User Tag List

I have been following some tuts about ssh with my iDevice. One tut says install openssh, another says automatic ssh, and another teaches to install both. I managed to establish the connection, that is not the problem. I just really want to know what the differences(having either OpenSSH or AutoSSH, or having both)are? And whether one is " slightly safer" than the other (regarding to the worm-attacks)? (I know that using USB is the safest)

cheers
    2009-12-30 04:30 PM
    Well openssh is the main one. Automatic ssh is a addon to it that makes ssh always on which helps u out in most cases. Like when ur phone is stuck in a boot loop u can access ssh and then backup files or try and fix it
    2009-12-30 04:32 PM
    Ok! But arent we suppose to always close SSH when we are not using it? So with SSH always ON, arent we increasing the risk of attack?

I at first thought automatic ssh was to RE-connect a disconnected connection (SSH enabled by me with the toggle).

So to check if I hear you correctly, i think you mean that with automatic SSH I can get into my idevice which got stuck in a boot loop DURING AN ALREADY ESTABLISHED SSH SESSION, right?

Or are you really saying that, when my iphone is stuck in a bootloop, spontaneously, and SSH is disabled, I might still get to the files in my iphone as automatic ssh is always on? If so, automatic ssh would be a life-saver and increased vulnerability at the same time.
    2009-12-30 07:45 PM
    Yep openssh has saved many iPhone fromrestoring. And tostop attacks. Jus lt change root password
    2009-12-30 08:00 PM