SBRotator is a tweak that allows you to use your iPhone in landscape mode.

SBRotator Clarified Link - Click the link to view more information about SBRotator.

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=10536

I have a new iPhone 4 with iOS4, I have purchased and downloaded SBRotator with some disappointing results. The phone will glitch out very often using SBRotator, if you are in landscape mode, when you unlock your phone your wallpaper is always cropped incorrectly (stretch does not work correctly) and your dock icons are stuck in the middle of the screen, blocking other icons.

The only way to resolve these issues is to flip the phone multiple times for the SBRotator to readjust, which is VERY annoying. This can also occasionally jumble your icons or lock you between pages on your home screen. On many occasions I have only been able to see half my icons because the page is cut off. The only way to fix it is a hard reset holding down the home button and the top button for 5ish seconds.

On iOS4, SBRotator is far from being able to use your phone entirely in landscape mode (with the exception of apps that only work vertically). The lock screen does not adjust nor is there an option for it. Locking the phone in landscape mode will sometimes cripple you, because in order to fix many of the issues you must flip your phone, and when it is locked, this does not occur. (Obviously)

The scaling and spacing do not work for the iOS4 version (yet, hopefully) and this is a vital part of the customization that was expected. And last but not least the folders are very far from polished, the wallpaper will split in a very odd fashion and the folder goes off the screen. If you have a folder with anything more than 4 icons, it will cut them off the screen, making it impossible to reach the apps unless you flip your phone back to vertical mode.

Again, this app is FAR from polished for the iOS4, if you plan on using it please expect these glitches to get very annoying.

I showed SBRotator to a friend of mine who has a 3GS and it looks to work very nicely. Though the dock apps in the middle of the screen (when unlocking in landscape mode) is still an issue for us both, his iPhone looks and feels very much like a landscape device.

I also want to say that I have been waiting for a tweak like this for quite some time. The goal behind it is to allow those who want the iPhone to be landscape to do so. But at the same time I think that many people, like me, would like the entire phone to conform to landscape as well.

I hope the developer of SBRotator reads this and makes these necessary fixes to the iOS4 version. =)

Please make these changes so that we can have landscape iPhones (permanently, without glitching), we have all been waiting so long, and we are counting on you to make it possible! <3

Thanks for reading this post!

Sincerely Yours,
    Gantera

TLDR – Home screen glitches very often (wallpaper [stretch doesn’t work] and icons), sometimes screws up your pages, locking the phone in landscape mode makes the phone unable to fix itself (re-adjust), folders are cut off the screen (also screws up the wallpaper). Spacing and scaling do not work what so ever for iOS4 for iPhone4 so customization is impossible.
    Last edited by Gantera; 2010-08-16 at 05:22 PM. Reason: Someone told me I needed a TLDR for peeps who like quick information. Also added some photo's.
    2010-08-16 12:53 AM
    Hey i have a temp fix for ios 4 users.. Make a "Folder" named apps.. Go to cydia get "3" things "InfinitFolders", "InfinitDock" and "iBlank" ok now activate InfinitFolders and InfinitDock and put all apps into it except dock icons.. now use iBlank and put "4" blanks in the top of the folder... Now your folder icons wont get cut off now when Your iPhone is in landscape mode.. Now drag folder onto Dock

A few pictures of my Leopard OSX Theme i realy want the Leporad OSX 3 a but things needed as for stack ios4, springjumps ios4 and a few others lol

So ive done my best with this one enjoy.

NATAO2NV

2010-08-16 04:42 PM
    this tweak was far from polished even on OS 3.x. LMAO

I mean whatever happened to LSRotator? FAIL.

this tweak has soooo many visual bugs, just imagine how many memory leaks it contains. I purchased it and don't even want it on my device.

Every update breaks something or doesn't fix what it should.

In short, this tweak has many visual bugs and may have memory leaks too.
    2010-08-16 07:50 PM
    I don't believe downloading 3 more mods is a good solution to fixing the issues with SBRotator, in my opinion it would only lead to more complications.

What we need is more developers working with the creator of SBRotator to make this tool more compatible with the all iPhones and their operating systems.
    2010-08-16 09:13 PM
    or apple could make it available like the iPad.....
    Something Hidden in iPhone 4---Steve Jobs twitter
    2010-08-17 01:28 AM
    I think a lot of people have that same wish Chris! I myself wish Apple would just buckle down and make landscape mode possible for the iPhone without the need to jailbreak AND I don't want to pay more money than I already have. It would probably convince a few of the sidekickers to take a second look. But that is just a wish and Mr. Jobs has a more important things to do...

But how can you think that people don't want at least the option to use the phone in landscape!?!?!

Is the turtle neck is too tight? =) <3

....OK I'll say this... if Apple DID make it possible. I would pay for it...

BUT NO MORE THAN 5 BUCKS! We're not all made of money ya know! Nor have I invented the money tree! If you do make it possible... please consider our wallets!
    Last edited by Gantera; 2010-08-17 at 05:34 PM. Reason: I had more to say!
    2010-08-17 05:22 PM
    Its been a few days and I'd like to report that SBRotator now crashes every time I open an application while in landscape mode.

Sadly, this has caused me too much grief and I will be disabling the SBRotator until the developer debugs it and resolves its issues of instability. =(

Can someone ELSE give this a shot?

Does anyone else know how to make a iPhone operating system mod that rotates icons?

If it's good enough people will pay for it! I'm one of them!

There has to be more developers out there that are willing to give this a shot!

On another note, vWallpaper still does not have support for iOS4 on the iPhone 4. Does anyone know of an easy way to get moving wallpapers?
    2010-08-23 04:16 PM
    On another note, vWallpaper still does not have support for iOS4 on the iPhone 4. Does anyone know of an easy way to get moving wallpapers?
    I have been using vWallpaper for almost two weeks now on my i4 without issue.
    2010-08-26 01:09 AM
    Hi, I am having an issue that won't go away, even after uninstalling SBRotator. The icon that looks like a circle with an arrow and a lock in the middle is grayed/greyed out whenever I open an app, so any app (including email and safari) will not rotate. Maybe I'm just new, but I cannot figure out how to resolve this. When I am at the springboard, I can tap the statusbar icon to unlock springboard rotation, but then everytime I tap it after, it only locks.

It gets worse though. When I uninstall this app, the statusbar icon remains, so I am still locked in portrait mode for all of my apps. How do I remove the statusbar icon and sbrotator completely? I would love to keep it, but it will not allow my apps to rotate. Is there a setting I am missing?

Thanks.
    2010-08-29 05:22 PM
    I have been using vWallpaper for almost two weeks now on my i4 without issue.
    too bad there is no support for 640x960 vwallpapers.
    I'm MYAATT DAAAMOOON!!!
    2010-08-29 07:43 PM
    Hmm only problem I've had is when I unlock and have like SMS open, it rotates to the angle I'm holding in and locks'
    2010-08-31 05:27 AM
    mvpmps-I'm having the same exact problem and I don't want to restore to start over again(I've done this twice now with a downgrade from felixbruns too!) I want to get landscape mode back in regular form(I deleted SBrotator already) in reference to your post, can anyone give us some pointers? This is just plain sad and I need my i4 capabilities back!!!
    2010-08-31 06:37 AM
    mvpmps-I'm having the same exact problem and I don't want to restore to start over again(I've done this twice now with a downgrade from felixbruns too!) I want to get landscape mode back in regular form(I deleted SBrotator already) in reference to your post, can anyone give us some pointers? This is just plain sad and I need my i4 capabilities back!!!
    Same here.

iP3GS iOS4.01 JB

2010-09-23 12:54 AM
    Lsrotator was released yesterday. Flawless.

I don't have the same problemss with sbs rotator, but I've spent a lot of time screwing g with it, and also use blank, shrink, in.folders in.dock and folders in folders
    2010-09-24 02:19 AM
    I have noticed another problem with SBRotator installed in iOS4.0.1. Had it installed yesterday and it worked fine other than the overlapping icons in landscape mode which is kinda ok for me at the moment BUT when you connected the phone to iTunes, folders didn't exist anymore under Apps. Folders reappeared after uninstalling SBRotator though. Anyone has the same problem out there?
    Cheers
    2010-09-29 05:28 PM
    I forget which post I saw it in but it fixed my SBrotator issue. Thank you, whoever you are. With SBrotator already deleted, I installed Rotator inhibitor and respringed. The stupid circle arrow with lock was gone and I have my stock views back + the rotator inhibitor. Now on to my BT issues...
    2010-10-08 01:59 AM
    i've got same problem with some of you..
    after uninstall of sbrotator, the stupid icon still on the statusbar...
    no matter i install and remove again, or even restore the iphone, the icon still appear! (after restore to factory setting, it disappear, but when i restore back my contact information, it appear again!)

gonna crazy for the issue...

i also tried to install rotation inhibitator, it work fine but the stupid sbrotator icon still here! may someone help.....!

thanks!
    2010-11-12 07:51 AM
    i've got same problem with some of you..
    after uninstall of sbrotator, the stupid icon still on the statusbar...
    no matter i install and remove again, or even restore the iphone, the icon still appear! (after restore to factory setting, it disappear, but when i restore back my contact information, it appear again!)

gonna crazy for the issue...

i also tried to install rotation inhibitator, it work fine but the stupid sbrotator icon still here! may someone help.....!

thanks!
    I4 and some of the iOS 4x Dev seeds have the rotation lock indicator and native multitasking indicator active, so if you are in a module that doesn't support landscape rotation like settings on iPhone, or if you have the rotation lock enabled in the switcher, then the rotation lock indicator will be active.

4.2 will unify this across iDevices that have a rotation lock function

2010-11-12 09:08 AM
    I have the iphone 4... why does my screen get messed up?
    Attached Thumbnails SBRotator has MANY issues with iOS4 on iPhone4-iphone.jpg  
    Last edited by lol_release; 2010-11-12 at 09:19 PM.
    2010-11-12 09:05 PM
    I am the developer of SBRotator.
    since the previous version had many issues, I have rebuilt from scratch specifically for iOS4 plus fixing all iPhone4 issues.

New version uses native rotation methods that apple uses on iPad.

You can all get SBRotator4 free beta from my repo : http://apt.limneos.net

Try it out and let me know what you think, there are a couple of small issues left and it will hit Cydia soon.

You can follow me on Twitter for bleeding-edge updates : http://twitter.com/limneos
    Last edited by limneos; 2010-11-13 at 05:37 AM.
    2010-11-13 05:26 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD