the key to unlocking the form is to add the mms key to M68AP.plist. I never got the carrier file to actually input the settings for me, but when i manually input them into the for myself, they stay.
    Mate, can you tell us which complementary plist files you added under the /var/mobile/Library/Preferences folder?

I got the form to show; I can't save anything in the first three boxes... and the settings in the carrier.plist are there.
    2009-06-26 03:57 AM
    this is getting interesting.
    2009-06-26 07:54 AM
    well i just changed my imei and upgraded to 3.0 with a custom ispw so im ready for MMS!! wooot
    Same username on: hondatech, 7thgenhonda, clubrsx, orlandoforums, civicforums
    2009-06-26 08:59 AM
    wait do you guys still need the 3G stuff??

I have a jailbroken MMS 3G i can grab stuff off of....
    2009-06-26 09:00 AM
    im not sure if this helps but ive been fooling about with 3g ipsw files and have discovered it will let me install 3g firmware if i un rar it and swap the recovery file over but it still runs as tho its 2g so i have come to the conclusion that maybe if u mod that file to install the n82ap files it may install the files u need im afraid my coding isnt that good but have noticed there are quite a few differences in this file i could be at a dead end but i beleive that when itunes finds ur phone it gives it a catagorisation number which then checks with the firmware which instructs the firmware which files to install

hopefully this helps
    dan
    2009-06-26 01:53 PM
    To those people who can't get the settings for MMS to stick. Do you have a carrier profile installed? People on 3g can just go install a profile from help.benm.at or other sites and then reboot. Sometimes after doing this you have to choose reset settings under general-->network-->cellular data network then re-enter and it works
    2009-06-26 05:50 PM
    When I injected the MMS setting in M68AP.plist my device replaced the VVM settings with the MMS dito and picked up the correct data from my carrier profile (Telia in Sweden). => All is set to go, I just need the messaging app to enable MMS...

I got my (since long time ago paid for) SwirlyMMS2 v2.1 loaded today and it seems to work well even in 3.0 (but I lack the possibility to swap between attached images with a finger stroke that the native MMS application supports)

But I'm still very eager to see if anyone can find out what enables the native MMS in 3.0 @ 2G

What will happen if both the native MMS function and Swirly is installed/active at the same time?
    Last edited by flyvert; 2009-06-26 at 11:29 PM.
    2009-06-26 11:26 PM
    we mede it http://iphoneapps.ru/forums/index.ph...dpost&p=165217
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBD4XyKQW-s]YouTube - mms on 2g iphone[/ame]
    2009-06-27 01:28 AM

if thats for real, then FREAKIN AWESOME!!!!

But, we are here to achieve it for free for everyone. So, do you have access to the method used to enable mms on iPhone 2g? Can you upload the files or directions in english please?

Thanks.

UPDATE: i went to the forum site, and with the help of a translator, it seems that, from what is in the last page of the forum, they have simply found a way to edit video with the iphone. don't see anything towards enabling MMS on 2g.
    Last edited by h.abdulhamid86; 2009-06-27 at 01:57 AM.
    2009-06-27 01:35 AM
    Wow, you guys got that working! Too bad Google Translate is pretty much the worst thing ever, and I can't make heads or tails out of the information on the linked thread. I'm sure we have some russian/english speakers in the crowd though, and an answer for us will show itself in due time.

Exciting news for us 2G owners

Follow me on Twitter!
    2009-06-27 02:12 AM
    sorry for my english
    don't see anything towards enabling MMS on 2g
    I give you an url,where author wrote that he made a mms on iPhone 2G.
    He need some test's,and soon at will be done for user's.maybe it wiil be in cydia with some donate from our side.
    2009-06-27 02:26 AM
    THIS JUST IN:

i guess our russian brethren WERE really onto something. i browsed their forum, with the help of an online translator, and found a download link for a file called appsupport found in System/LIbrary/PrivateFrameworks/AppSupport.framework. So i downloaded it and copied it over and voilaa!!! MMS interface.

So, this is what i can confirm:

1. SSH M68AP.plist MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service (boolean mms key with true value) into System/Library/Core Services/Springboard.app.

2. SSH AppSupport MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service to System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/AppSupport.framework

3. Reboot. Connect to iTunes and update your carrier settings with this: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Reboot

Go to Settings > General > Network > Cellular Data Network and fill in your settings:
    (this thread was intended for T-Mobile USA users, so that is what i am basing this off of)

APN: wap.voicestream.com
    Username:
    Password:
    MMSC: http://216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
    MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080

Reboot again (idk, just seems like the right thing to do) =P

With this, i have gotten the camera icon in Messages.app. it will let me take a pic, and attach it. as of right now though, it fails to send

UPDATE:

it may not be neccessary to update the ipcc file. i tested mms before i update and it failed. so i updated it, but it still failed. wish i had time to look into this more, but i gotta run!

come on you guys! you can do it!!!
    Last edited by h.abdulhamid86; 2009-06-27 at 03:05 AM.
    2009-06-27 03:02 AM
    geniusan has done it...

They are just trying to figure out if he will make it so all can have and donate at will or maybe put it into Saurik's Cydia Appstore for a price.

THIS JUST IN:

i guess our russian brethren WERE really onto something. i browsed their forum, with the help of an online translator, and found a download link for a file called appsupport found in System/LIbrary/PrivateFrameworks/AppSupport.framework. So i downloaded it and copied it over and voilaa!!! MMS interface.

So, this is what i can confirm:

1. SSH M68AP.plist MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service (boolean mms key with true value) into System/Library/Core Services/Springboard.app.

2. SSH AppSupport MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service to System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/AppSupport.framework

3. Reboot. Connect to iTunes and update your carrier settings with this: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Reboot

Go to Settings > General > Network > Cellular Data Network and fill in your settings:
    (this thread was intended for T-Mobile USA users, so that is what i am basing this off of)

APN: wap.voicestream.com
    Username:
    Password:
    MMSC: http://216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
    MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080

Reboot again (idk, just seems like the right thing to do) =P

With this, i have gotten the camera icon in Messages.app. it will let me take a pic, and attach it. as of right now though, it fails to send

UPDATE:

it may not be neccessary to update the ipcc file. i tested mms before i update and it failed. so i updated it, but it still failed. wish i had time to look into this more, but i gotta run!

come on you guys! you can do it!!!
    Try leaving the APN section empty and try again to see if it works. I cant try right now since I am at work...
    Last edited by 96hondaex; 2009-06-27 at 03:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-06-27 03:39 AM
    man this is so close!!

my guess would be the apn settings need to be manually put in somewhere, just not sure where yet.
    Last edited by myke580; 2009-06-27 at 04:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-06-27 04:17 AM
    man this is so close!!

my guess would be the apn settings need to be manually put in somewhere, just not sure where yet.
    It seems that the phone does save the APN and MMSC settings input through the Settings.app. However, I think the reason that the MMS is failing is due to the fact that AT&T has not enabled MMS yet. I bet once they do, people that go through these steps will be able to send MMS with their first gen iPhones. That's mostly a guess though.

I'm wondering if this is working for people that went through that whole process of swapping your SIM into a non-iPhone and switching your messaging plan, then swapping SIM back into iPhone. Can anyone confirm?
    Last edited by arctictheory; 2009-06-27 at 05:30 AM.
    2009-06-27 05:27 AM
    I thought the mms attempt was made on the tmobile network not AT&T, though I doubt the process of setting up your phone will be any different between the two providers. Enabling mms on at&t's side is a whole different story.
    2009-06-27 05:35 AM
    im using tmobile to enable this, right now im going through files and trying to make sure all the mms files are set right
    2009-06-27 05:38 AM
    I have been following this and I registered here just for this lol.

I have enabled everything here as you have said and I also have the camera icon and have been able to take a pict but it will not send either. I am trying different settings to see if I can help with this. I think it might be an issues as how we have the settings. Not sure. But trying to help. I have t-mobile as wel..
    2009-06-27 05:41 AM
    i wish i could find that forum it says they have it working.
    2009-06-27 05:43 AM
    OK this has got to be close b/c I am still able to browse the net on my iphone with the APN as APN: wap.voicestream.com..

But I have been trying to change around my settings b/c we used to be on Suncom. So I tried some of those settings. It seemed as if it was almost going through but then stopped as compared to the T-Mobile settings I have put in immediately stops..

I gotta give up for tonight..
    2009-06-27 06:24 AM
983 ... 3456715 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD