iPhone 4 iOS 4.1

I downloaded a font pack renamed the original fonts and then added the new fonts into the font cache directory.

I must have don't something wrong as on respring my phone wont boot (apple logo and stuck spinning wheel of death)

What are my options to get my phone back working?

Does iPhhone Browser work with iOS4? I haven't used it in ages - I'm thinking I might be able to use that to amend the files/names to put this back to normal.

Can I SSH onto the phone when although it is switched on on boot, I haven't yet connected via SSH since I put iOS4 on and jailbroke.

Is there any other options

Apologies for the questions rather than trying myself - I am at work so cant do anything right now but worried I don't have a workround other than a complete restore.

Thanks
    2010-10-18 11:24 AM
    Did u install openssh from cydia prior to doing this? Cuz the same thing happened to me the other day when I replaced a system font as well. But I was able to ssh into n remove that font with a working one n hard reboot the phone. N I was good again.
    2010-10-18 05:43 PM
    Did u install openssh from cydia prior to doing this? Cuz the same thing happened to me the other day when I replaced a system font as well. But I was able to ssh into n remove that font with a working one n hard reboot the phone. N I was good again.
    I do have Open SSH installed, but I haven't connected with an SSH client and paired 'keys' between the two. I'm not sure if I can do that now.

I'm hoping I can just delete the fonts I added, and rename the originals back to their original file names and then I will be ok.

I'm not sure what my root password is. I changed it several firmwares ago and every time I have upgraded the OS I have restored from backup, so I'm not sure if the root password is put to default on every OS upgrade or if it will be preserved.

Thanks for your reply.
    2010-10-18 05:47 PM
    Well you can use iFunBox, its just like open SSH but you do it over USB. It works with iPhone 4 4.1

Or if all else fails, DFU and Restore
    2010-10-19 08:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD