Ok, I have jb 4g ipod touch 4.2.1. I just hacked tap zoo to get 999999stars ( I don't like that you cant earn them in the game, but you have to buy them with REAL money..BS).
    I want to do the same for my wife who loves this game. she has an un jailbroken 4g touch 4.5.3.
    when I use a program like ipod explorer the two devices hard drive layout are way different. is his because of the jb diff or version diff?
    For example on my device to make my tap zoo mod i would go to: var/mobile/applications/blabla123tapzoobla/documents/gamestate.db
    this path simply does not exist in her device, and i cant find application information and files anyware on the thing!
    Anyone have any insight?
    2011-09-10 11:36 PM
    Somewhere during the jailbreak process the jailbreak program opens up your file system to see everything. Unfortunately you cannot view app data (as far as I know) on non-jailbroken iDevices. Hope I helped, and if anyone has found a way to view the entire file system without jailbreak, it would be all over this forum.
    2011-09-12 05:41 AM
    Somewhere during the jailbreak process the jailbreak program opens up your file system to see everything. Unfortunately you cannot view app data (as far as I know) on non-jailbroken iDevices. Hope I helped, and if anyone has found a way to view the entire file system without jailbreak, it would be all over this forum.
    This is true.

There is another thing you can try. Rather than opening up the app on your device and editing the data, try editing the app itself. You'll find the [app name].ipa in your iTunes folder on your computer. Rename it to .zip and extract it. Now feel free to make any changes you'd like. I modded fieldrunners for my brother and he is not jailbroken. The down side is you cannot mod user game save data, you must modify the apps files itself. The way you do this is deferent for each app.
    2011-09-12 07:29 PM
    I didn't know you could just rename and extract an IPA like that. And is it possible to just extract from the IPA without changing the name?
    2011-09-18 06:47 AM
    Sure I guess... Why not just change the extension to .zip tho? Same with ipsws. You can extract them as if they're zipped, but the disk image inside it is encrypted so you can't do anything with it. Anyways, it's all dependent upon the app you'd like to modify. I'd advise against modding for IAPs tho...do not do that. Only do it for fun and maybe bragging rights with friends and always expect bugs while doing such mods.
    2011-09-18 08:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD