Just read this thread and using the latest version of Backgrounder, it not longer lets Mail App stay in the background.

Just run the Backgrounder app (installed via Cydia) and remove Mail from Overide apps.
    2010-05-17 09:36 PM
    Hey fubaya...I am using your iKill app but MobileMail app closes then immediately reopens. I also added MobilePhone to the list in the killer.sh file and the Phone app is doing the same thing. Ipod and safari works fine and quits as should. Any ideas?
    I know you didnít ask me but Ö

Take the phone app of the script list, its pointless, you wont be able to shut it off unless in Airplane mode Ö also I am pretty sure you donít have your mail set to manual. To do this go to Setting => Mail, Contact, Calendar => Fetch New Data and change everything to manual, each account and turn off Push feature.
    2010-05-19 10:49 PM
    Just read this thread and using the latest version of Backgrounder, it not longer lets Mail App stay in the background.

Just run the Backgrounder app (installed via Cydia) and remove Mail from Overide apps.
    I know you didnít ask me but Ö

Take the phone app of the script list, its pointless, you wont be able to shut it off unless in Airplane mode Ö also I am pretty sure you donít have your mail set to manual. To do this go to Setting => Mail, Contact, Calendar => Fetch New Data and change everything to manual, each account and turn off Push feature.
    I had just restored my 8GB iphone 2G 3.1.2. I have not even setup any MAIL accounts at all. Set up everything for NonPush, Manual etc.

I only use my Data occassional for Facebook access as my Data here is expensive in India.

Mail still keeps popping up. (Even after the Backgrounder disabling).
    2010-06-11 09:28 PM
    I had just restored my 8GB iphone 2G 3.1.2. I have not even setup any MAIL accounts at all. Set up everything for NonPush, Manual etc.

I only use my Data occassional for Facebook access as my Data here is expensive in India.

Mail still keeps popping up. (Even after the Backgrounder disabling).
    I suggest this.

http://modmyi.com/forums/file-mods/7...mail-ipod.html
    2010-06-11 10:12 PM
    Its funny how you guys want to disable mail. I am having an issue that I want it enabled lol. Everytime I reboot its there running with push etc but if I check my mail and then close the icon via the multi task bar in ios4 it kills mail off in memory and it never runs again until I check mail so push won't work.
    2010-08-27 08:38 PM
    I would just get backgrounder and set it to close every time. Is there a reason no one else has suggested this or did I just miss it?

Nevermind, I missed it.
    Last edited by Suevans; 2010-08-29 at 04:33 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-08-29 04:33 AM
    I am having this issue in iPhone 4 4.2.1. I remember installing some thingy that prevented them from running on my previous iPhone 2G 3.1.2.

Can the same be done here?
    2011-06-04 05:34 PM
    I am having this issue in iPhone 4 4.2.1. I remember installing some thingy that prevented them from running on my previous iPhone 2G 3.1.2.

Can the same be done here?
    I am sure that there are PLENTY of people that will tell you this, tell you that BUT, this thing is THE S#IT !!!!! Use it

http://modmyi.com/forums/file-mods/6...ml#post5078435
    2011-06-04 08:35 PM
    Using iPhone Browser: On the left pane there is a file tree.

Go to Applications -> Mobilemail.app

Rename Mobilemap.app to something like Mobilemailx.app (something different from the original name)

Click on Mobilemail.app (or whatever the new name of the folder is) and on the right pane there will be a listing of files in that folder.

Right click on Info.plist and click Save As, save it to your desktop or something. Open it in a text editor like Notepad.

Find the phrase <key>CFBundleIdentifier</key> and after it there should be something that says <string>com.apple.mobilemail</string>

Replace mobilemail with mobilemailx or whatever the new name you chose for mobilemail.app is. Save the file and drag it over the original Info.plist file in iPhone Browser. The program will replace the original file while making a backup in its default backup folder, which you can see by going to File -> View Backup Files

Re-spring your phone and it should work. You will notice that Mail is now called Mobilemailx or whatever the new name you chose was. I went to Cydia and downloaded an app called Rename to change the displayed app name in Springboard back to Mail. If you can't find this app on Cydia you will need to add http://iphone.org.hk/apt/ to your sources and then it should show up.

-------

Mail no longer opens when I view contact info or look up addresses in Maps, which means contact and address info loads much quicker and more RAM is available. However it also no longer allows me to email people directly from my contacts list and it probably won't hook to email addresses for locations in Maps. Personally this doesn't bug me because I can just copy-paste the email address into Mail by myself, but it's worth keeping in mind.

This is really just a simple workaround until someone who is much more savvy than me figures out how to block the underlying hook that is opening mail in the first place. By renaming the app to something else the watchdog that opens Mobilemail.app (some people just refer to it as mail.app) will not be able to find the newly-named mail program and therefore will be unable to open Mail.

Hope that helps. And thanks to pablogiorgini for posting the hack

Thanks alot buddy, it worked like a charm. The only thing i noted is after this hack, after rebooting still my Mail app shows as "Mail" its not showing the new name. Nevertheless im not bothered how it shows its name

Cheers
    2011-07-20 06:29 PM
    works perfect on ios 5.1.1 I tried to include sparrow - but there must be something wrong

killall /FBD06A03-1617-4B35-8F22-3FC0A72FF725/Sparrow.app/Sparrow 2&>/dev/null

whats wrong?
    2012-07-15 07:48 PM
70 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD