iphone 3gs 3.1.2 here, and i just set up tethering via peacefulinsanity package. so now when i go to general>profile says US AT&T Tethering.

the tethering works, but now since i did that, randomly, my iPhone will drop at&t bars and 3g and say "no service" until i reboot the phone. it's not often, once a day, maybe twice. another thing is when i leave my wifi network at home and come back, it doesn't automatically connect, nor does the network even show up in wifi settings. again, i have to reboot the phone, and then it shows up.

is there a fix to this, or is this something i have to live with now that i have tethering enabled? or maybe it has nothing to do with tethering, and just a coincidence?

update, I lost all service and had to reboot about 4-5 times today, 3 of them
    happening back2back2back. this is very annoying.
    Last edited by patoons; 2010-05-27 at 09:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-05-27 09:44 PM
    k, I removed the package and I still have the same problem. this is very annoying. I'm thinkng it's not a sim card issue since it's giving me the wifi problems
    2010-06-01 03:16 PM
    Did you use Blackra1n to jailbreak? It has been known to cause issues with wifi even though Geo claims it is Apple's fault. Maybe you could move up to 3.1.3 and jailbreak with Spirit seeing as how you do not need the unlock(3.1.3 will update the baseband to 5.12.xx).

Also: I used the tethering package inside of Cydia...I can't remember the name. Something along the lines of tethering 3.1.2 and it performed great.
    Last edited by CaptainChaos; 2010-06-01 at 04:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-06-01 04:11 PM
    yes blackra1n but I never had an issue until I had to go back and set up for tethering. I'll try the restore and rejailbreak with spirit. is there a way to backup my installed packages??
    2010-06-01 05:05 PM
    There are a couple of packages in Cydia that people use or if you use Rock it can do it for you as well.

Search for aptbackup or appbackup something like that. I always start fresh.
    2010-06-01 05:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD