FINALLY!

After much hassle and hours of ssh'ing, I have figured out how to swap the carrier text logo to an icon graphic. The problem I was facing I believe was my setup.

So I offer the following for those who have an iPhone 3gs running 4.0. Also, after jb'ing and unlocking, I'm using T-Mobile US carrier.

After designing my icons I saved two versions:

Default_CARRIER_ATT.png
    FSO_CARRIER.ATT.png

Then I ssh'ed to /system/Library/Carrier Bundles/ATT_US.bundle and saved them over the current ones (after copying the originals to my PC).

The next problem I had was MIM (Make it Mine) doesn't appear to work with ios4. So instead I downloaded "FakeCarrier" from Cydia. After the install, I opened FakeCarrier and changed the carrier text to "ATT". Quick respring and ska-doosh!

I'm just a rookie at this stuff, but thought I would post this for the benefit of those who are in a similar situation. Oh, and don't hate...I'm still a Seahawks fan.
    2010-09-25 07:21 PM
    MIM works in 4.0, I've tried it, also what size do they have to be? I mean the picture.
    Last edited by mahamatali0; 2010-09-25 at 09:43 PM. Reason: Grammar error
    2010-09-25 09:42 PM
    I made the pics 44x20 each. Of course the original graphic came off a 1600x1200 size wallpaper but photoshop works wonders. Photoshop is the only thing so far that I have a little bit of experience in. []

I credit arthursdomain on the graphic creation walkthrough:

Create graphic carrier logo using photoshop
    2010-09-25 11:29 PM
    hey man i did the fake carrier thing method and it worked BUT am only getting the logo to appear in apps but in the home screen it just say ATT... by the way am running a 3g iOS 4.1
    2010-09-27 05:56 PM
    hey man i did the fake carrier thing method and it worked BUT am only getting the logo to appear in apps but in the home screen it just say ATT... by the way am running a 3g iOS 4.1
    You need to
    Make sure you swap both the DEFAULT and FSO image for it to work

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!
    2010-10-02 12:33 PM
    You need to
    Make sure you swap both the DEFAULT and FSO image for it to work

thanks bro, it's a good thing u told me to do it over.. when i checked back the two images.. i had copy an paste what the guy wrote to name image.. it turns out it was a typo error.. he named it FSO_CARRIER.ATT when it should have been FSO_CARRIER_ATT.. but anyway it was a great mod he found out.. thanks guys
    2010-10-03 07:52 AM
    thanks bro, it's a good thing u told me to do it over.. when i checked back the two images.. i had copy an paste what the guy wrote to name image.. it turns out it was a typo error.. he named it FSO_CARRIER.ATT when it should have been FSO_CARRIER_ATT.. but anyway it was a great mod he found out.. thanks guys
    No probs, it's the easiest mistake to make

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!
    2010-10-03 03:17 PM
    been wondering why it never worked for my phone... just tried it and voila... looks awsome.. preciate that

question.... can i change the time to an Icon graphic as well... right now ihave text replacing the time
    Last edited by TheDude1120; 2010-10-06 at 08:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-10-06 08:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD