Doesn't seem like received mms messages get displayed the same way as regular SMS messages when received on the lockscreen. I can't x them out, or replyto them.... Seems like the stock messaging app takes over at this point, and I need to slide to unlock to view the mms. Is there a fix for this?
    2010-10-03 05:43 AM
    Try pressing on the popup
    2010-10-03 11:20 PM
    Nope. Like I said the stock messaging app takes over at that point, and I need to slide to unlock to view. SMS messages get received fine, I can open em just fine fromthe lockscreen... It's mms that I can't open.

I'm on a trial version and I'm on 4.0.1... Can anyone confirm whether either of these two conditions explain my problem?
    Last edited by MN1987; 2010-10-04 at 12:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-10-04 12:38 AM
    theres an option somewhere in the settings, I have use as default sms app ON, Lockscreenmode show quick reply is checked. And try turning quick compose ON for Lockscreen Features.

this should open the message on your lockscreen when you touch it. Then make sure you configure the buttons so one of the buttons in the popup is a close button.
    Works for me.
    Last edited by chrisrotolo; 2010-10-04 at 01:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Something Hidden in iPhone 4---Steve Jobs twitter
    2010-10-04 01:26 AM
    theres an option somewhere in the settings, I have use as default sms app ON, Lockscreenmode show quick reply is checked. And try turning quick compose ON for Lockscreen Features.

this should open the message on your lockscreen when you touch it. Then make sure you configure the buttons so one of the buttons in the popup is a close button.
    Works for me.
    Yeah, all those setting are checked for me. Still no go.

We are talkign about MMS here, right? Standard SMS opens just fine... but pic messages are unopenable from the lockscreen.

So what is it!
    2010-10-04 07:27 AM
    OK I fixed it... unlock your phone...

just kidding, I see what you mean. I will research it, but you just cant unlock your phone?

maybe because its bite SMS and not biteMMS?
    Last edited by chrisrotolo; 2010-10-04 at 10:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-10-04 10:56 PM
    The same thing happens to me. I don't think biteSMS handles MMS; even under the settings page, for the default SMS app it says it tries to replace the stock SMS app as much as possible.

Is it really a bother for you?
    2010-10-04 11:01 PM
    I emailed [email protected]
    2010-10-04 11:13 PM
    Cool. Let us know if they respond.

It's not the biggest deal in the world, but I get alot of pic messages sent to me so it would be pretty convenient if I could do all my business from the lockscreen.
    2010-10-05 11:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
We have updated our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. Please check them out.