jailbroken w/ 3.0

Is there a way to have any Windows PC recognize the iphone as a normal flash drive with drag and drop file storage.

I know of DiskAid and such but I need to work on multiple computers and installing a 3rd party software on all of them is impossible. Also, most of these computers have no Wi-FI access so all the apps that work on wi-fi are out as well.

Just looking for something as simple as using a $10 flash drive on a $400 gadget. Ridiculous that it should be this hard.

I HAVE searched and searched for days now and found nothing. Any help would be great appreciated and thanks in advance
    2009-08-09 07:13 PM
    That is EASY! No App required!

If you connect the iPhone to a PC NOT!!! having iTunes installed => the PC installs drivers and the iPhone shows up as a separate disk/place!

This disk/place remains present even when later installing iTunes.

Hope that helps!
    2009-08-09 09:48 PM
    2sursture: Yes it can be connected without iunes installed, bu t it shows up like Camera ONLY! It means you can download photos from iphone, but you cannot write to it and you cannot access any other folders than 100APPLE...
    2009-08-09 11:26 PM
    Ok so there is no way to accomplish my goal either via Windows or some app for the iPhone?
    2009-08-10 01:47 AM
    I don't believe so. I have been looking for an app like this for a while and I do not believe anyone has developed one.
    2009-08-11 05:47 AM
    Maybe you can use iphone_tunnnel.exe and map this as a remote drive in windows...just an idea
    2009-08-11 12:49 PM
    sorry - forgot to tell ya that you need to change the file name and add ".jpg" at the end to trick the iPhone in to accepting almost any file to be stored.

(thus it should be quite simple to write a prog to handle it...)

Hope that helps ya
    2009-08-22 07:40 PM
    OMG.. I am telling you it doesn't work. You cannot write to it iphone in no case without jailbreak and external program which supports it (WinSCP, DiskAid etc...)! It doesn't matter if you change extension to any type. You can only download photos, nothing more...
    Last edited by K0ld4; 2009-08-24 at 09:45 AM.
    2009-08-24 09:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD