well the file im specificially referring to is the "dyld" file within usr/lib/ as that is the only file so far that specifically states armv7 while all others simply just state..arm..cpu with no specific version....will let know once more is found

(it is tiring as..if something doesnt wrk then hav to restore--rejailbreak--readd all files/folder--then continue on) though i guess its worth it!!
    Hey mkblake,

What program did you use to be able to see the 'armv7'?

Thanks heaps! I just want to contribute, but need your help, its TEAMWORK!

Cheers,
    Chris

I have changed the CPU Check to ARM6.

The aim is to load in the 3GS dyld file into the 3G Filesystem.
    Now first off it will not work because it is looking for the 3GS's ARM7 CPU.

So, changing the CPU Check to search for ARM6, should make it work.

Within this dyld will be the connections to the Accessibility and Voice Control files (that is why it shows up blank prior to editing the actual CPU Check File, because there is no connection in the dyld file on the 3G because the Voice Control and Accessibility features are not available, so no need to connect to them).

Hopefully that made sense, it hopefully will work. gonna test it now. Either it's gonna screw up my iPhone (I have already backed up this time =D) or its gonna work and I will package up and upload for you guys to take a look at.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Last edited by VirtueDesign; 2009-08-07 at 09:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-08-07 09:38 PM
    that would be great, thanks chris and mkbalde
    2009-08-07 10:25 PM
    Hey mkblake,

What program did you use to be able to see the 'armv7'?

Thanks heaps! I just want to contribute, but need your help, its TEAMWORK!

Cheers,
    Chris

I have changed the CPU Check to ARM6.

The aim is to load in the 3GS dyld file into the 3G Filesystem.
    Now first off it will not work because it is looking for the 3GS's ARM7 CPU.

So, changing the CPU Check to search for ARM6, should make it work.

Within this dyld will be the connections to the Accessibility and Voice Control files (that is why it shows up blank prior to editing the actual CPU Check File, because there is no connection in the dyld file on the 3G because the Voice Control and Accessibility features are not available, so no need to connect to them).

Hopefully that made sense, it hopefully will work. gonna test it now. Either it's gonna screw up my iPhone (I have already backed up this time =D) or its gonna work and I will package up and upload for you guys to take a look at.

Cheers,
    Chris
    that sounds gr8...thoug lets first test it
    and i just used IDA Pro Advanced v5.2 [Interactive Disassembler] and also a Hex-Editor

Hex-Editor is hence--its name h/w more simpler to understand than IDA which is very complex--yet very helpful!!
    2009-08-07 10:31 PM
    that sounds gr8...thoug lets first test it
    and i just used IDA Pro Advanced v5.2 [Interactive Disassembler] and also a Hex-Editor

Hex-Editor is hence--its name h/w more simpler to understand than IDA which is very complex--yet very helpful!!
    I tried the modified 'dyld' file, apparently it has several dependencies attached to it, so upon placing it in the 3G Filesystem it seeks out other files which do not exist, this could be the cause of it reaching the Apple logo then rebooting.

What I am guessing is that other files in the Filesystem is checking the CPU, which means we may need to do a complete filesystem find and replace, replacing 'armv7' with 'armv6', then copy it across to the 3G. Now as for the Magnetometer, it will search for this Hardware, and if it cannot find it, CRASH!

Try another method, this seems to be getting quite complex, there must be some way of activating Voice Control.

What do you think?

Cheers,
    Chris
    2009-08-08 12:00 AM
    I hexed into all the files required for voice control and changed their cpu subtype from 000009 to 000006 and then put them all on my phone. As reported by consultadrone, the files ran without the CPU error, BUT I could not get vot to run without having a bus error. On reboot, the phone would camp at the logo, but USB and SSH both were working. I found that if i SSH'd in and disabled the application signing check, the phone would boot immediately, but would then get in a springboard-safemode reboot loop until it finally rebooted altogether. I am going to get around to signing all the edited files on my macbook with ldid and testing again, but for now, thats as far as I have gotten.
    2009-08-08 12:34 AM
    I hexed into all the files required for voice control and changed their cpu subtype from 000009 to 000006 and then put them all on my phone. As reported by consultadrone, the files ran without the CPU error, BUT I could not get vot to run without having a bus error. On reboot, the phone would camp at the logo, but USB and SSH both were working. I found that if i SSH'd in and disabled the application signing check, the phone would boot immediately, but would then get in a springboard-safemode reboot loop until it finally rebooted altogether. I am going to get around to signing all the edited files on my macbook with ldid and testing again, but for now, thats as far as I have gotten.
    Can you upload the Modified Voice Control files you have so far.
    Would very much like to take a look at them.

Now, if you do manage to get the Voice Control fully working, can you please upload all files when you are done.

I am having a bit of trouble enabling Voice Control, you sound like your on track.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Last edited by VirtueDesign; 2009-08-08 at 12:51 AM.
    2009-08-08 12:43 AM
    ^i agree--plz upload or just tell us the offsets at which u changed 000009 to 000006 ? thnx!
    2009-08-08 12:48 AM
    I'll upload in a bit, let me try to get it running at least as far as consultadrone claims to have it running lol
    2009-08-08 01:21 AM
    I'll upload in a bit, let me try to get it running at least as far as consultadrone claims to have it running lol
    Ok, how far off do you expect? I have nothing to do today so keen to take a look at this stuff you have modified. also provide instructions on what you did to get it working.

Thanks Heaps Man! Much Appreciated!

Can't wait to get Voice Control working on my iPhone.

Cheers,
    Chris
    2009-08-08 01:24 AM
    ^i remember him saying adding the "Frameworks" & "PrivateFrameworks" folder in Syste/Library...however Im not sure because replacing that can CERTAINLY cause apple boot logo...*restore*...however whenever ur rdy its gr8 and also im trying to same thing by changing the values to math armv6..
    2009-08-08 01:25 AM
    I'm having issues signing the apps, might be a 3.0 issue... anyone have any ldid experience on 3.0?
    2009-08-08 01:28 AM
    I'm having issues signing the apps, might be a 3.0 issue... anyone have any ldid experience on 3.0?
    Can you please upload the files to MegaUpload now thanks.
    I am heading out for the weekend, will have no internet access. Would like to spend that time looking over the files.

Please upload now.

Don't worry about the signing yet, can you email me the files now?
    [email protected]

I will try the Signing myself.

Thanks!

Can you please upload the files to MegaUpload now thanks.
    I am heading out for the weekend, will have no internet access. Would like to spend that time looking over the files.

Please upload now.

Don't worry about the signing yet, can you email me the files now?
    [email protected]

I will try the Signing myself.

Thanks!
    I'll attempt the signing myself. But I need the files you have before I can proceed.

Just zip them up and email them to me:
    [email protected]

Cheers,
    Chris
    Last edited by VirtueDesign; 2009-08-08 at 01:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-08-08 01:42 AM
    if u r having prblms...then might i suggest u refer to this documentation:
    iPhone Development Guide: Running Applications

It should cover ur q's!

And also might we get a screenshot or of some type of relief and could u upload the files when u r all set or if u want to upload as is now then thats fine 2!

Props 2 U if u get this goin!!

***EDIT:So I tried hexing it and did it to all voice-control related files. H/E, I get the following message when trying to execute it...*** Any suggestions??
    Attached Thumbnails [Project] Enable Voice Control on iPhone 3G-capture.jpg  
    Last edited by mkblade; 2009-08-08 at 02:19 AM.
    2009-08-08 01:52 AM
    I figured out how to sign the apps, heres what I have learned.

voiced will not run, even signed. It has an Illegal Instruction error. This causes VoiceOverTouch (vot) to have a Bus Error.

libAccessibility.dylib causes the iPhone to go into a Safemode restart loop.

Both of these files are crucial to VoiceOverTouch.

I think that the reason they don't work is because they may use the new thumb2 instructions that are included in the new cpus for the 3Gs. As such, they will not run on 2g or 3g unless those instructions are changed to the compatible one for the armv6. Another possibility is that we are missing dylibs that VoiceServices.framework requires.

So... we are stuck for now

*Edit*

I don't have com.apple.voiceover.enabled.launchd, and the file that is linked earlier is empty, both in a text editor and a hex editor, so I assume its fake. This could be the problem

*Further Edit*

I'm starting to think consultadrone is full of ****

*Final Edit*

Here's some information about the thumb2 instructions http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/f201/76966.htm

Here's the files, they should all be signed, but realize that Voice Control will not work, and your phone will not boot with VoiceServices.framework and libAccessibility.dylib on the phone http://www.filefactory.com/file/ah0f...ce_Control_rar

Just in case the files aren't signed, here is the correct process for ldid

1. Make sure you have ldid. Try "ldid -s whatever". It should give you some error other than unknown command. If you get unknown command go to step 2. Otherwise go to step 3.

2. To get ldid, type "apt-get ldid"

3. Navigate to the file that needs to be signed, this would be vot, VoiceServices, voiced, etc.

4. type "ldid -s file" replacing file with the file that needs to be signed, for example vot

5. type "killall SpringBoard"
    Last edited by slizekalfer; 2009-08-08 at 04:43 AM.
    2009-08-08 03:27 AM
    thnx will let u kno after any progress made..
    2009-08-08 04:49 AM
    slizekalfer
    could you be a little more specific on what the bus error Is what exactly does it say when you try to run vot cuz it could be something as simple as the 3g mic is mounted at mc0 and the 3gs mic is mounted at mic1 "THATS JUST AN EXAMPLE" I donot know the actuall values but will look into it and hopefully it's just a simple error like that
    2009-08-08 05:25 AM
    It says "Bus error" nothing else. Executing voiced has the error "Illegal Instruction". I think that causes the Bus Error because the Bus Error doesn't occur until voiced is signed
    2009-08-08 05:33 AM
    ok...rereading through everything in both threads about voice-control...i noticed that consultadrone had simply recompiled the binaries (vot..voiced..etc.) to enable it on armv6 also...so any1 out there with the iPhone SDK (obviously a mac 2) who could actually do this...??
    I would love to h/e Im a PC.. so not much I can do with SDK..

EDIT: slizekalfer..it seems u forgot the folder "UIAccessibility" which is located in PrivateFrameworks as well...just letting u know not sure if the errors could be related to this or not!

2NDEDIT: The code signing seems to be not wrking 4 me...tried the method but getting error..unless if im doing it wrng (which I bet is the reason)
    Last edited by mkblade; 2009-08-08 at 05:42 PM.
    2009-08-08 06:11 AM
    1. Make sure you have ldid. Try "ldid -s whatever". It should give you some error other than unknown command. If you get unknown command go to step 2. Otherwise go to step 3.

2. To get ldid, type "apt-get ldid"

3. Navigate to the file that needs to be signed, this would be vot, VoiceServices, voiced, etc.

4. type "ldid -s file" replacing file with the file that needs to be signed, for example vot

5. type "killall SpringBoard"
    Hi Slizekalfer,

How do I do step 1, I just downloaded 'ldid', can you post instruction on how to get me setup for Signing the files vot, VoiceServices, voiced, etc.

Thanks Heaps!

Cheers,
    Chris

*EDIT*

If the apps are not showing up signed, is that hinted by showing the Name 'S{PRODUCT_NA....' etc, on the Springboard.
    I am not going to place the 'Accessibility.dylib' and 'VoiceServices.framework' stuff on my iPhone as you said it would screw it up, I do not want that happening again. Any ideas one how we could fix this problem?
    Last edited by VirtueDesign; 2009-08-09 at 01:06 AM.
    2009-08-09 12:58 AM
    Idid can be found by searching through cydia and the is also an article on the cydia home page about signing files and the like
    2009-08-09 01:16 AM
1,353 ... 456781656 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD