View Poll Results: Possible or not ?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES!

74 83.15%
  • no..

15 16.85%
    Is there anyway to change the Home screen wallpaper without Winterboard or anyother app?
    iOS 4 does it default on iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4
    2010-07-19 05:03 PM
    if this becomes completly possible it would be an amazing thing
    2010-09-06 05:51 AM
    thread revival...

for someone like me, this seems to make more sense as all i really use winterboard for are to remove the docked/undocked labels because using Five-Column springboard condenses everything so much, you can't make out some of the longer names if they are placed together on the springboard.

i also use Shrink to make my icons smaller.

i do NOT like theming icons (except changing the bitesms icon to the stock messages icon).

i also theme other things within bitesms, for example, the popup ui images do not theme in bitesms because it has its own within the bitesms.app folder for landscape mode in QR/QC.

for small things like this, not using winterboard would be the best bet since, there aren't very many images to edit... now, when you start getting into theming things like the statusbar battery or lockscreen battery, where there are a metric BUTT TON of images to edit, just to accomplish a simple thing gets old.

i will be doing this on my iPhone4 on 4.1 jb'ed with pwnagetool, i will post results just for "sh1ts and grins"
    2012 B8 Audi //S4
    -Cliff
    [CENTER]DISCLAIMER: ASSUME THE ABOVE WAS POSTED AS A SMART A55 COMMENT UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED
    2010-10-23 04:46 AM
    So in theory I could change all of apple's dull/dated grey look menus? Say the settings app for example, change the grey background to black? Is that possible to do in a way that when opened, the default grey doesn't show before changing to the desired colour?
    2011-05-14 06:48 PM
    Thread revival:
    Ok, I was looking around and saw this. I have graviboard on my ipod and the dock icons fal on top of the dock while the normal icons fall behind it/

There is a solution, transparent dock and wallpaper w doc image that the user sets w phptos or settings (ie. iPhone displays it, not interboard)
    Last edited by colejohnson66; 2011-07-01 at 08:07 AM.
    2011-05-25 02:36 AM
    Is there anyway to change the Home screen wallpaper without Winterboard or anyother app?
    It is a cpbitmap

So in theory I could change all of apple's dull/dated grey look menus? Say the settings app for example, change the grey background to black? Is that possible to do in a way that when opened, the default grey doesn't show before changing to the desired colour?
    It is UIPinstripes in the uikit, you need winterboard if this proj fails

i also dont use winterboard and would like to change font colour without it i will have a look around today
    Cant
    Last edited by colejohnson66; 2011-07-01 at 05:55 AM.
    2011-07-01 05:53 AM
    the problem with that, and most likely the reason people havent made something like that is because it is very complicated, and it makes it much more difficult to have multiple themes and switch between them, you would only be able to have one theme at a time, it is possible, because on my earlier devices ive themed them like that, however on 4.2 or 4.3 idk which one, they changed some things, such as the background, you cant change a background by placing an image where the default wallpaper is stored because the wallpaper is saved as an image, youd have to set the image that you want as the wallpaper through your camera roll, i do agree that its a great idea, and that it is possible with a lot of work, and it would save a lot on ram
    2011-07-07 06:18 PM
    If what i understan is correct, you basically want to just ssh theme, instead of with winterboard.
    I've been ssh theming since i got my iphone 2g, so i know quite a bit about it. Up to ios 3, there was this program called iphoneshop that allowed to edit the other.artwork file un uikit. In ios 4, there's shared.artwork~[idevicename] and no iphoneshop that supported it. Do you think it's possible to recode iphoneshop or code a new one for ios 4?
    2011-07-08 01:39 AM
    I've been looking around and found a few things that could contribute to this.
    I found something that has been used for previous .artwork files (and it was done on an iPhone4 [edit]: it was an iPhone simulator) which is the UIKit Artwork Extractor on Github.
    Using this could make it so much easier to edit the UI files and you can see how it's .

Unfortunately, I don't think this works anymore... which is where I found iOS Artwork Extractor to replace this and it currently works for iOS 2.0.0, 2.2.0, 3.2.0, 4.1.0, 4.2.1, and 4.3.2 artwork files.
    It uses Python, and for some reason I can't install it on my computer so if anyone else can try it, then it's highly suggested. It seems to work with all the contributing users.
    The older Java version (iPhoneShop) no longer works. It would return

c:\B>java -jar iPhoneshop-0.6.jar ARTWORK Shared~iphone.artwork export ./pngs/
    Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unsupported artwork type
    at ee.rumba.iPhoneShop.artwork.Artwork.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at ee.rumba.iPhoneShop.artwork.Main.main(Unknown Source)
    at ee.rumba.iPhoneShop.iPhoneShop.main(Unknown Source)
    Someone said that by doing this, it would be impossible to set different themes easily and quickly and it would be one theme only.
    If we were able to generate themes by replacing .artwork files, it would be a lot faster and most likely, we would find themes completely redone and mastered.

So the idea for that? Make an application for Linux/Mac/Windows, and possibly even iOS, which is like SkinStudio by StarDock (edits WindowBlinds files).
    It'll have the default UI when you load the application and it'll act as a virtual OS. Single Left-Clicking would go to an app (clicking Messages goes there) and Right-Clicking would give you the option to either edit the image or replace it (with a pre-rendered version of course that isn't made in Photoshop).
    To change themes? Use an application that's like Bytafont. It modifies the actual fonts on the phone which is important. Why not edit the .artwork files the same way?
    Personally, I'm sick of creating themes because of all the folder & file creating which is frustrating and this would make it incredibly easy.

So by adding multiple themes & mixing up images from two separate themes?
    Maybe a single column on the left would be how your iPhone will appear when it's finished and on the right will be more like the IconHarvester app where you select which icon you want individually.
    You're all probably confused so I decided I'd make it visual in Photoshop so it's easier to understand.
    http://phoenix.x10.bz/iPhone/themewi...interboard.jpg
    Of course, this is just examples with icons but by selecting images for the UI would be about the same.

I'm not sure. These are just ideas that would make theming much easier. I don't have the knowledge of the specific coding to do this myself but it would be nice to have in the future.
    Last edited by Phoenix847; 2011-07-10 at 06:12 AM.
    2011-07-09 08:06 PM
49 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD