User Tag List

I'm a complete noob and don't really know what I'm doing. I probably put this in the wrong forum.
    I'd like to change what my wifi bars look like. I have no idea how to do this. Specifically, I want to change the image for each bar (no bars, one bar, two bars, three bars) into different images. I do not want to make it look like the iPhone signal bars.
    Can anyone please write me a concise guide on how to do this, considering I'm a complete noob? Thank you!
    (I use windows 7)
    Yes, I'm jailbroken.
    Last edited by Clean0nion; 2012-08-01 at 08:05 PM. Reason: Extra info
    2012-08-01 08:04 PM
    Yep. Someone made a very helpful tutorial, you can read it here:
    2012-08-01 08:20 PM
    Yep. Someone made a very helpful tutorial, you can read it here:
    That's good, but how do I even access these files or put them into winterboard? Thanks for replying anyway
    2012-08-01 08:25 PM
    There's multiple ways to do it. You can use iFile, or an SSH program like WinSCP or FileZilla. But I would think using an SSH program would be preferable to most.
    2012-08-02 01:14 PM
    iFunbox I find is the easiest method instead of using SSH via a Wi-Fi network. It's free and allows easy drop and drag.

Your WiFi bars are located in the [email protected]k file located within System/Library/Frameworks/UIKit.framework need to extract the artwork file as its heavily encrypted. I used Python running out of CMD on windows. There is a bit to it.

OR..,the other alternative is to open WinterBoard and select "Advanced for themers" and then toggle on "Record UIImages" this will save the [email protected]k files as used and store them in the directory as outlined in the WB app.

Good luck
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor
    2012-08-03 03:47 AM
    Thanks for all your help guys. I ended up downloading two themes, one of which was a default theme, and moving the bars images from the one theme to the other, using iFile.
    2012-08-05 11:50 PM
    No problem. Glad it worked
    2012-08-06 02:29 PM