Ooo do tell....
    Very nice! If you get it to work please hand it out immediately!!
    2009-11-08 12:43 AM
    So I have gone through a couple files, editing and such and I turned off and turned back on my iphone, a couple seconds later the loading screen that normally appears when you restore your iphone loaded up and then the iphone fully booted, but now my iphone is going really slow and I can't even get past the slide to unlock, it sounds weird, but I think I am on to something!

Ok, I got passed the slide to unlock but as soon as I get in there, it goes back to the slide to unlock again!

Ok, I got it to where it could see the home screen but now it goes back to the slide to unlock

the file that needs changing i think is restrictions.plist in the preferences.app because as soon as I add it to the 3g, it changes back to the 3g's original file and it doesn't stay the 3gs files! This file also contains video recording information, hint hint, apple did this on purpose if you know what I mean
    Last edited by ryanandkevin; 2009-11-08 at 02:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-11-08 02:07 AM
    I don't see why they think the 3G can't record videos. It's got a decent 2mp camera. I know they want to sell more 3GSs but video is a basic feature the worst dumb/cameraphone can do. They would sell more of the 3G this way. Also they can enable the feature and charge us for it like an iPod touch firmware upgrade. I would definitely buy it and so would several others I know.
    Anyways to enabling the native functionality... I think you're on to something ryanandkevin cause that would mean it thinks it needs more power to operate the functionality but it is underwhelmed by 288MHz and 128Mb RAM not much of a difference but then again I'm not an iPhone... but anyways yeah try some other things. But it will take everyone to get it done. Let's work together to get this working! We are so close!!

I don't see why they think the 3G can't record videos. It's got a decent 2mp camera. I know they want to sell more 3GSs but video is a basic feature the worst dumb/cameraphone can do. They would sell more of the 3G this way. Also they can enable the feature and charge us for it like an iPod touch firmware upgrade. I would definitely buy it and so would several others I know.
    Anyways to enabling the native functionality... I think you're on to something ryanandkevin cause that would mean it thinks it needs more power to operate the functionality but it is underwhelmed by 288MHz and 128Mb RAM not much of a difference but then again I'm not an iPhone... but anyways yeah try some other things. But it will take everyone to get it done. Let's work together to get this working! We are so close!!
    Last edited by macfan406; 2009-11-08 at 03:33 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-11-08 03:33 AM
    try renaming N88 to M68. i would but i dont have the decrypted firmware for the 3gs
    It wont work if you rename N88 to M68 because AVCapture.plist in the N88 has the framerate, still camera resolution, video camera resolution & many more things of the 3GS. It wont work till we edit it to work on the 2G/3G.

It also has a key 'VideoMaxPixelsPerFrame'. The value for the 3GS is 76800. I dont know what it is for the 2G/3G.

There is also a software on windows called Transmac for viewing HFS/HFS+/HFSX volumes intended for viewing the iMac filesystem.
    What I realised is that it can also open iphone/ipod firmware files. You have to open a pwned ipsw file with wirar & extract the largest dmg (the one that contains the main files). Once it is extracted, it can be opened with TransMac. Unfortunately TransMac is not free . It comes with a 15 day free trial. I extraced the 3GS files to my PC before the trial expired

Good Luck Guys !!!!
    Last edited by psycho1191; 2009-11-08 at 07:42 AM.
    2009-11-08 07:33 AM
    So I have gone through a couple files, editing and such and I turned off and turned back on my iphone, a couple seconds later the loading screen that normally appears when you restore your iphone loaded up and then the iphone fully booted, but now my iphone is going really slow and I can't even get past the slide to unlock, it sounds weird, but I think I am on to something!

Ok, I got passed the slide to unlock but as soon as I get in there, it goes back to the slide to unlock again!

Ok, I got it to where it could see the home screen but now it goes back to the slide to unlock

the file that needs changing i think is restrictions.plist in the preferences.app because as soon as I add it to the 3g, it changes back to the 3g's original file and it doesn't stay the 3gs files! This file also contains video recording information, hint hint, apple did this on purpose if you know what I mean

ryanandkevin if its runny that slow try installing sbsettings to see how much ram you have left etc as your iphone maybe successfully running 3gs binaries and processes etc. and that would slow it down. perhaps removing items like voice control, accessibility from the restriction plists may speed it up again but i am not sure. Sounds like we are getting very close to getting it

Also yesterday i tried to get nike + ipod working on the 3g and spent a few hours on it hoping we could use a similar method to unlock video recording, i was unsuccessful as it never showed up on the pages of apps. BUT today i found these things from below,- it registered as an app on sbsettings when it enumbercated to hide apps. and nike + ipod showed up in the settings settings but it was empty (screen clips below). :-

^In setiings

^nothing displayed when opened

^shows up in sbsettings when you go to hide apps (it enumbercates the apps before)

Does anyone know why this would be ??? maybe bad singing process even though oi did that ? files are missing or it just doesn't work ??? Just a quick question doesn't really matter that much though.

Oliver.
    2009-11-08 12:05 PM
    Also yesterday i tried to get nike + ipod working on the 3g and spent a few hours on it hoping we could use a similar method to unlock video recording, i was unsuccessful as it never showed up on the pages of apps. BUT today i found these things from below,- it registered as an app on sbsettings when it enumbercated to hide apps. and nike + ipod showed up in the settings settings but it was empty (screen clips below). :-

^In setiings

^nothing displayed when opened

^shows up in sbsettings when you go to hide apps (it enumbercates the apps before)

Does anyone know why this would be ??? maybe bad singing process even though oi did that ? files are missing or it just doesn't work ??? Just a quick question doesn't really matter that much though.

Oliver.
    Did you put the VictoriaSettings.bundle in the PreferenceBundles folder ??? If you did, did you set the permissions of the executable to 755 ???

I got the nike ipod files from the ipod touch 2G firmware. They worked fine on my iPhone 2G.
    2009-11-08 12:22 PM
    Thanks psycho1191 i am working on it now, and i didn't put the victoria setting in there but put something else i will let you know how i get on.

Many Thanks,

Oliver.
    2009-11-08 12:46 PM
    Hey guys!

I am following this since the beginning but, just about 5 minutes ago I read that Geomazo got the shutter to open!!
    He sais he's publishing it at iPhoneHacks.

Now I can't read Italian, but this is what Google Translate got me:

ATO that I have a 3G or Edge at hand, the video is doing DjBeppee @
    8 minutes ago from Tweetie
    @ steveMBita not yet, we are very close. But the shutter opens ^ __ ^
    11 minutes ago from Tweetie in reply to steveMBita
    incoming video on iphonehacks.it ;-)
    2 minutes ago from Tweetie
    you go to the video recording native ^ __ ^
    17 minutes ago from Tweetie
    IMPORTANT UPDATE: @ @ geomazo and DjBeppe have opened the shutter of the camera! (via @ iphonehacksit)
    27 minutes ago from Tweetie
    @ gioga23 you I indicated a path and files
    40 minutes ago from Tweetie in reply to gioga23
    @ DjBeppee thanks to me: D

Twitter page of Geomazo, to see for yourself's: https://twitter.com/geomazo
    I think we are lucky today!

,Silfer
    Last edited by silfer; 2009-11-08 at 01:08 PM.
    2009-11-08 12:55 PM
    good news! not only has geomazo opened the shutter, but he also found the folder that contains the files to record video!! He said if all goes well the blackra1nb0w beta testers could be shooting videos tonight!
    2009-11-08 02:15 PM
    Macfan406 you are also a Beta tester,aren't u!?
    2009-11-08 02:20 PM
    Yes I am. He also said this to me on skype about the topic...

the funny thing is that apple has already ported everything and the missing files are just 3 plists
    HAHAHAH thanks for making it easy Apple
    2009-11-08 02:31 PM
    Where can I find the 3GS 3.1.2 Filesystem?

Yes I am. He also said this to me on skype about the topic...

HAHAHAH thanks for making it easy Apple
    Maybe it is also simple to do that with Voice Control?
    Last edited by branco145; 2009-11-08 at 02:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-11-08 02:38 PM
    In my opinion apple want to port Vid Cam and VC etc, on iPhone 3G....but can't do it because he have to sell the 3Gs model...so it makes it easy for us to enable these features!
    2009-11-08 02:42 PM
    In my opinion apple want to port Vid Cam and VC etc, on iPhone 3G....but can't do it because he have to sell the 3Gs model...so it makes it easy for us to enable these features!
    it seems to be like this ;-)
    Unfortunately voice control is the most difficult thing to port :-(
    2009-11-08 02:53 PM
    Bravo BRAVO BRAVO. Geomazo. I am from Greece my name is Maria and i am very happy to learn this good news. When we have the program? When download babe and from where. I love you so much babe.

Can i be your Test babe? (in your program)
    Last edited by gardaland; 2009-11-08 at 03:06 PM.
    2009-11-08 03:03 PM
    woot! go geomazo!
    2009-11-08 03:03 PM
    Gardaland,μου αρεσει να βλεπω Ελληνες(κ ελληνιδες) να ασχολουνται μ τν ενεργοποιηση της vid cam σε 3G!
    2009-11-08 03:13 PM
    ^ill have to say that yeah if he ported this..then congrats! and it is likely that apple already handed to us all video-recording-related files..except yes the only thing different is: the video encoders & decoders, the N88 folder in the Celestial framework, and the 3 main plists...so naturally 3 major group of files..but a total of 13 individial files/plists............

he must have 2 port the main video decoders+encoders atleast..and i hope he knows that.....
    2009-11-08 03:14 PM
    Geomazo i tried many times to post a comment yesterday to iphonehacks.it but it didn't appear!Well i wanted to be a beta tester!i have an iphone 3g ,i have some programming experience, i know everything about iphone and my mail is [email protected]!I am living in Greece and I am 14 yo...Some of my work you can find at ihacks-n-mods.webs.com
    2009-11-08 03:19 PM
    Bravo BRAVO BRAVO. Geomazo. I am from Greece my name is Maria and i am very happy to learn this good news. When we have the program? When download babe and from where. I love you so much babe.

Can i be your Test babe? (in your program)
    Greece? Wow I was born in Athens and my mother is greek. So we are in a big family here
    2009-11-08 03:19 PM
1,517 ... 16566465666768 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD