User Tag List

These PNG files already have transparent backgrounds and they work fine when they are placed on the home screen (springboard). However, when I double press the Home button, the multitasking bar comes up and the black squares are placed behind each icon.

How can I make them transparent? Can someone provide me with the location/image names?

Thanks!
    Last edited by sweetiev; 2011-07-04 at 05:04 PM.
    2011-07-04 03:32 AM
    What iOS version are you using?

If you follow this link, it will take you to my Neurotech setup page. Scroll down until you see "Transparent Icons"

I believe this solution works for all iOS versions over 4.0 (not sure about iOS 5, though)

http://modmyi.com/forums/general-iph...-hd-setup.html
    2011-07-04 06:02 AM
    Jahooba,

I use iOS 4.2.8.

I just tried it (basically putting 1's in front of those three files mentioned) and rebooted, the black frames are still there!
    I also deleted everything in the IconCache folder before the reboot and the frames are not disappearing. What to do?
    Last edited by sweetiev; 2011-07-04 at 08:13 AM.
    2011-07-04 07:54 AM
    Ok, just to make sure: you did a reboot, and not a respring, right?
    2011-07-04 08:37 AM
    Yes, I rebooted as in I pressed down the power button for couple seconds, turned it off (slide the screen power button to the right) then turned it back on by pressing the power button for couple seconds again.
    2011-07-04 04:34 PM
    Ok, try this, go into /var/mobile/Library/Caches and delete every folder within that Caches folder (do not delete the Caches folder itself, only the folders inside it). Then do another reboot. I just want to make sure you're not dealing with a cache problem.

Oh, also, in WinterBoard make sure you're not running in "SummerBoard Mode". May not be a factor here, but it can cause problems.
    Last edited by Jahooba; 2011-07-04 at 04:41 PM.
    2011-07-04 04:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD