has anyone firgured out how to get the sms background working for 3.0 i already know about changing the file path of the sms bubbles but im trying to find out if anyone has figured it out for the background yet
    2009-08-06 11:00 PM
    Nope, still not supported for 3.0
    2009-08-06 11:35 PM
    found a way now download setwallpaper from cydia when you go to set your wallpaper the normal way there will be two i's on your screen click the left one for SMS backgroudn it hink the right is for your homescreen and then normaly set background is for lock screen
    2009-08-15 09:15 AM
    found a way now download setwallpaper from cydia when you go to set your wallpaper the normal way there will be two i's on your screen click the left one for SMS backgroudn it hink the right is for your homescreen and then normaly set background is for lock screen
    While this does work, please note that it does turn on SpringBoard icon text.

Sadly the theme I'm using usually makes that text transparent, but for some reason it's overriding this currently, and I don't understand the language that the app is written.

Any help in figuring out how to modify this would be greatly appreciated.

[EDIT]
    Additional note: This does not theme the background in biteSMS if you enter it from the SpringBoard. Interesting thing that I thought noteworthy.
    [/EDIT]
    2009-08-17 04:25 PM
    Yes you can change SMS background with setwallpaper aplication but still not possible to do it with themes...You can also go to private/var, than mobile/library and copy ur favorite background there, rename it to SMSBackground.jpg or png...Thats it for now...
    2009-08-18 03:51 AM
    Yes you can change SMS background with setwallpaper aplication but still not possible to do it with themes...You can also go to private/var, than mobile/library and copy ur favorite background there, rename it to SMSBackground.jpg or png...Thats it for now...
    So your saying that you can put a .png file in the SMS app and change the background? Have you tried this method because it didn't work for me.
    2009-08-18 04:13 AM
    Yes, it works, just rename background you like to SMSBackground.jpg, copy to private/var/mobile/library...it should work...If not add source: Edit Poseidon: This sources has warez. Not allowed!, download setwallpaper and go to your photos choose set as wallpaper than change it clicking left i (for sms back, right one is for regular wallpaper...
    Last edited by Poseidon79; 2009-08-18 at 06:21 PM.
    2009-08-18 05:12 AM
    So your saying that you can put a .png file in the SMS app and change the background? Have you tried this method because it didn't work for me.
    no, theres a thing called setwallpaper that you have to download, its an extension of the normal wallpaper setting in settings, but you choose the photo you want as your SMS background and click the left "i" that appears next to "Move and Scale"
    2009-08-18 05:53 PM
    Warez??? I didn't have any problems...Sorry if anyone else does...

[quote=atomarts;4914005]Yes, it works, just rename background you like to SMSBackground.jpg, copy to private/var/mobile/library...it should work...If not add source: Edit Poseidon: This sources has warez. Not allowed!, download setwallpaper and go to your photos choose set as wallpaper than change it clicking left i (for sms back, right one is for regular wallpaper...
    2009-08-18 10:07 PM
    Warez??? I didn't have any problems...Sorry if anyone else does...

The reason it was removed is the site is know for warez ((which means cracked or pirated))
    Thx for the heads up tho.
    2009-08-18 10:14 PM
    After a cydia update today, my SMS backgroud change worked. I forgot I used a cydia app to change it... until I just looked at it and realized the cydia update must have made it work now!
    2009-08-22 04:18 AM
    Winterboard was updated this morning
    2009-08-22 04:31 AM
    Winterboard was updated this morning
    updated as in, now we just add SMSBackground.png to a theme and it works?
    2009-08-22 04:59 AM
    Yep
    2009-08-22 05:01 AM
    I wish I could thank you a million more times

where I put it, I can't get it to work
    2009-08-22 05:08 AM
    Use a 480x480 image or it gets funky in landscape mode
    So long, and thanks for all the fish
    2009-08-22 05:21 AM
    I wish I could thank you a million more times

where I put it, I can't get it to work
    Just put it in your theme folder named SMSBackground.png and yes the image needs to be 480x480 to work in landscape.
    2009-08-22 05:26 AM
    ^ +1
    2009-08-22 05:27 AM
    haha, i feel dumb, i had to reinstall cydia a day ago, so it didn't know i had winterboard install. oops
    2009-08-22 05:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD