User Tag List

Hello everyone, I've been trying to get rid of these annoying icon shadows as seen in the dock of the picture. I have already messed around with files like IconDarkningOverlay or WallpaperIconShadow/WallpaperDockIconshadow, but nothing works. I figured out that this shadow issue only happens to non-stock apps! I also cleared Springboard cache, no changes. Please help!

Remove icon shadows in IOS6-foto.png
    2013-02-11 11:24 AM
    Hello everyone, I've been trying to get rid of these annoying icon shadows as seen in the dock of the picture. I have already messed around with files like IconDarkningOverlay or WallpaperIconShadow/WallpaperDockIconshadow, but nothing works. I figured out that this shadow issue only happens to non-stock apps! I also cleared Springboard cache, no changes. Please help!

Remove icon shadows in IOS6-foto.png
    Try Themename/Bundles/com.apple.springboard/[email protected]/[email protected]~iphone.png see if that helps
    2013-02-11 11:58 AM
    I already have a transparent SBDockmask, but I assume this doesn't fix the problem because I also have the black icon baclground on apps on the homescreen.
    Any further suggestions? How did you solve the problem?
    2013-02-11 12:10 PM
    Try this:

Go to System>Library>Coreservices>Springboard.app

Rename or delete WallpaperDockShadow and WallpaperDockShadowT

Where dreams come true!
    [email protected]'s Creations

I simply did this though
    Remove icon shadows in IOS6-imageuploadedbymodmyi1360585284.170193.jpg

Where dreams come true!
    [email protected]'s Creations
    Last edited by Technologx; 2013-02-11 at 12:21 PM.
    2013-02-11 12:16 PM
    Thank you for your help, but no, that didn't work for me too..
    2013-02-11 12:26 PM
    Did you apply in WinterBoard and do a WinterBoard respring not SBSettings respring?
    2013-02-11 01:01 PM
    As winterboard didn't function for my issue, I started to replace the files in System/Library/Springboard, but even this doesn't fix the black shadow. It's kinda devastating.... I don't understand why
    2013-02-11 01:45 PM
    I was having the same issue with ayecon. Shrink has the option of disabling icon shadow and that fixed it for me.
    2013-02-11 02:34 PM
    As winterboard didn't function for my issue, I started to replace the files in System/Library/Springboard, but even this doesn't fix the black shadow. It's kinda devastating.... I don't understand why
    I believe they are part of the image itself
    2013-02-11 02:37 PM
    I don't think so, because I already got it managed to manually replace them for the Appsitcher! There must be a way, I also got shrink but it doesn't do the trick for me, too...
    2013-02-11 02:50 PM
    Where are the icondarkeningoverlay files found on the iPhone 5? I'm trying to get rid of the shadows when pressing the icons. Anyone know?
    2013-02-12 01:38 PM
    It's AppIconOverlay, AppIconMask, and AppIconShadow they should be able to be found in System/Library/CoreSerivces/SprinBoard.app
    2013-02-14 10:28 AM
    You have a theme applied (Buuf) that overwrites the IconDarkeningOverlay file. Go into var/stash/themes.xxxx/Buufxxx/com.apple.springboard/ and rename THAT version, respring, and that should work. Report back.
    Quaerite et invenietis.
    2013-02-16 12:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD