I'm just wondering if it works in the 3g firmware 3.0?
    2009-07-20 04:00 PM
    oh and i am using iphone 3g os 3.0 with redsnow

ok...i'll stop after this post, I promise

reboot brings back the wanting to pair icons, but I can't pair sensor or remote...
    Last edited by starson; 2009-07-20 at 04:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-07-20 04:51 PM
    the nike watch as a remote also wasn't accepted and no also shows the ext sensor not necessary pic.
    Interesting...
    I wonder why that happens.

If we could get someone to test out that ApplicationSupport thing... (I can't because my iphone is currently not working too well...)
    2009-07-20 06:31 PM
    I'm happy to try anything, would need precise instructions though.
    2009-07-20 06:47 PM
    I replaced a 2gb nano LCD screen the other day, i think it was a 1st gen nano, and the nike+ reciever + sensor worked fine with it.

That came out long before the 3G and i find it hard to believe that the nano has hardware inside it to communicate with the sensor that the 3G doesn't....
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker
    2009-07-20 07:02 PM
    I replaced a 2gb nano LCD screen the other day, i think it was a 1st gen nano, and the nike+ reciever + sensor worked fine with it.

That came out long before the 3G and i find it hard to believe that the nano has hardware inside it to communicate with the sensor that the 3G doesn't....
    the nano works with the external receiver. the iphone doesn't accept the external receiver.
    2009-07-20 07:13 PM

We are talking about iPhones here! Read the title of the thread...

I'm just wondering if it works in the 3g firmware 3.0?
    People, please! Don't just see the title of the thread that looks so promising, and post "does this work with what I have"? Go through the thread and you can see what the latest status is. I'll say it one last time.

The app itself works on the iPhone 2G and 3G on 3.0, but is not in functioning status. The reason is there is no internal hardware to support the nike+ wireless technology, but when you plug in the receiver it locks up the application. Therefore you cannot pair it with the sensor and therefore it is useless.
    2009-07-20 09:21 PM
    I think there is somthing missing because on the iphone 3GS and itouch Bluetooth could be off and Nike iPod sensor still works. The app never asks to turn on Bluetooth.
    2009-07-20 09:35 PM
    Wow, Mr and Mrs Obvious quoting me there. I'm not stupid. I use the nike+ app on my 3GS and have tried it on the 3G, i know the stupid errors and things you get, im just saying i dont believe the nano has hardware that the 3G doesnt so it should technically be possible.

Apple have clearly gone out of their way to stop the 3G talking to the nike+ equipment. Getting the nike+ app to launch is not hard and achieves nothing in reality. I don't think you will ever get the sensor/reciever working.

Would be allot faster to get a job getting paid £3.00 an hour and working only 1 hour a week to pay for a new 3GS than wait for the 3G to work with the nike+ sensor/reciever.

That said, please prove me wrong.

Suck it up, Sucker
    2009-07-20 10:12 PM
    I think the bluetooth on the itouch was a part that apple wanted to conceal. They were forced to make it public because the people in the forums with jailbroken ipods had already unlocked it (they founds out about its existance from the nike app), so apple to save themselves from another few jailbroken ipods they just made bluetooth public.

I'm 95% sure that the iphone 3G or Edge can play nike+ without any special sensor because screenshots showing an iphone running Nike+ last august can't possibly be pictures of the 3G S.

Nike + pour iPhone : les captures d'écrans (exclu) - iPhone, iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch : le blog iPhon.fr
    Last edited by nikeneeder; 2009-07-21 at 03:15 AM.
    2009-07-21 03:13 AM
    I think those were confirmed as fake screenshots.
    2009-07-21 03:37 AM
    No that was an app they made not the real thing. You could tell by the background

Translated link
    Google Translate
    2009-07-21 03:55 AM
    The Nike+ system uses a PROPRIETARY WIRELESS TECHNOLOGY. That doesn't mean bluetooth. I'm about 95% sure that the iPhone cannot do nike+ without the added receiver, because it doesn't have the hardware to support it. The system has been called an "802.11 proprietary wireless technology", which to me implies a special chip or at the very least, some special modifications done to the chip.

Also, even if those screenshots were real (which they aren't), they prove nothing about the existence or lack of existence of a receiver, because they only show the screen.
    2009-07-21 08:00 AM
    So are only options would be to make the app accept the added receiver and not reject it or to fool the system into thinking the added receiver is internal but it is actually connected via usb. Im going to do some research on the xgps thing and see how they made the system think their gps was internal.
    2009-07-21 03:58 PM
    Yep, exactly what i was thinking. The nike+ reciever is the way forward....

Suck it up, Sucker
    2009-07-21 04:26 PM
    keep in mind that the remote shows the same issue.
    2009-07-21 04:58 PM
    nickfranco, would you mind uploading the AccessorySupport.framework folder in /System/Library/Privateframeworks from the iTouch 2G 3.0 software? Thanks.
    2009-07-21 07:06 PM
    This is the AccessorySupport.framework from the 3GS if it helps?

I do not have a touch.....
    Attached Files

Suck it up, Sucker
    2009-07-21 07:09 PM
    If theres anything else you want from the 3GS let me know and ill upload it for you

Suck it up, Sucker
    2009-07-21 07:10 PM
    I dont have an itouch. i just got those other files from my friends ipod but he sold his itouch and got a 3gs.
    2009-07-21 08:35 PM
139 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD