I have to take my iPhone into the Apple Store tomorrow for a display issue. I'd like to hide my jailbreak icons and disable SBSettings. I was hoping to leave SSH on and unload the sbsettings plist file, but it looks like that plist file in /System/Library/LaunchDaemons doesn't do what I want.

I'm worried that sbsettings is a SpringBoard hack and can't be disabled on the fly. But, if I uninstall it, I'll have to uninstall a bunch of other related packages.

Armed with SSH (and I am a CLI expert), can I disable sbsettings and come back in and reenable it later?
    2010-04-01 07:17 AM
    Depending on what they are gonna do. When I had bubbles in my screen they didn't hook it up at all the their system and asked if they may look at the settings on it then took it back to replace the glass.

The other time I had dust under the screen they hooked it up to the pc and then just replaced the whole thing. So Apple stores are very hit and miss on issues.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]
    2010-04-01 07:28 AM
    A buddy of mine is a Genius so I'm not worried about them swapping it out. Can sbsettings be disabled?
    2010-04-01 05:31 PM
    SwapMode in Cydia. Disables all MS extensions, including sbsettings. Only thing is that it disables hiding apps via libhide or poof

To disable sbsettings, go to /Library/MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibraries/ and Change sbsettings.dylib to sbsettings.disabled (for reference)

Or install rockapp, and you can disable any extensions through the manage > manage extensions
    Last edited by Imahottguy; 2010-04-02 at 08:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-04-02 08:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
We have updated our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. Please check them out.