You tried redownloading the file too?
    Yes, still getting the same error as Stella.
    2009-06-30 08:16 AM
    Yes, still getting the same error as Stella.
    Yeah it sucks. I've tried redowloading the file in TekWiz's signature 4-5 times but to no avail. Is there another source for it?

I'm about ready to give up on MMS. I don't even use it that often. I'd really rather have a volume fix for 3.0 and get back the custom keyboards...
    2009-06-30 08:20 AM
    Just typed it in manually.
    I was able to get the MMS to work with the epc.tmobile.com APN so my edge APN would match and be faster. I did this by going to help.benm.at, went to the mobile config creator and but the same APN for the Data as well as the Visual VM then (this is the important part..) Turn on internet tethering... then create it and install it. reboot and you will be good to go. it's working for me, but if you need two different ones, the steps you originally followed should do it.
    2009-06-30 08:22 AM
    Thanks for everyone's input! I have been able to get mms to work on my Tmobile USA phone. I am using the wap setting for edge and wap / 216 setting for mms. I would like to use epc for data but have not been successful in editing the carrier.plist file myself. when I upload it, my settings don't stick. Oh well.
    2009-06-30 08:23 AM
    Yeah it sucks. I've tried redowloading the file in TekWiz's signature 4-5 times but to no avail. Is there another source for it?

I'm about ready to give up on MMS. I don't even use it that often. I'd really rather have a volume fix for 3.0 and get back the custom keyboards...
    Hang in there! I have it working, but I'd like this to work so I can use different APNs for data. I used to not use MMS that often, but I bet I will now. Also at this point I'm doing this for moral reasons. Apple flat out lied about this whole thing and I knew we'd be able to show them.
    2009-06-30 08:25 AM
    Other here have used the other file fine. I suggest you google it. That error is common for app install issues as well....

At any rate, here is a another version of the same thing..should just rename to .ipcc
    Attached Files
    2009-06-30 08:28 AM
    Other here have used the other file fine. I suggest you google it. That error is common for app install issues as well....

At any rate, here is a another version of the same thing..should just rename to .ipcc

That attachment doesn't download... Thanks for all your help though TekWiz. It's great to see people be so helpful (and knowledgable).
    2009-06-30 08:34 AM
    I just tried it, still doesn't work. I am using Windows maybe thats the problem??? Did you make it on a mac??
    2009-06-30 08:34 AM
    That attachment doesn't download... Thanks for all your help though TekWiz. It's great to see people be so helpful (and knowledgable).
    That happened with the last one too, don't know if the mods need to approve first or what..it will work eventually...just in time for you to get the same error...hurrahh!!! lmao j/k I hope not. I notice the file in my sig is 4.2kb and the latest is 4.3kb..dunno why the difference.

I'm off to bed all, see you in 6 hrs.
    2009-06-30 08:36 AM
    That happened with the last one too, don't know if the mods need to approve first or what..it will work eventually...just in time for you to get the same error...hurrahh!!! lmao j/k I hope not. I notice the file in my sig is 4.2kb and the latest is 4.3kb..dunno why the difference.

I'm off to bed all, see you in 6 hrs.
    when you decompress the file it shows a:
    _MACOSX

folder with a payload folder and an empty bundle and a

payload

folder with a bundle that has the settings. is this correct?

I compressed the payload folder and renamed it and iTunes let me install it but the apn did not fill in automatic and they still need to be the same. does this help at all?
    2009-06-30 08:42 AM
    I was having the same problem with the first download. But this download worked for me this time.

I'm using Google Chrome, it downloaded automatically.
    2009-06-30 08:42 AM
    I was having the same problem with the first download. But this download worked for me this time.

I'm using Google Chrome, it downloaded automatically.
    Do you think you could PM me your file? Or even email it to me?

_MACOSX

payload

I compressed the payload folder and renamed it and iTunes let me install it but the apn did not fill in automatic and they still need to be the same. does this help at all?
    What's the point of using this if the APNs still need to be the same? My EDGE will ONLY work with the internet2 APN and my MMS works only with wap... but the wap won't stick until my EDGE APN is the same.... so hopefully this download will fix it but so far I haven't been able to update through iTunes
    Last edited by StellaCaelum5; 2009-06-30 at 08:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-06-30 08:51 AM
    For those of you on OSX trying to option+update a .ipcc file to your iphone need to first close iTunes, open the terminal app, type the command tekwiz posted a few pages back (defaults write com.apple.iTunes carrier-testing -bool TRUE) and hit enter. Then you can open iTunes and option+update a .ipcc file to your iphone.

If you renamed a carrier file you downloaded or edited and changed it to .ipcc and it's still not letting you select it, it's probably still got a .zip extension. What I do is rename my .zip file to .ipcc when I'm ready to use it, then I right-click it and choose get info to see if it still has a .zip extension. (Example: TMobile_US.ipcc.zip) You need to remove that .zip extension and choose other as the default application to open the file with. It should then prompt you to confirm that you want to change the extension to .ipcc.
    2009-06-30 09:07 AM
    3rd time restoring/jailbreaking. still no enable mms under messages or cellular data network under network.

am i doing something wrong?

My steps:

Fresh restore/jailbreak.
    Install APN Editing.
    Install ActivateMMS2G.
    Reboot.

No settings for MMS.
    2009-06-30 09:11 AM
    _MACOSX

payload

The payload folder is the one you need. It should have a T-Mobile bundle in it. Compress the payload folder, rename it to TMobile_US.ipcc, right click, get info, make sure the extension is .ipcc.

If you've modified iTunes to work with carrier bundles, just option+click and choose your .ipcc file. it should say updating for a few seconds then stop, which means it's done. Unplug the phone, reboot it (power+home to apple logo) and the cellular data should reflect whatever is in the .ipcc file. I've got a .ipcc with epc.tmobile.com data APN and wap.voicestream.com mms APN i'll upload in a minute. If you need something different from what tekwiz and I have posted let me know and I'll try and get it to you.
    2009-06-30 09:17 AM
    I give up. But I figured something out. The low image quality is becuase if you're on t-mobile and have an iPhone, to quote Swirly MMS...

"Some Service Providers automatically scale images down if they do not know the capabilities of the handset. Obviously, some Service Providers do not know what the iPhone is capable of."

So I think the problem with the pictures being blurry is that T-Mobile is resizing the images. And I tested this out on my 3G by sending myself a picture message and it's blurry as well. So MMS can work, but the pictures are crap. Until they have a fix.
    The only thing that threatens my humanity... is, none other than, reality.
    2009-06-30 09:22 AM
    Here's the carrier bundle I said I'd upload. epc.tmobile.com for Data APN, wap.voicestream.com for MMS APN:
    Attached Files
    2009-06-30 09:28 AM
    @jimmay: what os and carrier are you using?
    2009-06-30 09:29 AM
    Here's the carrier bundle I said I'd upload. epc.tmobile.com for Data APN, wap.voicestream.com for MMS APN:
    hi! Could you make a carrier bundle with internet2 for the data APN and wap APN for MMS?? I would greatly appreciate it!

I've tried tekwiz's bundle a million times and I always get an error when updating through iTunes...
    2009-06-30 09:33 AM
    He compressed it wrong, how do I combine the 2 folders to make 1 file on a PC???
    2009-06-30 09:40 AM
983 ... 26343536373846 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD