Hi all

I have customised my status bar to a dark/semi-transparent background.

I have changed all 3 files.

However, in apps such as Cydia, the status bar is still treated as an original file, so I get a black text on my black background- see pic below.

Is there a way to plist into the theme I have created so that in the stubborn apps it is aware that the status bar is in FSO mode ?

I did at one point have a plist which worked perfectly well, except for the fact that when using winterboard or cydia and some other apps, the status bar disappeared entirely until I locked the screen or respring. However, I was able to get it to remain the same for all apps albeit for that glitch.

Here is how it looks and how I want it to look:

Here is how it looks in the tricky apps:

Can someone please upload a plist that indicates the status bar is recognised as being in FSO mode permanently so that the right font colour will show; or alternatively a code so that the text in the top is not black. I did also try SSH'ing a plist file with the font defined as white, but it made the banner BOLD to the point of being unreadable (think an already thick font in PS being bolded).

Is anyone able to help:

a) a plist file to define the FSO mode permanently
    b) whether the current winterboard has fixed this
    c) a font workaround

I am using MIM for the text changes,and my theme also uses black bars- I have tried playing around with black bars, solid status bars etc in winterboard, but no configuration works.

Cheers

Here is the plist I would use:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
    <plist version="1.0">
    <dict>
    <key>NavigationBarStyle</key>
    <string>2</string>
    <key>StatusBarMode</key>
    <string>1</string>
    </dict>
    </plist>

this allows the menu bars and the status bar to remain semi-transparent and works perfectly aside from the status bar disappearing after opening Cydia or Rock or other apps.

If anyone has some code to add to ensure the status bar does not disappear, that would be rad.
    Last edited by iTone; 2010-06-28 at 12:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    My Rotten Pear beats your fresh Apple every time.
    2010-06-28 12:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD