Think I'm gonna give it a try! 1.0.2 sound really good with 1.1.3.

http://iphone-dev.org/s5l8900:dualboot

-very aware it's not for 1.0.2 but I've got nothing else todo!
    2008-03-12 11:53 PM
    i saw that today, kind of interesting.

what would be the point in having 2 firmwares though?
    The Future of Mobile

http://www.mobitureblog.com
    2008-03-13 09:10 AM
    i saw that today, kind of interesting.

what would be the point in having 2 firmwares though?
    So if you run into someone else with an iPhone you can boot into the older firmware and say the latest firmware (the one you really use) sucks and that $teve Job$ (you have to say the $, not an S) sucks for not releasing a pre-jailbroken sim-free phone yet you still have it because you find it to be a status pass to cool-town.

At least, that's the only thing I can think of. That is, until someone comes up with Android for the iPhone or Linux. It really fascinates me how people try to cram (successfully most of the time too) Linux into every device created by man.
    2008-03-13 09:24 AM
    ive been thinking about doing this but where do you get
    fdisk
    newfs_hfs
    fsck_hfs
    mount_hfs
    umount

ive tried decrypting the 1.1.1 firmware with no luck if anyone has a like to the files plz pm me
    Last edited by robbpell; 2008-03-19 at 07:26 AM.
    2008-03-13 09:30 AM
    I'd be interested to see if iPhone Linux were to ever come to fruition, THEN this would be really cool. not that it isn't already...
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!
    2008-03-13 11:05 AM
    ive been thinking about doing this but where do you get
    fdisk
    newfs_hfs
    fsck_hfs
    mount_hfs
    umount

ive tried decrypting the 1.1.1 firmware with no luck if anyone has a like to the files plz pm me
    Yes i am in the process of trying this but where the hell do you get the Ramdisk file to extract what you need?
    2008-03-28 05:47 AM
    I belive if you download the 1.0.2 or 1.1.1 software then check step 1 or 2 in this post! http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9578
    Let me know how it goes.
    2008-03-28 06:24 AM
    I'm really thinking about doing this...but the only problem is that I would have to downgrade to 1.1.1 and lose all the Customizations that are on the phone at the moment. >
    2008-03-28 07:02 AM
    Yes i am in the process of trying this but where the hell do you get the Ramdisk file to extract what you need?
    you unzip a firmware file and get one of the smaller .dmg file and you have to decrypt it to get the files but i get all kind of error when trying to decrypt on windows and cant seem to find the right decrypter for linux or os x
    2008-03-28 07:30 AM
    ok everything is unziped out of the ipsw but finding a program to open it with a windows machine is nearly impossible, i have been searching for about 6 hours with no luck... can someone with a mac decompile this? and shoot this over? programs i have tried are:
    DMG2ISO status: Error
    MagicISO status: Error
    DeamonTools status: will no mount...Error
    Transmac status: uhhh Error
    2008-03-28 09:26 AM
    ok everything is unziped out of the ipsw but finding a program to open it with a windows machine is nearly impossible, i have been searching for about 6 hours with no luck... can someone with a mac decompile this? and shoot this over? programs i have tried are:
    DMG2ISO status: Error
    MagicISO status: Error
    DeamonTools status: will no mount...Error
    Transmac status: uhhh Error
    just google or better yet search this forum for "decrypt iphone firmware windows"
    2008-04-01 10:25 AM
    2008-04-03 06:16 AM
    i have it on my T-85
    2008-04-05 07:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD