I've done a fairly extensive search and perhaps I just overlooked it.

I am trying to compile/build my own theme for my iPhone 4, jailbroken, using 4.0.1 FW. I have been having a lot of trouble getting dialers to work (unlock keypad and phone keypad).

I am looking to get into more in depth things such a battery skinning, kayboard skinning, etc. UISounds and Icons I seem to have no problem with. I found some success by downloading the original iPhone 4 iOS but it was semi structured and I got lucky I think with skinning the calculator (took a total of four hours start to finish JUST to skin the calculator)

Sooooo, is there a link someone can provide to a fairly easy to understand guide to theming for the iPhone 4 that includes both structure (where to PLACE the theme files for their designated tasks) and also how to create different effects? (maybe there isn't a way to do this but I wanted to animate a different lock screen unlock versus the traditional "Sound and lock screen fade to the right".)

I found SOME (but little) success here:
    Hack that Phone - Make and use themes with WinterBoard

but it does not give me a good clear view of the basic iOS structure to modify basic files.
    2010-11-11 05:41 AM
    2010-11-13 04:59 AM
    Hello my friend, how have you been?
    Quite broad question/s
    I really believe that You Tube would be a great start. I found a bunch there when 4.0 first came out.
    There are a couple of threads here also about themeing ios4, try doing a search here.
    Also, I believe there is a sticky thread in the ip4 themeing forum about locations, hi-res icons and so on. Search and you shall find...........
    2010-11-13 06:02 AM
    Blk! Good to hear from you. I'm hanging in there, hope everything is well with you.

As to your reply I never thought of YouTube but I can give it a shot. I did paw through MMi but I came up short. But I'll try a second run through.

Thank you.
    ~Lord A. Pyralis
    "A knight in shining armour is one who has not had his metal truly tested"
    2010-11-14 12:50 AM
    This is the thread I was referring too. It should help you.
    http://modmyi.com/forums/skinning-th...eming-4-x.html
    2010-11-14 02:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD