So i have an iphone 2g without the data plan (and for the record i dont need anyone saying that an iphone w/o data is useless).

On my plan, I have unlimited sms and i can send MMS messages also. If i put my SIM in another phone, i can send mms.

Now my question is, how do i setup my APN to allow me to send mms messaging? anytime i try to set up anything for the mms section, it erases. Anyone know how to successfully do this?
    2010-06-01 05:08 AM
    So i have an iphone 2g without the data plan (and for the record i dont need anyone saying that an iphone w/o data is useless).

On my plan, I have unlimited sms and i can send MMS messages also. If i put my SIM in another phone, i can send mms.

Now my question is, how do i setup my APN to allow me to send mms messaging? anytime i try to set up anything for the mms section, it erases. Anyone know how to successfully do this?
    I don't think MMS works on 2G Iphone.. time to get a new one
    2010-06-01 05:56 AM
    theres alot of ways to get it on 2g. alot of cydia packages and mods. i know its possible with the data plan, wondering if its possible w/o
    2010-06-01 05:59 AM
    IIRC, you need a data plan to receive MMS on most smartphones because of the way that they download data and the apn that is used, for instance, i know for a fact that T-Mobile and Verizon smartphones without data plans will NOT be able to send or receice MMS
    I made it ra1n...again

'Reloading Data' - Ive spent the majority of my life seeing this
    2010-06-03 06:45 PM
    Not really, I didnt have a data plan on mine. Griff, http://modmyi.com/forums/t-mobile/65...2g-3g-3gs.html go there and follow the instructions and mms should be working on your 2g. Good luck!
    2010-06-05 06:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD