Ok here is my situation:

My theme kept bugging out the status bar. Narrowed it down to this code in the plist:

<key>StatusBarMode</key>
    <string>1</string> (doesn't matter what the # value is set to, I've tried 0 and 1 so far and they both cause the bug)

Anyway, what is happening is, power on the screen, status bar is like it should be, open an app up (mail, contacts, clock, maps, etc) and when I exit them, the status bar disappears with the app that I just closed out.

I can get the status bar back by turning off the screen, then turning it back on.

Also, this doesn't happen with all apps. There are a few apps that I can open then close and the status bar stays up top like it should. (calculator, notes, voice memos, weather) But it's just a few apps. MOST of the apps I open and close cause the status bar to disappear.

It has something to do with the plist. If I remove the plist, status bar works normally, no problems. I just have the plist to make my status bar transparent in the first place.

Let me know if ya have any ideas. ThankS!

EDIT: Ok I just realized that (with no plist activated to alter the status bar from its default) that when I open any of those apps that didn't cause the status bar to disappear (weather, calculator, notes, voice memos) they don't change the status bar to gray. They simply keep the black/clear status bar from the home page.

To explain what I mean, all of the other apps, when you open them they change the status bar to gray. (contacts, clock, most apps) and when you close said app, it returns you to the black/clear status bar of the home page.

Apparently the plist is creating a conflict with the default status bar transitions..

please help
    Last edited by muffpirate; 2009-06-22 at 08:57 AM.
    2009-06-22 08:33 AM
    I have the same problem
    2009-06-22 05:28 PM
    I had to remove the statusbar.png file from the root of the theme directory.
    2009-06-22 05:55 PM
    hey sim, i don't have a statusbar.png in my theme folder.

i just used the plist to modify the default status bar...

i could use a statusbar.png in the root of my theme but i have never come across a clear or semi-clear status bar that i wanted to use.

let me know what u think
    2009-06-22 06:26 PM
    hmmm, i dunno.. I tried some of the winterboard options (all black, invis..etc..) They didn't work. But the themes I was using had a stausbar.png file and once I deleted it, all was fine.
    2009-06-22 08:05 PM
    hmmm.. so when u deleted it, does restore the status bar to default.. black/clear in springboard.. gray in contacts, messages, email, etc?

Or where you able to keep a specific status bar throughout all your apps?

If I remove my plist, the status bar works fine. But, it turns that hideous gray in most apps unless I have the plist there to modify it.
    2009-06-22 11:17 PM
    I was having the same disappearing status bar problem too. To fix it I went into winterboard settings and unchecked the "Solid status bar" setting.

Works normal again.
    2009-06-23 06:10 AM
    I just removed the lines in the plist that had to do with the status bar and it works now
    2009-06-23 09:51 PM
    I have the same problem, I have read a lot about it but I can not find a Solutionsis is there a fix for it..
    Last edited by CyBorg82; 2009-06-29 at 03:41 AM.
    2009-06-29 03:39 AM
    Its in the info.plist of the theme your using i changed that and all was good
    2009-06-29 09:08 AM
    Its in the info.plist of the theme your using i changed that and all was good
    im useing Alienware Xenomorph 2.1.

i try to changed in the info.plist

what was it you changed in the info.plist?
    2009-06-30 05:08 AM
    Can anyone help with this issue?
    2009-07-09 01:05 AM
    Ok, looks like it might be a combination of things
    To get mine to work I had to remove the lines from the plist and then uncheck solid status bar. Interestingly enough this did not start happening until the last update of SBSettings and the new MobileSubstrate..
    2009-07-09 03:31 AM
    Got mine to work as well. Exactly what was said above... remove the lines in the plist having to do with the status bar and unchecked solid status in winterboard.
    2009-07-10 10:41 PM
    I kind of like having the solid status bar myself. Most of the solutions I see involve not using this WB theme. Does ANYONE know how to fix the solid status bar theme??
    2009-07-16 11:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD