Does anyone know how to enable timestamps for all messages sent and received through SMS? I'm not even sure what the current is maybe like every 15-30mins? i'd greatly appreciate the help if anyone knows! Thanks!
    2009-10-05 04:10 AM
    As far as I am aware there is no option as such to do this, but what an excellent idea for a mod to the messages application! Anyone?
    2009-10-05 05:10 AM
    BiteSMS does it if you doubletap the message.
    2009-10-05 05:19 AM
    BiteSMS does it if you doubletap the message.
    but biteSMS is a separate app right?
    2009-10-05 08:09 PM
    Yes; I was just letting you know in case you were also willing to use different programs.
    2009-10-05 11:37 PM
    Yes; I was just letting you know in case you were also willing to use different programs.
    It would be hard to ask his girlfriend to use a different app so he can monitor her sms activity easier...j/k

Right, but timestamp is only useful for sms monitoring...lol
    2009-10-05 11:51 PM
    Spotsms does this when you search for SMS. I'm sure there is a way to implement it in the stock SMS app. All the info is there, just need to figure out a way to call for it.
    2009-10-06 09:41 AM
    I would also be interested in this.

No one knows how to do this yet?
    2009-10-15 07:30 AM
    I just wanted to throw out that I think this is a brilliant idea that I hope someone is able to discover. I had tried to find the code within the Messages.app briefly when 3.0 came out, but I was unable to get anywhere from there
    2009-10-15 07:41 AM
    Has anyone had any luck with this yet? I've been searching everywhere.
    2010-04-15 04:14 AM
    what's wrong with jsut getting bite sms it's a way better appt han the messages app, and now it's free, if you don't mind adds. i'm sure there are other methods of getting it free which can not be discussed hah or you could support and pay for it it is the most amazing app for sms ever you will not regret it
    2010-04-17 12:20 AM
    if i were him, i would rather use my native messaging app. the only extra app i use for doing things my phone should do is cycorder as the 3G still doesnt have that
    2010-04-17 12:38 AM
    no way bitesms is natie messaging app plus a million better things i hate syncing my phone and not being able to reply to a text i got because it would cancel the sync, which can sometimes last forever. with bitesms you can reply, and generate texts from the lockscreen, same goes for any app you can be in anything and text without leaving the app it's amazing. you can set a text to send at a certain time, i used it as a reminder once set it to send me a text a couple days later to remind me to do something and it worked :P
    2010-04-17 12:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD