@jimmay: what os and carrier are you using?
    iphone 2g 3.0

AT&T.

if u mean the other OS i've been using redsnow on windows xp.
    2009-06-30 09:42 AM
    I've renamed the .zip to .ipcc and tried to install it through iTunes and I too am getting an error message. I've tried both .zip files.

Perhaps it's something we're doing wrong?
    I'm using PC w/ Vista.

I too need one with "internet2" for Data and "wap" for MMS
    2009-06-30 09:45 AM
    hi! Could you make a carrier bundle with internet2 for the data APN and wap APN for MMS?? I would greatly appreciate it!

I've tried tekwiz's bundle a million times and I always get an error when updating through iTunes...
    Here you go- tekwiz's bundle should be fine but here's one just in case. Are you on a mac or PC?
    Attached Files
    2009-06-30 09:46 AM
    @grantM

That .zip doesn't d/l at all. All it does is redirect to a blank page.
    2009-06-30 09:49 AM
    @grantM

That .zip doesn't d/l at all. All it does is redirect to a blank page.

Strange.... It downloads fine for me when I click on it. What web browser are you using? and Mac or PC?
    2009-06-30 09:53 AM
    @GrantM

I'm using Google Chrome, also tried with FireFox and IE.
    I'm on PC/Vista
    2009-06-30 09:54 AM
    Uhhh... So I was finally able to update my iphone with the bundle file but now I have two problems:

1) I've lost my "Enable MMS" toggle in the messaging center
    2) The MMS APN (wap.voicestream.com) is deleting itself after I type it in. (still leaving my data as internet2)
    2009-06-30 09:54 AM
    @GrantM

I'm using Google Chrome, also tried with FireFox and IE.
    I'm on PC/Vista
    Have you tried right-clicking the link and choosing save target as? I use a mac but i"m pretty good with PC's as long as it's XP or lower... Haven't used vista too much.
    2009-06-30 09:57 AM
    Thank you, works perfect!!!!!!!!! I downloaded it with IE + Vista.
    2009-06-30 09:58 AM
    @jimmay: check out my tutorial/walkthrough if nothing else, it should take you a step in the right direction
    2009-06-30 10:01 AM
    Uhhh... So I was finally able to update my iphone with the bundle file but now I have two problems:

1) I've lost my "Enable MMS" toggle in the messaging center
    2) The MMS APN (wap.voicestream.com) is deleting itself after I type it in. (still leaving my data as internet2)
    Hmmm... After you update the .ipcc on your phone do you reboot (power+home)? If your MMS toggle is disappearing something strange must be happening because i can do whatever i want to my apn settings and can't get rid of the mms toggle. Did you apply the MMS patch via SSH or the cydia package? I did a clean restore (2g, unlocked on T-Mobile FW 3.0), installed SSH, made the changes needed for the patch, left my apn settings blank, uploaded my custom .ipcc via iTunes and was good to go. when you upload the .ipcc and reboot, all your APN settings should be there, so you shouldn't have to enter anything.
    2009-06-30 10:06 AM
    i've been using your tutorial but it just doesn't work.

here is one part that doesn't work. when i paste that into the Run window i get this error.

“%ProgramFiles%\iTunes\iTunes.exe” /setPrefInt carrier-testing 1

itunes is on my E drive.

Do i need a specific version of itunes?
    2009-06-30 10:09 AM
    @GrantM - It doesn't give me that open, it just sees it as a link, asks to open, when I do..its just a blank page with a whole bunch of numbers in the Title.

@Dimit - How did you manage to d/l and save it?
    2009-06-30 10:11 AM
    am i the only one having this problem?
    2009-06-30 10:13 AM
    @jimmay: i didn't write that tutorial, but let me get a hold of the guy who wrote it and i'll let you know what to do.
    2009-06-30 10:13 AM
    @GrantM - It doesn't give me that open, it just sees it as a link, asks to open, when I do..its just a blank page with a whole bunch of numbers in the Title.

I just clicked on it and downloaded it to my desktop, once there I extracted the zip file with winace and then renamed the file *.ipcc
    2009-06-30 10:15 AM
    okay. cool.
    2009-06-30 10:16 AM
    i've been using your tutorial but it just doesn't work.

here is one part that doesn't work. when i paste that into the Run window i get this error.

“%ProgramFiles%iTunesiTunes.exe” /setPrefInt carrier-testing 1

itunes is on my E drive.

Do i need a specific version of itunes?

If you are using vista just click on start and then accessories and then command prompt then just copy and paste that exact string and hit enter.
    2009-06-30 10:18 AM

Okay so your browser is only letting you open the file. You'll need to save the file to your computer first, then unzip it (winzip? not sure if windows can unzip on it's own yet) so that you have the decompressed version of the .ipcc file.
    2009-06-30 10:19 AM
    @jimmay: try it without the % and let me know what happens

he said he's never tried it from a drive other than "c" so we're all eager to see how we get it to work.
    2009-06-30 10:20 AM
983 ... 27353637383947 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD