Another problem I'm running into is I can send and receive for awhile then a certain amount of time later can not receive. After a reboot its back to normal.

Problems so far...
    slow send and receive
    picture resolution
    will receive sometimes if not a reboot is required
    2009-06-29 10:49 PM
    I can send and receive mms on tmobile too.
    I'm using wap.voicestream.com for both tzones/internet and mms. I'm also recieving tiny images.

I've been lurking this thread since the beginning and have a problem nobody else is complaining about. I cant save images from mms or safari now. I can copy and paste them between the apps, but i cant save the images to my photo roll.

Am I the only one?

edit: did a system restore in itunes and reapplied the mms hack through the repo. itunes automatically set my mmsc settings from the backup and i'm up and running again. I can now save images to the camera roll through messages and safari.
    Last edited by capitanstuped; 2009-06-30 at 12:01 AM. Reason: updating status
    2009-06-29 10:50 PM
    I'm using wap.voicestream.com for both tzones/internet and mms. I'm also recieving tiny images.

I've been lurking this thread since the beginning and have a problem nobody else is complaining about. I cant save images from mms or safari now. I can copy and paste them between the apps, but i cant save the images to my photo roll.

Am I the only one?
    Both work fine for me I'm also on wap
    2009-06-29 10:53 PM

Am I the only one?
    I hadn't tried this until reading your post but I can save from MMS. When I click on the image and it comes up full screen (and blurry) tap the icon in the bottom left and it brings up the option to save. Clicked on it and the photo saved to my camera roll. Videos however dont seem to have that same save option.... hmmmm
    2009-06-29 10:56 PM

Am I the only one?
    These are the settings I'm using for Tmobile USA

Cellular Data
    APN: wap.voicestream.com
    UN:
    Pass:

MMS
    UN:
    Pass:
    MMSC: 216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
    MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.050:8080
    MMS Max Message Size: 307200
    MMS UA Prof URL:
    2009-06-29 11:03 PM
    These are the settings I'm using for Tmobile USA

Cellular Data
    UN:
    Pass:

MMS
    UN:
    Pass:
    MMSC: 216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
    MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.050:8080
    MMS Max Message Size: 307200
    MMS UA Prof URL:
    These also work for me. I would like to use "epc.tmobile.com" for the APN. But it looks like like APN and MMS APN must be the same and MMS doesn't work unless MMS APN is "wap.voicestream.com". Is there a workaround to have different APNs?
    2009-06-29 11:10 PM
    Okay so I've been playing with my MMS (tweaking settings, etc.) and have a few observations:

-Battery seems okay. I'll see how it does today to see if MMS is negatively affecting it.
    -On T-Mobile, found the best option for my MMS settings was to make a custom .ipcc file, in order to have epc.tmobile.com as my data APN and wap.voicestream.com as my MMS APN. Those of you wanting 2 different APN's need to do this. Set data type mask to 49 and MMS type mask to 4. Also got T-Mobile services rearranged the way I wanted, but can't seem to get a space between customer care and the rest of the services. Still working on this.
    -Noticed that T-Mobile's picture messaging is a little unreliable. That or something is wrong on the phone's end. Message receiving can sometimes be sporadic.
    -In my opinion, the wap.voicestream.com MMS APN was more reliable than the epc.tmobile.com MMS APN, Sent and received several on both APN's and the wap.voicestream.com was definitely more consistent.
    -Poor resolution quality in received pictures (Of course)

Now I think we need to make sure the patch was done as cleanly as possible to ensure no adverse side affects to other parts of the phone or excess battery drain.

We also need to start focusing on tethering again!
    2009-06-29 11:18 PM
    Okay so I've been playing with my MMS (tweaking settings, etc.) and have a few observations:

-Battery seems okay. I'll see how it does today to see if MMS is negatively affecting it.
    -On T-Mobile, found the best option for my MMS settings was to make a custom .ipcc file, in order to have epc.tmobile.com as my data APN and wap.voicestream.com as my MMS APN. Those of you wanting 2 different APN's need to do this. Set data type mask to 49 and MMS type mask to 4. Also got T-Mobile services rearranged the way I wanted, but can't seem to get a space between customer care and the rest of the services. Still working on this.
    -Noticed that T-Mobile's picture messaging is a little unreliable. That or something is wrong on the phone's end. Message receiving can sometimes be sporadic.
    -In my opinion, the wap.voicestream.com MMS APN was more reliable than the epc.tmobile.com MMS APN, Sent and received several on both APN's and the wap.voicestream.com was definitely more consistent.

Now I think we need to make sure the patch was done as cleanly as possible to ensure no adverse side affects to other parts of the phone or excess battery drain.

Could you be kind and tell us in more detail how to make a custom .ipcc file? I'm fairly new to SSH and would feel comfortable with someone who is familiar with it to give a better explanation on which files/folders to look at and how to make those changes.
    2009-06-29 11:23 PM

Good info..the patch(which is posted as a zip in this thread) changes 2 files...the main plist for springboard M86AP or whatever...it sets a Boolean value for MMS to TRUE. The other thing this patch does is replace the normal commcenter file in coretelephony.framework/support. Pretty sure you have to decompile the binary to see the code changes as I tried a hexeditor and the changes were made in an area with no readable ascii.

Could you be kind and tell us in more detail how to make a custom .ipcc file? I'm fairly new to SSH and would feel comfortable with someone who is familiar with it to give a better explanation on which files/folders to look at and how to make those changes.
    Yes, besides the ipcc generator at benm, what program do you use to open/edit an ipcc file?
    Last edited by tekwiz; 2009-06-29 at 11:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-06-29 11:24 PM
    These also work for me. I would like to use "epc.tmobile.com" for the APN. But it looks like like APN and MMS APN must be the same and MMS doesn't work unless MMS APN is "wap.voicestream.com". Is there a workaround to have different APNs?
    A posted a link on page 39 for T-mobile carrier settings using epc.tmobile.com for both data and mms. I've been using it on mine and my wife's phone without any problems (still got blurry pictures).

Yes, besides the ipcc generator at benm, what program do you use to open/edit an ipcc file?
    rename the .ipcc file to zip and unzip it. I use PlistEdit Pro, it's a free program I found on apple's website to do the file editing.

BTW, I'm using a mac. You'll have to find a different program for windows.
    Last edited by geo411m; 2009-06-29 at 11:36 PM.
    2009-06-29 11:27 PM
    Alright, I made a little progress. I switched my SIM with my fiancee, who is on an AT&T Contract Plan. I sent a pic through my iPhone and viola! Pic successfully sent. I haven't received an MMS yet, but when I do I'll post the screen shots. It appears that Pay As You Go is unable to send MMS through iPhone. Odd though, I spoke with AT&T and they told me I had it on my PAYG plan. When I tried to send MMS through her phone using my SIM it failed.
    2009-06-29 11:31 PM
    I wonder what effect ATT dropping iphone pay as you go will be
    2009-06-29 11:36 PM
    Good info..the patch(which is posted as a zip in this thread) changes 2 files...the main plist for springboard M86AP or whatever...it sets a Boolean value for MMS to TRUE. The other thing this patch does is replace the normal commcenter file in coretelephony.framework/support. Pretty sure you have to decompile the binary to see the code changes as I tried a hexeditor and the changes were made in an area with no readable ascii.

Actually I don't have a program for that.
    I just learned how to SSH into an iPhone a week ago.
    This is really new to me. I'm on a PC-Vista. Which program would you recommend? And thanks for your help.
    2009-06-29 11:51 PM
    Actually I don't have a program for that.
    I just learned how to SSH into an iPhone a week ago.
    This is really new to me. I'm on a PC-Vista. Which program would you recommend? And thanks for your help.
    PLEdit for Windows users.
    2009-06-29 11:55 PM
    ipodrobot plist editor...
    2009-06-29 11:57 PM
    Ok great, I've downloaded both of them.
    2009-06-30 12:05 AM
    Those of you who wanted internet2.voicestream.com for data and wap.voicestream.com for MMS can now use this custom ipcc to enable those. I am currently using this on my phone to hold both those different settings and it's working fine. Still image resolution is crap. I noticed in the ipcc for username in one of the places it has iphone, I tried changing it to N95 but that had no effect on res. I changed it back to iphone. Credits to Grantmaier!

I installed file. (Connect phone to cable. Open itunes, Hold Shift, click Update. Choose the ipcc file. Go into settings and reset settings, put information in, reboot phone.

Here's the file. You must rename and remove the zip extension from it before using
    Attached Files
    2009-06-30 12:06 AM
    I just got MMS working on the 2g iPhone for AT&T Blue mMode (for those on AT&T prior to becoming Cingular (orange)) using the following settings:

MMSC URL: http://mmsc.mobile.attwireless.net
    MMSC Proxy: 010.250.250.100
    MMSC Port: 9201

Other possible settings besides what I used includes:
    MMSC Proxy: 010.250.250.055
    MMSC Port: 8080

MMSC URL: http://mmsc.mymmode.com

2009-06-30 12:07 AM
    Houston, we have liftoff! I have it figure out. I got it 100% with great receiving quality. i will be posting a walkthrough for all us AT&T PAYG and non PAYG users. Note* You must speak to an AT&T Rep.
    2009-06-30 12:12 AM
    I just got MMS working on the 2g iPhone for AT&T Blue mMode (for those on AT&T prior to becoming Cingular (orange)) using the following settings:

Other possible settings besides what I used includes: