User Tag List

How do I change the weather icon in 4.0? Ive tried to ssh it like on 3.1.3 but they have changed something in 4.0. All the other icons are fine.

Stephan
    2010-08-11 09:28 AM
    i would also know how to change it...???
    2010-10-09 01:57 AM
    Have nobody changed the weather icon?
    2010-10-21 09:30 PM
    If it's 4.0.1 then you should be fine. If it's 4.0.2 or higher then you'll need to downgrade. You have to go to your computer and right click the desktop. Click new and then folder. Name it whatever you want, it's up to you. I called mine mw2 theme. There are multiple folders you'll need for a full theme but since your only worrying about icons, we only need one. I will use my folder as a reference. Create a folder inside mw2 theme and call it icons. Now find a picture you would like as your app's icon. Use a photo editing tool to make it 64 by 64. Now save this to your desktop and call it the exact name of the app. (ex. App Store.png) Spaces and capitals must be included. It should say .jpg or .gif or . something at the end. Change this to .png. Now save your image to the desktop. I'm this case yours would be called Weather.png. Click and drag this into the icons folder we made. Now open up the program you use to ssh. I use winscp. Go to stash, then themes followed by a bunch of numbers and letters, and now click and drag your entire folder containing the icons folder into this area. Now copy it when it asks to. Now open up winterboard and click the name of your theme under select themes. Now press home and that's it. Hope this helped. Good luck.
    2010-10-22 03:19 AM
    Btw, as proof this works, here's my home screen.
    Attached Thumbnails Weather icon in iOS 4-imageuploadedbymodmyi.jpg  
    2010-10-22 03:21 AM
    Ive already tried that. Do I have to change the plist file? It works on all the other icons in 4.0, but not the weather icon.
    2010-10-22 01:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD