IMPORTANT: That works for 1.1.3/4 and will probably work for lower versions, but there is an easier method for eveything UNDER 1.1.3 which is available HERE!

Launch Term-vt100 which is available via Installer.app

Press enter to get your login prompt, then type root for login and alpine for password, unless you changed it now you are logged in and you will need to type the following:
    Code:
    cd /Applications
    press enter

I choose to fix the permissions for Insomnia.app so I wrote the file names for it, but what you will need to type is:
    Code:
    chmod -R 755 Insomnia.app/insomnia
    and then press enter

(Instead of "Insomnia" you will write the name of the folder and file.

If that appears, you are fine.

If anything else appears, you have done something wrong! Go back and try it again, CAPS are necessary here, you must write it the way it is written!

Type exit and enjoy your latest App
    2008-03-16 03:19 AM
    i tried to use this method to get Ilog to work and nothing happend i kept gettin a no such file name message can csomeone hekp my dumb self out pleaseeee !
    2008-03-16 05:14 AM
    try code:

Code:
    chmod 4755 /Applications/iLog.app/ilog
    im not sure how the application is written, you need to make sure that all capitalized letters are capitalized and type as it is
    2008-03-16 05:16 AM
    Try this: How to Change Permissions for the Whole App Folder:
    Go to Term-vt100 > alpine (return) > type: chmod -R 755 /Applications/*
    If you typed this, then nothing happens, then you’ve done it correctly.
    Exit Term-vt100

Hope it Helps
    MacGirl iPhone v1.1.4 w/ T-Mobile
    ░▒▓█ MMS In/Out ► Yes/Yes
    ░▒▓█ iSMS In/Out ► Yes/Yes
    ░▒▓█ WiFi/EDGE ► Yes
    ░▒▓█ YouTube App ► Yes
    2008-03-23 11:43 AM
    i need help to change permission in MEDIA folder..

can i use this TERM-vt100?

Im trying to install POCKETGUITAR and this MEDIA folder is protected.

i need step by step instruction.

thanks

iphone 1.1.4
    2008-03-24 01:06 AM
    yea, then change the root, instead of going to /Applications/ you can navigate to wherever u want
    2008-03-24 01:12 AM
    this is my first time ever trying stuff like this and i enter root and alpine as login and password, respectively, but it keeps saying login incorrect on the term-vt100. how do i sign in or change my login and password.
    2008-04-03 07:21 PM
    not hard
    2008-04-05 07:45 AM
    I have done exactly step by step (both) as instructed by Tomer and BeckssGirl, still couldn't get the CallD application to work..

What could be wrong here? Any help would be greatly appreciate it! TIA!
    2008-04-24 05:01 AM
    I have done exactly step by step (both) as instructed by Tomer and BeckssGirl, still couldn't get the CallD application to work..

What could be wrong here? Any help would be greatly appreciate it! TIA!
    The problem is that CallD is broken and will not work correctly until the developer fixes it.

You can fudge it with symlinks.

in terminal, as root, do this

Code:
    cd /var/root/Library
    rm -rf AddressBook CallHistory
    ln -s ../../mobile/Library/AddressBook
    ln -s ../../mobile/Library/CallHistory
    2008-04-28 02:57 AM
    I'm trying to change the permissions, but its giving me Operation Not Permitted?
    2008-05-11 05:08 PM
    i installed vterm and when i open it i get the $ prompt and i hit enter and it just gives me a new $ prompt what am i doing wrong?
    2008-05-14 10:25 AM
    I just use BossPrefs
    16GB iPhone 4
    160GB Black iPod Classic

Sold
    16GB iPhone 3GS
    60GB iPod Classic
    80GB iPod Classic

Broke
    120GB iPod Classic
    16GB iPhone
    2008-05-14 03:32 PM
    Help!!!ok so when I SSH I use root alpine but with term-vt100 it says invalid usr. Or pass. Help!!!
    2008-05-15 11:37 PM
    GREAT THREAD! Helped me a lot! THANKS!
    2008-05-25 10:17 AM
    I've been looking for this fix for Customize, does anybody know the code for it
    2008-05-26 08:55 PM
    I've been looking for this fix for Customize, does anybody know the code for it
    Try this code using terminal for old customize.

/bin/chmod -R 755 /Applications/Customize.app

HIT ENTER
    /bin/chmod +s /Applications/Customize.app/Customize

HIT ENTER

Give me thanks if it works!
    2008-05-28 04:36 PM
    You are alright

You know what worked for me was installing SUID Lib Fix in Tweaks 1.1.4. After I did that it worked wonders for me! I really think that they need a pop up window that tells the user that SUID Lib Fix needs to be installed for Customize to work, you know how they do when the program you want needs a specific runtime or something. Give me thanks if it works for you.
    Last edited by shonjohn1000; 2008-05-29 at 12:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-05-29 12:37 AM
    i installed vterm and when i open it i get the $ prompt and i hit enter and it just gives me a new $ prompt what am i doing wrong?
    Okay, I have the same problem. I'm running 1.1.4: first I tried MobileFinder and Squid, but obviously couldn't change the file permissions.

Then I installed Terminal, however I never got the root password prompt: just dollar signs.

Whenever I try to execute a command I get the "operation permission denied"

Can someone help me?!!

I'm using AFP (which CyberDuck apparently doesn't support)! What do I do!!!!!

(Mac 10.5)
    2008-06-01 09:58 AM
    i have installed this term-vt100 version svn278, but it appear as Terminal on summerboard.

once i go into this terminal. it says :
    last login : (date, time) on ttyp0
    Desmond's iPhone:~mobile$

so there is no prompt for me to enter alpine. i did in fact type the chmod xxxx, it bring me back to the prompt, but then when i check again on the permission with finder, it says 493. use squid to check again, it says 493(755). may i ask why is the case? how come i wasn't ask to key in the password

i have installed this term-vt100 version svn278, but it appear as Terminal on summerboard.

once i go into this terminal. it says :
    last login : (date, time) on ttyp0
    Desmond's iPhone:~mobile$

so there is no prompt for me to enter alpine. i did in fact type the chmod xxxx, it bring me back to the prompt, but then when i check again on the permission with finder, it says 493. use squid to check again, it says 493(755). may i ask why is the case? how come i wasn't ask to key in the password
    Last edited by uniquexme; 2008-07-02 at 08:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-07-02 08:24 AM
22 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD