphone, go to “private/var/mobile/Media/” and delete the folder "iPhoneVideoRecorder" , then right click and select New then select Link fill in the fields like the ScreenShot (for link/shortcut file type iPhoneVideoRecorder , for point link/shortcut to type “private/var/mobile/Media/DCIM/100APPLE/” ) and click to OK. Copy the contents from the folder “for 100APPLE” to “private/var/mobile/Media/DCIM/100APPLE/” from the extracted archive, you downloaded in the beginning.

After that when you record video convert it to MP4 for better frame rate and quality and necessary to rename it from within the program to something like that: "IMG_XXXX", this way the photos application will recognize the video and make thumbnail for it – on the place of X there can be any number except all zeroes.

This way IphoneVideoRecorder will record to 100APPLE folder, and the Photos application will recoglise the video, so when you open it you can edit it (on firmware 3.1 only)
    Part of this tutorial was taken from iPhone 3GS – iPhone 3G – iPhone – iPod Touch | iPhone Hellas, translated and edited by me.

Sorry if I have any typos or punctual errors - english is not my first language ...
    2009-09-28 11:56 PM
    what phate is saying is that CyCorder and iPhone Video Recorder are recording the preview of what you are taking a picture of in the camera app. (When you open up the Camera app, there is a live feed from the camera.) In a sense I think he is saying that this is where the video comes from when video recording on the 3g with Cycorder and iPhone Video recorder which actually sounds like it can very well be right. With the 3GS, there is an actual video camera in it, therefore its using a different method of recording video. And THATS why the shutter doesnt open when you turn on video recording on the 3g with 3gs software. Because the hardware isn't there to do it. (Not to mention that the resolution and FPS that the video camera is trying to record is not possible with the 3g camera.) the iPhone 3g is not capable of video recording cause it doesn't have the hardware. Apple has said this themselves, and i dont think they are lying. I just think that Cycorder and iPhone video recorder have found workarounds for the problem.

Don't be so quick to bash someone. Especially if you don't know what your talking about. Im not sure what i am talking about myself, i am just speculating. However, I dont really think that you guys that are bashing Phate know what you are talking about either. If any of you were capable of reading, then you would see that Phate's explanation of how cycorder and iphone video recorder works is actually very reasonable and seems like it makes sense. @Surfingboy, you shut up and think about what you say next time. Not only was that not needed, but it was rude.

I think the people working on this should go back to the idea of collaborating with the creators of iPhone Video Recorder or Cycorder, because im sorry, but im pretty sure that getting the 3g to record with the 3gs's software is a complete dead-end. But hey, i could be wrong. Who knows.
    Last edited by H0rn3t920; 2009-09-29 at 01:06 AM.
    2009-09-29 12:42 AM
    where do you get the iphone videorecorder toggle to move videos from there into the camera roll? and are they able to be deleted from within camera roll?

one more thing...the legit newest version of videorecorder on cydia...whats the activation code for that? the xsellize one is out of date and isnt as new as the paid version. $19.99 for a camera app = LOLZ!
    2009-09-29 12:57 AM
    to let the ppl know...the reason actually for the iris itself is simply the coding within the binary...its not as ez as just removing that coding so that it wouldnt bother loading up the shutter animation cuz that would cause the app to crash...the coding is exactly sread out and need to change the shutter animation around and such....look at cycorder-their is no shutter animation at all it simply just goes straight to the camera feed.....

In Layman's term: The shutter/iris animation is simply software...nothing more.Period.
    2009-09-29 02:24 AM
    where do you get the iphone videorecorder toggle to move videos from there into the camera roll? and are they able to be deleted from within camera roll?

one more thing...the legit newest version of videorecorder on cydia...whats the activation code for that? the xsellize one is out of date and isnt as new as the paid version. $19.99 for a camera app = LOLZ!
    Just giving you a heads up there is no discussion of warez on modmyi. I am not a moderator but just letting you know.
    We ain't found s-h-i-t!
    2009-09-29 03:03 AM
    Sorry folks have been away on business but back and have a day of work tomorrow and am going to work on this. There seems to be a lot of tension around on this forum. Well what people have been saying about the video not being compatible with the 3g camera, but correct me if I am wrong all video is lots and lots of pictures put together and compressed and joins them with the sound in a single file (not an expert on this lol) but Mkblade removed the shutter and the screen was black maybe cause the camera app is asking for a bigger res and fps than the camera is capible of if there is a calibration file maybe it could be calibrated.

About the videorecorder3g and cycorder post taking previews I think what they are trying to say is like opening a webcam on a pc while running a screen recorder for that screen but then why is the res on the iPhonevideorecorder less than the camera app (even than the preview) ??

And a little off topic but I am still on iPhone OS 3.0 and want to upgrade to OS 3.1 but I don't want to update my 3g unless I can tether. Does anyone here know if there is a tethering hack for iPhone OS 3.1 on o2_uk ?? Does anyone know this ^^ as I reely want 3.1 to carry on that upload to the DCIM
    directory to look at the plists, Thanks in advance and Good luck.

Oliver.

P.S. What would happen if we could use the cycorder and videorecorderfor3g video recording on the native camera app ??
    2009-09-29 03:05 AM
    Sorry folks have been away on business but back and have a day of work tomorrow and am going to work on this. There seems to be a lot of tension around on this forum. Well what people have been saying about the video not being compatible with the 3g camera, but correct me if I am wrong all video is lots and lots of pictures put together and compressed and joins them with the sound in a single file (not an expert on this lol) but Mkblade removed the shutter and the screen was black maybe cause the camera app is asking for a bigger res and fps than the camera is capible of if there is a calibration file maybe it could be calibrated.

About the videorecorder3g and cycorder post taking previews I think what they are trying to say is like opening a webcam on a pc while running a screen recorder for that screen but then why is the res on the iPhonevideorecorder less than the camera app (even than the preview) ??

And a little off topic but I am still on iPhone OS 3.0 and want to upgrade to OS 3.1 but I don't want to update my 3g unless I can tether. Does anyone here know if there is a tethering hack for iPhone OS 3.1 on o2_uk ?? Does anyone know this ^^ as I reely want 3.1 to carry on that upload to the DCIM
    directory to look at the plists, Thanks in advance and Good luck.

Oliver.

P.S. What would happen if we could use the cycorder and videorecorderfor3g video recording on the native camera app ??
    Im no coder or anything but im going to say that you will need to use the cycorder code to get video recording on the native app.

Again, ill explain my logic for this. The 3Gs uses a newer sophisticated camera than the one in the 3G. It has higher resolution, better fps, yada yada yada. The camera in the 3GS was built to support video recording. And i believe that the camera that is in the 3g is not built to support video recording. Even though it can very well record video, it is recorded in a completely different way than it is on the 3Gs. Cycorder just turns on the camera, and records the live feed that is coming from the camera, the SAME live feed that comes from the camera when you are trying to take a picture in the camera app. I am thinking that with all apps that record video on the 3g, the live feed is in no way enhanced because it can not be enhanced because the 3g's camera is not meant for video recording in the first place.
    HOWEVER, on the 3GS, video recording is enhanced, and it is different than taking a picture. I know its using different software from the camera, but idk if its changing the hardware configurations or anything (ex. autofocus?,etc.) but my guess is it is. And this is why I believe that using the code from the 3GS to enable video will not work. Because the software is looking for a feature that does not exist on the 3g. The camera is trying to activate a feature that it doesn't have. But as i said before, Cycorder and iPhone video recorder have used the workaround of taking the live feed out of the camera app, then recording sound on top of that for a more than adequate video recording application.
    2009-09-29 03:50 AM
    Just bought a 3GS... still really interested in this project for 3G.. still have my 3G, so .. yeah.. woohooo!
    2009-09-29 03:52 AM
    Just bought a 3GS... still really interested in this project for 3G.. still have my 3G, so .. yeah.. woohooo!
    lucky.. i can't get a 3GS because my dad wont pay the extra $200 for it ... :<
    2009-09-29 03:59 AM
    Just giving you a heads up there is no discussion of warez on modmyi. I am not a moderator but just letting you know.

what are you talking about? i have no clue what you just meant lol...who/what is warez? either im a total n00b to this forum (which i am and dont know the lingo/good/bad things to say), or i'm just stupid lol. enlighten me please
    2009-09-29 08:21 AM
1,517 ... 38464748495058 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD