Ok Everyone,

So here is the progress.

I have loaded in the 'VoiceServices.framework' into the Filesystem, I made several other changes to different files in the System.

It has made a successful boot, No Errors cropped up and it seems to be accepting it, it unfortunately froze at the Slide to Unlock screen.

I did a Reboot, next time it came up with 'Sad iPhone' and auto restarted and came up fine. It till remains frozen, so something is not right there.

Gonna look into it further.

Cheers,
    Chris

*EDIT*

Anyone got any idea as to what could be the cause of it freezing? Missing File? Buffer Spike in the Memory? What do you think?

*EDIT FURTHER*

The file that needs looking at is 'voiced'. That's whats causing it to freeze I think? Hmmmmm.
    Last edited by VirtueDesign; 2009-08-11 at 09:59 PM.
    2009-08-11 09:56 PM
    so i guess mines the opposite...i have the VoiceServices.framework in place however it only freezes at lockscreen when i set the value to true for voice-control...otherwise if i leave it 2 false then its all fine....
    2009-08-11 10:00 PM
    Check out the plists in this?

VoiceOverTouch is enabled. but in the one we had before, it has NO as a value, disabling it, right?

Cheers,
    Chris
    Attached Files
    2009-08-11 10:01 PM
    so i guess mines the opposite...i have the VoiceServices.framework in place however it only freezes at lockscreen when i set the value to true for voice-control...otherwise if i leave it 2 false then its all fine....
    That would be because of your device being different to mine: you stated yours as:

iPhone 2G on 3.0.1? right?

Mine is an iPhone 3G on 3.0.1.

Cheers,
    Chris

*EDIT*

I am going to load in the 'VoiceServices.framework' into my iPhone without the 'voiced' file, see what happens?

*EDIT FURTHER*

I have just found out that the 'voiced' file on the 3GS Handset has 'armv6' listed in it already, its the same so it might not be launching right, in your 'VoiceServices.framework'.

Did you add: armv6 = true to your M68AP.plist file?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ONE SMALL STEP FOR MAN, ONE GIANT LEAP, FOR MANKIND.

An amazing moment just happened.

I copied the 'VoiceServices.framework' across to the 3G Handset from the 3GS Filesystem, I rebooted my device and it is running with no lag, 'voice-control' is set to true in the plist file.

Now the sad thing is that 'Voice Control' and 'Accessibility' is still empty within the Preferences.

So what I am getting at is that there is something wrong within Accessibility, so I am going to try and fix that up, it hopefully will work after that, but all Seems GOLD so far.

Cheers,
    Chris

P.S: Everything is loaded in, just gotta play around with Accessibility first and get it loading in properly, 'VoiceServices.frameworks' has loaded in successfully with no errors or constant respringing crap.
    Last edited by VirtueDesign; 2009-08-11 at 10:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-08-11 10:20 PM
    Coool! You're great!
    2009-08-11 10:25 PM
    Have you guys thought of the fact the the reason for the crashing is that the iphone 3g dosent have enough cpu to run voice command. Dont get me wrong i have a iphone 3g and i am really rooting for you guys cause i want this but the cpu does play a big role in this
    2009-08-11 10:30 PM
    Have you guys thought of the fact the the reason for the crashing is that the iphone 3g dosent have enough cpu to run voice command. Dont get me wrong i have a iphone 3g and i am really rooting for you guys cause i want this but the cpu does play a big role in this
    Thanks Man,

Well good news, it may not need that much CPU as everything so far is running sweet for me!

I am still working on it though, I have almost got it working perfectly.

Cheers,
    Chris
    2009-08-11 10:33 PM
    This is really getting interesting. i hope you'll post How-to for the 2G users like me.
    2009-08-11 10:41 PM
    This is really getting interesting. i hope you'll post How-to for the 2G users like me.
    Sure, as soon as I have enabled it for 3G, I will help out you guys who are using 2G Handsets.

Cheers,
    Chris
    2009-08-11 10:46 PM
    So what I am getting at is that there is something wrong within Accessibility, so I am going to try and fix that up, it hopefully will work after that, but all Seems GOLD so far.

Cheers,
    Chris

P.S: Everything is loaded in, just gotta play around with Accessibility first and get it loading in properly, 'VoiceServices.frameworks' has loaded in successfully with no errors or constant respringing crap.
    try running each binary in mobile terminal and see what the output is...(what kind of command/error)
    2009-08-11 10:52 PM
    I got it!!!!!!

Here is what is needed to be done, the attachment needs it's CPU changed from 'cpu-type: 0x00000009' to cpu-type: '0x00000006'.

Once that is done. it will work with no issues.
    'voiced' file is running with no trouble, just 'VoiceServices' file.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Attached Files
    2009-08-11 11:18 PM
    so is this the final product we need to enable voice control?
    2009-08-11 11:21 PM
    Yeah is it................:0
    2009-08-11 11:22 PM
    so is this the final product we need to enable voice control?
    Yes, can someone change that CPU Type and re-upload it or email it to me: [email protected]

I will then get it loaded back into my iPhone's filesystem, test it out with my current mods and see it if does the trick!

It should do the trick tho.

So come on people, if you want Voice Control, HELP ME OUT!!!!
    I have gotten everything else working perfectly, just need to complete the missing link ('VoiceServices' file).

Cheers,
    Chris

*EDIT*

Don't worry about the CPU Check now, I have it fixed up.

Now next thing to work on is MobileTerminal returns saying '/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/VoiceServices.framework/Support/voiced Illegal instruction'.

Any ideas on what can be done to fix this?

I am thinking maybe copy across the Instructions from the 3GS to 3G handset, how would be the best way to come about that?

Holy ****!, CPU Checks fixed, now if I go into 'International' under General Preferences, it immediately quits out of the Settings app, this could be caused by 'Voice Services' loading up ok, but returning 'Illegal Instruction'.

Can anyone help?
    Last edited by VirtueDesign; 2009-08-11 at 11:35 PM.
    2009-08-11 11:25 PM
    Are you sure you have loaded all the files you need for this to work? I see in the file some reference to files like those for example:
    AppSupport.framework
    Foundation. framework
    libgcc_s.1.dylib
    an more...
    Last edited by zhivkom; 2009-08-11 at 11:43 PM.
    2009-08-11 11:38 PM
    On what version of the OS are you trying all this VirtueDesign?
    2009-08-11 11:41 PM
    A bunch of pages later and you guys still haven't gotten any further than I did. I still think it's impossible, I think the Illegal Instruction error (which I mentioned pages ago, don't know why you think this is a new thing) is voiced trying to execute one of those thumb2 "Instructions" which the 2G/3G CPU doesn't support and therefore it doesn't run. Go ahead and keep trying but I will be surprised if you get past this error
    2009-08-11 11:50 PM
    Are you sure you have loaded all the files you need for this to work? I see in the file some reference to files like those for example:
    AppSupport.framework
    Foundation. framework
    libgcc_s.1.dylib
    an more...
    Already loaded in, what you have on your 3G Handset is enough, I think. otherwise it would have returned an error when I ran MobileTerminal on it.

Nothing is Impossible, just gotta work towards it.

We are nearly there.

Cheers,
    Chris
    2009-08-11 11:54 PM
    Already loaded in, what you have on your 3G Handset is enough, I think. otherwise it would have returned an error when I ran MobileTerminal on it.

Nothing is Impossible, just gotta work towards it.

We are nearly there.

Cheers,
    Chris
    I just hope you're right! You have to be!
    2009-08-11 11:56 PM
    On what version of the OS are you trying all this VirtueDesign?
    iPhone 3G - iPhone OS 3.0.1, Jailbroken with Redsn0w 0.8.

Progress so far. (Hope I have not missed anything).

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Cheers,
    Chris
    Last edited by VirtueDesign; 2009-08-11 at 11:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-08-11 11:57 PM
1,353 ... 311121314152363 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD