yeh.. I have been working on getting the shutter to iphone video recorder for a while now! Also, yxcoder in cydia also has the shutter in its code, just cant figure out what part of the code it is!
    2009-09-03 06:08 AM
    yeh.. I have been working on getting the shutter to iphone video recorder for a while now! Also, yxcoder in cydia also has the shutter in its code, just cant figure out what part of the code it is!
    why dont you contact the creator?
    Follow me on Twitter: EddieLeonard - - - - - - - -If i have helped in anyway at all, Please click the "Thanks!" button
    Stalk me on FaceBook: Eddie Leonard
    2009-09-03 09:17 AM
    why dont we just mod the UI of cycorder so it has shutter and the bottons in the bottom like the 3gs
    2009-09-03 02:09 PM
    Guys, could you please post in the correct thread? I keep madly checking this thread only to find you're talking about a third party video recording app! Agh!!
    2009-09-03 02:17 PM
    For anyone /working/ on porting the voice control of the 3gs to the 3g, you might as well forget about it now. simply copying the frameworks from the 3gs to the 3g (or 2g for that matter) will do nothing. the main reason why this task is so difficult is because the control on the 3gs is hardware dependent. Should you manage to reverse all of the drivers, there is still that issue of rewriting it to not depend on the 3gs's hardware.

a better approach to something like this would be to write a mobile substrate dylib and hook into the springboard. either use a class-dump and IDA pro on one of voice over apps in the appstore, or find an open source voice control program and base your code off of that. if anyone was to put that much effort into getting a working product out of that you could then simply launch a new view after holding the home button for 3 seconds or so and there will be your interface for the mimic app.

this is sort of the same process you would use to try to incorporate video into the older generation camera's. in that case you could simply use cycorder (which is CLOSED source btw) activate that slider button in your m68ap.plist and then change the method of the button so it launches your cycorder/camera.app clone (and vice versa) then mimic the interface of the video on 3gs.

these are the closest you will get to the 3gs's cool new features on the older devices. and just to diminish any questions about the "black and white" effect, that is a live engine that does nothing but invert every color on the device and could never possibly run on the older processor without completely ruining ALL productivity of the phone.
    2009-09-03 02:31 PM
    For anyone /working/ on porting the voice control of the 3gs to the 3g, you might as well forget about it now. simply copying the frameworks from the 3gs to the 3g (or 2g for that matter) will do nothing. the main reason why this task is so difficult is because the control on the 3gs is hardware dependent. Should you manage to reverse all of the drivers, there is still that issue of rewriting it to not depend on the 3gs's hardware.

a better approach to something like this would be to write a mobile substrate dylib and hook into the springboard. either use a class-dump and IDA pro on one of voice over apps in the appstore, or find an open source voice control program and base your code off of that. if anyone was to put that much effort into getting a working product out of that you could then simply launch a new view after holding the home button for 3 seconds or so and there will be your interface for the mimic app.

this is sort of the same process you would use to try to incorporate video into the older generation camera's. in that case you could simply use cycorder (which is CLOSED source btw) activate that slider button in your m68ap.plist and then change the method of the button so it launches your cycorder/camera.app clone (and vice versa) then mimic the interface of the video on 3gs.

these are the closest you will get to the 3gs's cool new features on the older devices. and just to diminish any questions about the "black and white" effect, that is a live engine that does nothing but invert every color on the device and could never possibly run on the older processor without completely ruining ALL productivity of the phone.

Yeah, I kinda figured that it was pretty impossible to put Voice Control on the 3G.. To be perfectly honest, I just want to have video in the native Camera App and the choice to switch from Motion to Still.. Thats it.. I could care less about VC. I'm hearing so many different things about why VC wont run on 3G, but the majority of it is the Hardware. So, yeah.. I agree that VC wont work. Unless Geomazo somehow pulls a miracle outta his ***. Starting to doubt it more and more with each passing day.
    2009-09-03 04:37 PM
    I think there is one reason why the shutter wont work in iphonevideorecorder, because the way they designed it, the shutter is supposed to open up and your suppposed to see what your about to record, but when iphonevideorecorder opens up, you see the videos your recorder already, you dont see what your about to record, so that means.. the shutter has no point to open up, so thats why when I copied over the file to iphonevideorecorder, the shutter didn't open and then it went on with the program, but you still saw the shutter, I am about to try the same thing with cycorder, I think it might work with cycorder, the shutter at least! Also, does anyone know what part of the code of cycorder is the part that has the taskbar on bottom, I would like to change that to the original grey 3gs video taskbar!

another thing about iphonevideorecorder, is that the actual shutter it uses is the white screen, the white screen is its shutter, so the only way to get rid of that is to delete that part from the code using hexedit, that should allow the shutter to work, also, I tried it with cycorder, no go, cycorder is like full proof at not letting you edit stuff, I set permissions too. The last resort I may have to use is the pictures and movies of the iphone shutter opening, which are posted on page 56 for download, follow the instructions in the read me if you want to help out!
    Last edited by ryanandkevin; 2009-09-03 at 06:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-09-03 06:19 PM
    heres the program to compare to codes at one time, for windows only, sorry mac, its a hexeditor, I have also included the files for the shutter, the pics and movie that are on page 56, I have also included the files from genius, for the shutter! The other files, I'll post in a new post, it wont let me upload them all at once!
    Attached Files
    2009-09-03 06:46 PM
    Here you go!

Had to edit, forgot the shutter pics!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ryanandkevin; 2009-09-03 at 06:58 PM.
    2009-09-03 06:49 PM
    Have i to download these files, and replace them all? I am using camera genius...
    2009-09-03 07:09 PM
    no, this is the start to get the shutter to work, this is just a work in progress, you use these files to help figure it out, so far, I can't get the shutter to open in iphonevideorecorder, but it shows up, if you want to try and help get the shutter to open, these are the files you can use to achieve that, or so I think, I can upload the edited info.plist for iphonevideorecorder and then you just add the file mainwindow to the iphonevideorecorder and the plist file, and then you can work from there!
    2009-09-03 08:06 PM
    Heres the edited info.plist file!
    Attached Files
    2009-09-03 08:09 PM
    Ok, thanks, i will look at it...
    2009-09-03 08:15 PM
    also dont forget to set permissions to 0755 or it wont work, for both copied over files, I use icommander from cydia to do this!
    2009-09-03 08:22 PM
    um can u guys make a seperate post about that mod? this is for voice!
    2009-09-04 01:12 AM
    yeah , thanks, there is a vidoe enabling mod right here, just post it there, http://modmyi.com/forums/file-mods/6...-2g-3g-46.html

hye guys look what virtue designe posted on his twitter

LIVE BROADCAST ON: VirtueDesign Live on USTREAM: Official News and Updates from VirtueDesign. www.virtuedesign.co.nz. Conference AT: 10AM Auckland, NZ Time. Voice Control Announcement.
    9:47 AM Aug 31st from web
    Last edited by surfingboy111793; 2009-09-05 at 02:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-09-05 02:27 AM
    yeah , thanks, there is a vidoe enabling mod right here, just post it there, http://modmyi.com/forums/file-mods/6...-2g-3g-46.html

hye guys look what virtue designe posted on his twitter

LIVE BROADCAST ON: VirtueDesign Live on USTREAM: Official News and Updates from VirtueDesign. www.virtuedesign.co.nz. Conference AT: 10AM Auckland, NZ Time. Voice Control Announcement.
    9:47 AM Aug 31st from web

What day is he goig to broadcast this?
    2009-09-05 01:32 PM
    What day is he goig to broadcast this?
    4 days ago posted on twitter and his last appearance there was also 4 days ago so i assume this also happent 4 days ago.
    2009-09-05 01:36 PM
    Lol, whats with all the secrecy and "official announcements" and stuff. Just like Apple except they are just posers
    2009-09-05 02:39 PM
    perfect, just ask geomazo, virtuedesgne and ih8sn0w for what needs to be done, they the modding experts and the head of the project
    I knew all the time, ha ha. Almost there, gonna wait for Official 3.1 to be released, then will crank up this Voice Control, lol.

Cheers,
    Virtue

---------------------------------------------------------------

Support my Business, cause I am doing you a favor:

Spread the word: VirtueDesign: Quality beyond Standard : VirtueDesign : Quality beyond Standard.

I knew all the time, ha ha. Almost there, gonna wait for Official 3.1 to be released, then will crank up this Voice Control, lol.

Cheers,
    Virtue

---------------------------------------------------------------

Support my Business, cause I am doing you a favor:

Spread the word: VirtueDesign: Quality beyond Standard : VirtueDesign : Quality beyond Standard.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT (UPDATE):

I am gonna stay low until i get this Voice Control working perfectly, so, if you don't hear from me, it's cause I am shut away in one of AGISC's Research Laboratories somewhere in the world using their tools to RVE the iPhone 3G from the 3GS and working harder to crack this Voice Control and Accessibility port, it's ok, their my friends =D, so not doing something that could get me in trouble.

So. yeah.

later for now.

Virtue.
    Long Live the Development of true Anti-Gravity Technology: Google Search: AGISC
    Last edited by VirtueDesign; 2009-09-05 at 07:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-09-05 07:20 PM
1,353 ... 33414243444553 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD