So I hear Winterboard is a little messed up for iOS4, due to .png locations being different, Cydia-downloaded themes not working, things like this.

So I want to use SSH to find them all, so we can just make a forum that states where all the .png images for the status bar, dock and things like Default_0_AirPort.png are stored.

I want to help find where apple stores these .png images, using SSH. I thought some already found the folders where they were located. I guess I was wrong .

So should I just open every little file on my iPhone 3GS (4.0.1 JB) until I find them all? Is there someone already making a list?

Remember, NO WINTERBOARD.
    Feels good to be different
    2010-08-03 06:47 AM
    SSH to /private/var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.IconsCache
    As far as I can see this location tells you everything you need to know, the folder name and what the Icon should be named, if it's defaultIcon, it should be [email protected], otherwise it tells you

Each application folder will be a huge series of numbers and letters your going to have to double click on them and the app name will show up when the folder opens
    2010-08-12 05:21 AM
    Where are the signal bar pngs located? I checked in springboard.app and I don't see default_0_Bars.png, default_1_Bars.png, FSO_0_Bars.png etc...
    2010-08-12 10:11 AM
    2010-08-14 01:30 AM
    I'm also looking for the exact location of the signal bars in order to directly file mod them to a different type (no winterboard).
    2010-08-14 04:05 AM
    From what I've read, they're not directly browesable or replaceable anymore as Apple has started putting alot of the OS images within a single compressed file in the OS.
    2010-08-23 03:31 PM
    Icons can be found in two locations:

Icons purchased / downloaded in Apple's App Store:

var/mobile/applications/"obnoxious key code"/"application name.app"/[email protected]

Iphone's stock applications and Icons purchased / downloaded from Cydia:

var/stash/applications/"application name.app"/[email protected]
    2010-08-23 07:03 PM
    Icons can be found in two locations:

Icons purchased / downloaded in Apple's App Store:

var/mobile/applications/"obnoxious key code"/"application name.app"/[email protected]

Iphone's stock applications and Icons purchased / downloaded from Cydia:

var/stash/applications/"application name.app"/[email protected]
    Wrong icons we are talking about - but thanks. I think swizzle answered our question even though it's not a good answer
    2010-08-23 07:08 PM
    Is there anyone among us who would be so kind as to put a copy of the Info.plist file for Settings (Preferences) for a 3GS? I've accidentally copied over mine
    2010-08-23 08:56 PM
    Hey I like to do this as much as possible but there are restrictions, many images are compressed into .artwork files someone needs to make some software that can unpack/pack these files in order to theme every image
    Most say tremble images are in system/library/coreseevices and then look in all the various folders ie. Springboard.app.
    You can also theme games! Lol I dunno if uve ever played an appstore game called Geared but I made all the gears a nice Chrome look and swap between various backgrounds, makes it a lot gunner lol, but not all games arethemable...
    2010-08-24 02:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD