Hey guys, I was trying to get my in app purchases to work for an app so i navigated to /private/var/stash/libexec and like an idiot i renamed installd to installd.backup overwriting the original and shouldnt have (dunno what i was thinking) I cant get the in app purchases to work, and figured it was because i screwed up the installd files. How can i get the original file back? I tried reinstalling cydia app sync and that was a no go. Bottom line, im trying to get this in app purchase to work. Thanx for any help

After looking for a little bit online it sounds like the installd file is apart of cydia, so if i uninstall/unjailbreak cydia and reinstall/jailbreak my 3gs would it but a new copy on my phone? Im asking this before i go through all the steps of reinstalling.
    Last edited by 51N7; 2010-06-04 at 09:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-06-04 09:36 PM
    Warez talk? Your on the wrong forum for that.
    2010-06-05 12:13 AM
    What?? NO! Please read the post carefully... I replaced a backup file with the newest. I need the backup (original) so can somebody tell me how i can get that? what do u need to install/uninstall? Thought there were some smart people cruising this forum....
    2010-06-05 12:31 AM
    Hey guys, I was trying to get my in app purchases to work for an app so i navigated to /private/var/stash/libexec and like an idiot i renamed installd to installd.backup overwriting the original and shouldnt have (dunno what i was thinking) I cant get the in app purchases to work, and figured it was because i screwed up the installd files. How can i get the original file back? I tried reinstalling cydia app sync and that was a no go. Bottom line, im trying to get this in app purchase to work. Thanx for any help

After looking for a little bit online it sounds like the installd file is apart of cydia, so if i uninstall/unjailbreak cydia and reinstall/jailbreak my 3gs would it but a new copy on my phone? Im asking this before i go through all the steps of reinstalling.

Those words Bold and enlarged scream Cracked Apps. Cracked Apps/warez/piracy is not allowed per the forum rules.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]
    2010-06-05 04:35 AM
    This isn't a pirated app. Its been Downloaded from iTunes but it's a In app purchase and goes through sandbox. The error I'm getting is because my device is JAILBROKEN not that I'm using pirated software. Appsync is what I read online sorry if I used a big bad word but I'm just trying to get some help and it would be nice if somebody would help me instead of finding reasons not too. If this is related to piracy then explain how cause as far as I know this entire problem is because my device is jailbroken.
    2010-06-05 04:45 PM
    Try uninstalling AppSync/Installd to avoid copyright infringement/piracy. This will also fix the problem.
    Last edited by Skilfer; 2010-06-06 at 08:41 AM.
    2010-06-06 08:39 AM
    This isn't a pirated app. Its been Downloaded from iTunes but it's a In app purchase and goes through sandbox. The error I'm getting is because my device is JAILBROKEN not that I'm using pirated software. Appsync is what I read online sorry if I used a big bad word but I'm just trying to get some help and it would be nice if somebody would help me instead of finding reasons not too. If this is related to piracy then explain how cause as far as I know this entire problem is because my device is jailbroken.
    your getting the error because you have appsync installed, which lets you use pirated apps/games
    jailbreaking has nothing to do with it. its all appsync

Try uninstalling AppSync/Installd to avoid copyright infringement/piracy. This will also fix the problem.
    this will fix your problem
    2010-06-06 09:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
We have updated our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. Please check them out.