so i downloaded this free game from the appstore: Metalstorm online

its basicly a dog fight game with planes, cannons and guns to buy with unlocked coins or bought trough in app-purchase
    when i first started the game i got to choose a plane, well the plane sucked and there was no way to reverse it.

so i looked on some forums and they said you could edit the contentsettings.xml
    so i went to ifile found the contentsettings.xml edited all the prices to 0 coins and set the xml. to read only so the game couldnt rewrite it.

all worked perfectly i got the best planes in the game for free.
    thats when i became greedy.
    i saw the cannons and guns still costed coins so i went to ifile again and reduced their prises to 0 aswell

then a new file was created: Contentsettings.xml%
    i dindt knew what it was i quessed a copy so i deleted that and kept the original

i then started the game and crashed after seeing the loading screen i went back to ifile to see the contentsettings.xml missing along with some other files that where in the library folder before.

i tried redownloading from appstore and itunes, butt nothing works

does anyone here got an idea. i really liked the game
    like the title says this is my first hack ever, before i only used ifile to make some winterboard themes
    2011-05-19 08:30 PM
    um, lol.

cracking != hacking

maybe ya just should have paid for the stuff, your game would still work!

lesson learned i guess.
    2011-05-20 06:02 AM
    um, lol.

cracking != hacking

maybe ya just should have paid for the stuff, your game would still work!

lesson learned i guess.
    Hey Insaint, look at the brightside! Ya got FREE advice ;P
    Last edited by davesnothere11; 2011-05-20 at 06:18 AM. Reason: Because I can
    2011-05-20 06:10 AM
    Restore your phone, then don't do it again

No seriously if you mess with files in your phone it can be permanent and only a restore can fix it.
    2011-05-20 06:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
We have updated our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. Please check them out.