So I currently have the Mobile Terminal iOS4 Beta installed, and I kinda goofed up and d/led a package with a dependency of, you guessed it, the old mobileterminal. Now, Cydia is stuck trying to install it and I can't do ANYTHING, even uninstall the package that had the dependency.

So, what I'm asking is, is there any way I can remove com.x#######.removeld with either Mobile Terminal iOS4 Beta OR iFile? Or any other way I can solve the problem?

Edit: Firmware = 4.0.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-11-17 at 06:20 AM.
    2010-11-17 04:32 AM
    The reason why you are having this problem is because you are adding pirated source. Can't help you with that.
    2010-11-17 06:20 AM
    ^Maybe true, but not guaranteed.

Crosseyes ... dpkg --help

to remove: dpkg -r xx.xx.xxx
    2010-11-17 06:26 AM
    Thank you so much MES.

Note: The package in question is NOT pirated, just outdated. That is where the problem was coming from.

Edit: is it normal to have to su root? It won't let me run dpkg on some (not all) packages as mobile. Hope I didn't screw something up...
    Last edited by Crosseyes; 2010-11-17 at 05:04 PM.
    2010-11-17 05:01 PM
    So I currently have the Mobile Terminal iOS4 Beta installed, and I kinda goofed up and d/led a package with a dependency of, you guessed it, the old mobileterminal. Now, Cydia is stuck trying to install it and I can't do ANYTHING, even uninstall the package that had the dependency.

So, what I'm asking is, is there any way I can remove com.x#######.removeld with either Mobile Terminal iOS4 Beta OR iFile? Or any other way I can solve the problem?

Edit: Firmware = 4.0.
    I'm having the EXACT same issue. (3GS FW 4.1) No matter what I try to download in Cydia, it will always try to download mobileterminal and it errors out and never downloads it. I have ifile and I can't find any Terminal or MobileTerminal file on my iPhone to even delete. I cannot even download Mobile Terminal iOS4 Beta anymore. I'm out of ideas and I REALLY don't want to restore & re-jailbreak....Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    2010-12-08 04:19 PM
    Can you SSH into the device using something like PuTTY (or standard "ssh" command if you're on a Mac)? You can then run the dpkg command as if you were typing it into MobileTerminal.
    2010-12-09 01:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD